mtbr member
    Aug 2017

29er chinese carbon frame bottom bracket and fork help

Hi! A few months ago I got a new Specialized rockhopper comp 29 (https://www.specialized.com/us/en/ro...comp-29/106485) from my insurance company after my previous bike was stolen, but I have since realized that the frame is quite a bit too big for me. (I just got the size they had in stock and didn't have much say in the matter) I have therefore decided to go for a cheap Chinese carbon frame and just put my components on that instead. The specific model I am looking at is [https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...995e5c0kMIBqb], the 17 inch 29er version.

The question I had however is if it will be possible to use my current crankset (square taper chimano I believe? Look at the bike link I suppose) with that frame by getting a specific bottom bracket or if I will have to buy a new crankset to fit the included BB? The two models use a BSA or BB30 crankset so if this is possible I would also need to know which one of those to get.

Secondly, I was wondering if my current fork with this frame?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Both would work.
    Small ring in front makes it easier. Small ring in back makes it harder. That blows my mind.