Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Amazing Reba RL 29 price

“People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mtbr member
    Just what I've been waiting for, thanks!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Thanks, ordered one. Now have to decide which bike gets it. Been all rigid now for most of a year.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I keep looking for a Tapered Reba RLT 29 100mm with a 15mm TA. All I can find are these 1-1/8" with 9mm dropouts.

There sure are a bunch of these showing up for sale now. Nice price on a very nice fork.

Dropshot Champ!
    Did they even make a tapered reba with 15ta? I've been looking and looking and can't seem to find one.

I see tapered and 20mm, and I see the sid XX/wc offers 15mm/tapered, but I can't find rebas.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by redmr2_man View Post
    Did they even make a tapered reba with 15ta? I've been looking and looking and can't seem to find one.

I see tapered and 20mm, and I see the sid XX/wc offers 15mm/tapered, but I can't find rebas.
    They do. Must have been gobbled up by the OEMs. I've been looking for weeks for a good deal on one.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    As I am relatively new to the sport how much would I benefit from an upgrade like this? I am not a really big fan of my current fork Rock Shox XC-28 (or something like that).

I hear a lot of ride it till it falls apart, and I agree with that as I am not even sure I would know the difference.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Atl-Biker View Post
    As I am relatively new to the sport how much would I benefit from an upgrade like this? I am not a really big fan of my current fork Rock Shox XC-28 (or something like that).
    You would notice increased stiffness from the larger diameter tubes. You might not perceive a lack now, but take your 28mm stanchions through a rocky or rooty section, and then some 32mm stanchions, and I bet you'd notice then.

The Reba has an air spring. Is your current fork coil? You would be able to adjust the air spring more precisely to match your riding weight.

The above are the two things that come to mind at the moment.

I hear a lot of ride it till it falls apart, and I agree with that as I am not even sure I would know the difference.
    My bike parts don't fall apart fast enough for that . My rule of thumb is to upgrade when I feel it would be fun to do so. Big emphasis upon "fun".

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Wow!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Sweet!! I am getting a Reba!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    You won't be dissapointment. I have the qr version on my talon. Good stuff

mtbr member
    Sheesh!!! Figured I'd at least get a few reputation bumps for this find!
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauldotcom View Post
    Sheesh!!! Figured I'd at least get a few reputation bumps for this find!
    Done - taking my new Reba out for it's first ride in a few minutes.

I hate hog damage.
    Nov 2007
    Intredasting. Worth the $50 increase over the 2011 Recon Gold? I went from looking at the Recon Silver to the Recon Gold to the Manitou Tower Pro to this. I might have to get myself one of these forks as a bday present.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

What's the difference?

Can someone tell me what the difference is between the RL and RLT is? OE also seems to mean something .... what's that?

I pressed the 'go' button and brought it then looked around the website and noticed this particular 2011 model seems to be top of the range (going by the MSRP)

Also noticed they have the 2012 model (with no OE) on special for the same price, but a much lower MSRP

I really should do more research before I buy things.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    My understanding is that prior to the 2012 models the floodgate on the Motion Control damper has an external adjustment knob on the RLT and the RL is adjustable using tools. The RL floodgate is not adjustable on the 2012 model.

As far as the OE designation goes, the fork does not come in the factory packaging. You will get the fork, a manual, and two 10mm spacers to adjust the travel. You won't get the original box or the shock pump that would normally come with it.

I just got mine a few days ago and I am very happy with it.

~Reformed Mechanic~

Fairly Common Sale Price...

This is right on par with an older base Reba with 9mm. Now if you found this same exact fork with 15mm TA and taper it would be $200 more for sure.. Pretty messed up if u ask me but at the same time "outdated technology" has its cost perks

Quote Originally Posted by orbital View Post
    Can someone tell me what the difference is between the RL and RLT is? OE also seems to mean something .... what's that?

I pressed the 'go' button and brought it then looked around the website and noticed this particular 2011 model seems to be top of the range (going by the MSRP)

Also noticed they have the 2012 model (with no OE) on special for the same price, but a much lower MSRP

I really should do more research before I buy things.
    The RL is the base level Reba and offers a damping control/lockout all in 1 knob, it does not have a separate floodgate control knob on top, The RLT has a floodgate control knob.
    I do all my own stunts, but never intentionally...

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Thanks that clears it up ... sort of.

So the 2012 RL they advertise for the same price would be a better buy because you get the pump with it (not OE). Trouble is that it's white and I like black. Are there any other differences?

What bit of hardware do I need to fit the BB7's off my Surly Ogre. 51mm mounting and 160mm rotors?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    If you are currently using a 160mm rotor then you don't need any additional hardware. The Reba uses post mounts for the caliper that are set up for a 160mm rotor. Just take the IS adapter off the caliper that is being used on your Ogre and bolt the caliper with its CPS hardware directly to the fork.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Thanks again and more power to all of you. This truly is a great forum.

mtbr member

Remote?

What would take to add a remote lockout lever to this Reba? I recall seeing that RockShox sells a pushloc-Motion Control damper kit. Is that all?

TIA

~Reformed Mechanic~
    Quote Originally Posted by orbital View Post
    Trouble is that it's white and I like black.
    Yeah, a lot of times you will see only one color like white on sale unfortunately.

As to the remote I think SRAM used to have a remote "kit" but im not sure they still do that...
    I do all my own stunts, but never intentionally...

mtbr member
    Received my new reba last Friday and installed on Saturday. I've only done a few short test rides and love it.

Heres the link to the pushloc at the same site.

BlueSkyCycling.com - Rock Shox PushLoc Remote Lever

mtbr member
    Just ordered one for my wife's race bike. I think it's about time to retire her 2007 Reba.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    My Reba showed up on Thursday. Got a quick 20 min ride on it today. WOW! Huge difference between it and the high quality Dart 3 that came on my 08 Rockhopper.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast