WNC Native

Any one have time on the New Bonty 29-4 Design

Curious if anyone has tried the new Bonty 29-4 design. I'm looking for a another rear tire and wondering how is stacks up against such as Rampage, Bonty Jones ACX Gumbi, Ardent, and 2.4 Purg for rear tires. This will be on a SS and in east coast roots & rocks.
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I had it on the front of my x-cal.......really liked it. It's kinda heavy...that's really the only downside. I set it up nicely tubeless with stans arch ex wheel. Very nice tread design...good cornering, good width....helped soften landings and chunky stuff! I switched it out for a wtb bronson 2.2 race for a lighter option and am still learning to adjust to that tire as it is more twitchy and not as forgiving....although faster and lighter. For loose conditions and all around trail use, I think the 29-4 is great. I'm planning on putting it back on for the sloppier winter conditions where traction is king and speed not so important!

Hope that helps......I'd give it a 4 out of 5......if it was a lighter...5!

noob
    im running a set tubeless on my old wheelset. set up tubeless. they were tough to get mounted but the bead set no problems. i only used them in the past on wet and muddy trails but i recently put them on my ss. i have no complaints. sure they are heavy but they are not designed to be a race tire. they are tough and will handle anything with ease
    2007 Fisher Rig
    2011 Trek Paragon
    2013 Trek Madone 2.1