mtbr member

Anybody tried a KS LEV Integra yet?

After one too many Reverb issues, I'm looking for a change. I love the normal LEV on my other bike; anyone tried the Integra version yet? Does it work as expected?

The only knock I've heard on it (from a Pinkbike review of an Integra-equipped bike) is that because the actuator cable housing is not firmly attached to the bottom of the post, raising or lowering the post can cause the housing to unseat and screw up the cable tension... true?

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I've been riding with mine for a couple weeks and frankly, I wish I'd gotten a Reverb Stealth. I have a Santa Cruz Solo/5010 with a grommet at the bottom of the seat tube for post routing, and despite widening the hole, lubrication, and generous cursing I have to mess with the cable on pretty much every ride to keep the post from popping up on its own.

The issue comes down to the weakness of the actuator return springs vs. tension on the cable housing caused by its passage through the grommet. The one-sentence response from KS on this issue was essentially "the housing has to move freely for the post to work properly." To me, that's basically saying "it doesn't work with your frame" because who wants an un-grommeted hole at the bottom of their seat tube? Maybe if I lived in the desert but I have plenty of mud to contend with and I don't want it in my frame.

In hindsight I wish I'd opted for a Reverb I had to bleed occasionally vs. an Integra that I have to constantly fight with.