Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by sml-2727 View Post
    Anyone have an opinion on the new Raceface carbon R wheels? they come with a great warranty
    At $1065, the Turbine R's look like a great option if you want a less expensive carbon wheel sold by a western company. However, the wheels are definitely on the heavy side, (RaceFace lists a 29er set at 1815g), so going with a high-end alloy may be a better option. Personally, I would still prefer the Chinese carbon rims, as they are comparable in price while being lighter.

To me, RaceFace's warranty seems unimpressive. They only offer a 2 year warranty on the rims, while some other manufacturers offer much longer (Ibis offers a 7 year rim warranty).

However, take my opinion with a grain of salt, as I am definitely not a carbon rim guru.

mtbr member
    Not sure if you settled on something yet, but I went with the TR36's from NOBL earlier this summer and I love them. Tossed them on my Riot and they are laced to some i9 hubs. I love the setup, but man when i'm by myself in the woods I wonder what it would be like with the NOBL hubs or the Onyx hubs just to see what it's like being completely quiet. Either way, love the TR36's and carbon makes a HUGE difference.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    You can get new i9s cheaper than $1520. Check your LBS.
    2016 Fuse Pro 29/6Fattie
    2017 Stumpjumper Comp 29/6Fattie

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by cpolism View Post
    Not sure if you settled on something yet, but I went with the TR36's from NOBL earlier this summer and I love them. Tossed them on my Riot and they are laced to some i9 hubs. I love the setup, but man when i'm by myself in the woods I wonder what it would be like with the NOBL hubs or the Onyx hubs just to see what it's like being completely quiet. Either way, love the TR36's and carbon makes a HUGE difference.
    Thanks for the feedback on the NOBLs. I have seem some going for good prices on the used market, so I will definitely be keeping them on my watchlist.

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by TNTall View Post
    You can get new i9s cheaper than $1520. Check your LBS.
    That number was for the fully custom colored wheels. If I were to get them, I would probably go used though. I just cannot justify their price new, as the CarbonFans cost and weight less. The straight pull spokes and hubs do look great though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12