metrotuned WoS

29er Specific Negative Rise Stem Found: SYNTACE FLATFORCE

Big fan of Syntace. Went from a Thomson X4 80mm x 0 to a Megaforce 80mm negative rise and still wanted more drop. Stem already slammed. Bars were 680mm with 12 degree sweep Syntace bars - one of the few carbon bars in that sweep.

29er Specific Negative Rise Stem Found: SYNTACE FLATFORCE-syntace-flatforce-vs-megaforce.jpg
    Megaforce 80mm x Flatforce 77mm

Enter FLATFORCE 77mm from Syntace. This stem has been discussed for months on MTBR and it's finally available in the USA. I got my hands on it and installed it for our shops weekly group ride, approximately 17 miles and 1,500 elevation gain in the foothills below Mt. Diablo. Mostly XC action with a technical ridge descent with switchbacks, and I like to be aggressive on the climbs so a lower front end is what I want.

29er Specific Negative Rise Stem Found: SYNTACE FLATFORCE-syntace-flatforce-vector-high5.jpg

Besides, my frame has a high front end as an XL 29er hardtail with a 100mm fork. The cockpit is now dialed, so happy. It has a little to do with the brand, Syntace, and a lot to do with the geometry and specs chosen to fit YOUR body needs. Cockpit is designed for 29ers specficially and is as follows:

77mm Syntace Flatforce stem
    740mm Syntace Vector Carbon High5 handlebar
    Syntace P6 HIFLEX seatpost (superior comfort to a Thomson Elite aluminum and unlike many seatposts, cradles carbon braided saddle rails - much like the Fizik seatposts do)

Owned the top shelf goods from ENVE, Thomson, Easton, Fizik - the Syntace stuff is equal or better in every regard.

p.s. did you know NINER blatantly copied the P6 seatpost?
    #willofthesun and author of the most viewed MTBR thread: Platform Pedal Shootout

Formerly of Kent
    If you reverse the High5, it becomes a Low5.

They're literally the same handlebar, with different labels.

metrotuned WoS
    Le Duke: truth! Niner not only copied the P6 but also did the same thing with its handlebars ;-)
    #willofthesun and author of the most viewed MTBR thread: Platform Pedal Shootout

metrotuned WoS

This mountain biker rides for Syntace?

Who's this rider?29er Specific Negative Rise Stem Found: SYNTACE FLATFORCE-syntace-lopes.jpg

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Brian lopes