mtbr member

Airborne Zeppelin Elite - is a 29er conversion possible

Just ordered a clearance (blemish) Zeppelin Elite from Airborne, got a fantastic deal on it ($400 shipped). I really was looking at one of there 29ers, but could not pass up this deal. Actually, being more of a beginning rider than intermediate, I am sure it's capabilities far outweigh my abilities.

I have seen a 650b conversion video online, I was just wandering if it is possible and/or reasonable to do a 29er conversion?

Thanks

The White Jeff W
    Doubtful that the tires would fit but even if they did the bottom bracket would be so high it would ride like crap.
    No moss...

mtbr member
    A 29er? Nope.. but you can fit a 650b in the rear just fine. Just need a 650b compatible fork. There is a guy on youtube that used to be a tester for Airborne that converted his to 650b.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkidd_39 View Post
    A 29er? Nope.. but you can fit a 650b in the rear just fine. Just need a 650b compatible fork. There is a guy on youtube that used to be a tester for Airborne that converted his to 650b.
    Cool, seen the video, will have to check it out again. I noticed that he shortened the seat tube by 30mm, does anyone know if this is necessary ? Or was it because of the aftermarket seat post he was using ?

mtbr member
    He did that b/c he had a gravity dropper post. I can tell you were that bike is hanging right now. He enjoyed the bike. He just updated to IIRC a jamis 650 HT. It was lighter and more fun where we live (STL MO).

If you really wanna go 650b on it. PM me and I can pass on his info and he can give you more insight.

I have a zeppelin elite sitting in my garage.. I upgraded to a canfield yelli screamy and never looked back. Every few months I consider finding a cheap set of 650b wheels and converting it.