mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Acs3 coil conversion or Luftkappe on 36 - 160mm

Just ordered an acs3 coil conversion for my 36 and saw today that vorsprung came out with a Luftkappe v2 that is compatible with the 36. At 160mm travel should I keep the acs3 and run the Luftkappe to save some grams? Or go coil? I have a Lyrik with a Luftkappe and an acs3 on my Slayer. Both are awesome. Trying to decide which would be better for my all day ride/ more pedaly bike Hightower LT. Any input would be awesome. Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mts595 View Post
    Just ordered an acs3 coil conversion for my 36 and saw today that vorsprung came out with a Luftkappe v2 that is compatible with the 36. At 160mm travel should I keep the acs3 and run the Luftkappe to save some grams? Or go coil? I have a Lyrik with a Luftkappe and an acs3 on my Slayer. Both are awesome. Trying to decide which would be better for my all day ride/ more pedaly bike Hightower LT. Any input would be awesome. Thanks
    I'd personally send the fork to Vorsprung and get the full V tune with the included Luftkappe... custom tuned for you, lighter and less expensive.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mts595 View Post
    how can you have the ACS and the Luftkappe on the same fork or am i misunderstanding?

as for me i want to try the luftkappe before spending the 4oo for the ACS. if it works as they say it should do the trick cuz i am close to having the lyric dialed i think what the luftkappe changes will make the fork awesome and i wont need the full coil system.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    You will really like the luftkappe in the Lyrik. I went from having three tokens in mine to 0. It really transformer the fork from okay to great. The small bump is almost as good as the acs3. The way it works with the pneumatic bump stop and larger negative spring really help this. The mid support is also so much better, it doesnít dive near as much and I run my compression almost full open. Only reason I got another acs3 is because I got a really good deal on it through I wish I had waited. If anyone is interested pm me, it is for a 160 fox 36 and has the 50 in lb green spring

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I've only been out twice with the ACS3, (Santa brought it), but I would find it difficult to believe any air fork improvements would match the ride quality of this. It installed pretty easily (Pike fork on a Santa Cruze LT-C), the video on Push's site is excellent. I had previously installed the RWC low friction seals and was very happy but the first time on the Pike with the ACS3 blew my mind. I had put the Push ElevenSix on last year (also love it) but now in combo with the ACS3, it feels like the wash board surface at the start of my ride is 3 degrees less steep, it feels like I'm going 10 miles an hour slower when I'm actually going faster. Grip is better and the brakes work better.