Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Anybody NOT having Problems w/ CB Kronolog Post?

9K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  GnarBrahWyo 
#1 ·
Pretty straight forward---I know there's already one thread where the original intent was Gibbons giving a positive review about his new Kronolog and then all the guys with issues started pouring in, but I want to hear from some guys who aren't having problems. If there are any of you out there yet--or are they ALL having the loss of air issue? Be nice to hear some positive reviews for once rather than the guys that are pissed off enough to tell everyone about it.

#2 ·
Hi,

I have it last week once it is available by the distributor. I usually ride about 60-70 km every two days and weight 92kg. First ride I noticed there was 3-5mm drop after 30km, just rise it back and no problem since then. I think it was just the wear-in period. I had a crash last weekend, even my handle bar was bended, but the post remain true. No play due to the flat side walls design. Happy with CB's new Kronolog. However, I hope it last, coz (no good feedback about their other products durability).
Hope this help :)

#6 ·
4 rides on mine with no noticeable issues. I haven't taken the post out to check the air pressure yet, mostly because I haven't had a problem that would require me to do so. Keeping my fingers crossed, it's my first dropper post and I like the function of it (whenever I remember that I have it).

#9 ·
No issues so far

QUOTE=Spudman003;9285693]Be nice to hear some positive reviews for once rather than the guys that are pissed off enough to tell everyone about it.[/QUOTE]
I've had it on my RF Elite for about a month and a half. (Knock on wood, because I do not want an issue)
Not a single problem. Riding 3 or 4 times a week. 2 to 4hr rides.
Lever came already set for a 4mm gap. No clue what the pressure is, worked perfect right out of the box. lots of up and down and once or twice it did not raise the full full height. But since I have it set at my road riding height fully extended, not a big deal,when I crest the hill, I will just drop it down again. My fish feels like the "Bat Mobile" on decents now. Surprised how much more confidence I feel. (Part of that could be having gone tubeless with lower pressure too.) Cannot imagine riding without one of these posts now.
I documented the install, taking pics of the cable play before lever engagement and the front and back of the post. Just incase I did have a problem. I had it in the box for a week after I got it, looking for a positive review. I did not find one, although there are plenty of CB haters out there. I figured with the MEC warranty I could not lose.
I am not gentle on bikes, destroyed a 2009 GT Aggressor, purchased April 2009. Ridden unitl April 2010, when I purchased a 2009 Kona Caldera. Rode the Kona for two years, 3 Shimano freehubs (last 2 were XT) and the issues started after 3 months, when the complete drivetrain wore out, that was the first of 4 over it's life. There is nothing like having your freehub just give out going up a hill, then your bike is like fixie..
I read the Kronolog review on pinkbike and still bought one.. despite all the comments.
I do not see the wear they have.
I am and hope to continue enjoying the Kronolog.
I ride very little on the road, but I am going to be looking for some new tires soon.
Of course now that I have 29" tires, I will need new winter tires too..

#10 ·
Still problem-free on my end, with 3+ long rides per week (and I'm the sort of guy that neurotically uses this thing 50-100 times per ride). Given the problems people are having, I've taken 2 preemptive measures that appear to be working:

1. I'm staying anal about the cable tension;
2. I keep it clean with a light coat of park or pedros grease on the thing at all times. The collet still seams to grip the post just fine, and I figure this will cut down on the wear as the thing slides through it.

#14 ·
I'm on my 2nd , lbs swapped it out after not being able to stop it from slipping about 10mm to 15mm every time I sat on it , it would extend back into place, but always sag lower. . 4 good rides into my replacement and the same problem has started . Going to bring it back . might be time to try something else

#15 ·
my LBS sent my kronolog back to crank bros who wil send a replacement. they also offered to let me swap to the Fox Doss. it heavier and looks to have a huge lever, to be honest i really liked my kronolog when it wasnt slipping. anyone here try the Fox? and nor made a desicison to stay with the kronolog or the fox?

#17 ·
I have found that when I extend my Kronolog at max height, it will drop a tad (half inch maybe) when I sit on it. When you set it somewhere in the middle though, it doesn't move at all. I just ended up setting the whole post in the seat clamp .5 in higher than I normally would and problem solved. So far pretty reliable (fingers crossed).

#24 ·
I took it into an authorized dealer and they sent it in. The first time they sent it back it lost air pressure after 5 minutes on it. I didn't have to pay anything but sucked I had to send it in twice. I am thinking of getting a Specialized model if this poops the bed again. Only 3 positions but most people say they are very reliable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.