mtbr member
    Sep 2009

31.6 seatpost compliance

I'm considering trying a 31.6 Ti seatpost. Don't really want carbon. I've read about Ti taking some of the edge off. Has anyone used a Ti seatpost with the larger diameter? I assume the 27.2 would have more compliance. I also don't know how I feel about using a shim.

Category Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by fordohio View Post
    I'm considering trying a 31.6 Ti seatpost. Don't really want carbon. I've read about Ti taking some of the edge off. Has anyone used a Ti seatpost with the larger diameter? I assume the 27.2 would have more compliance. I also don't know how I feel about using a shim.
    I've used a shim with my ti posts. No issues.

IMHO it's worth using the 27.2
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

I get paid 3 every time I post on MTBR.

I don't huck.
    Jun 2005
    Another option might be the Niner RDO carbon post in 31.6mm. I have tried one and it was the best OS post I have been on as far as com
    pliance, but it was no better than a decent 27.2mm as far as overall compliance.
    Blog Ramblings
    West Coast writer for twentynineinches.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I'm actually riding a Niner. So the RDO post would look good on the bike. Just don't know how I feel about carbon. I hear so much good. But I just don't think I want to take the chance.

Might go the 27.2/shim route.

Basement Dweller
    Is this post 29-er specific, or will it fit a 26" or 650b seat-tube just as well?

mtbr member
    Seatpost compliance? I'd like to know how anyone isolates any vertical give on a bike as being from the seatpost as apposed to the tyre or even the seat itself.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Easton 31.6 carbon was pretty good. fiirm but compliant. Better than the AC Ti 27.2 i had been running.

mtbr member
    I'm also riding the Niner carbon seat post. In all honesty it feels like my old Thudbuster as far as compliance goes.
    2011 Niner EMD
    Wounds Heal, Chicks dig scars, Glory lasts FOREVER!

I don't huck.
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLD View Post
    I'm also riding the Niner carbon seat post. In all honesty it feels like my old Thudbuster as far as compliance goes.
    Nawwww. Well that is your opinion, but it does not have 1.5 or 3 inches of flex to it. Not at my weight anyway...190lbs.

It is nice and all, but....
    Blog Ramblings
    West Coast writer for twentynineinches.com