squish, squish in da fish

120mm adjusted rigid's?

hey folks, gotta question on if anyone makes a 120mm adjusted rigid fork w/ 20mm thru axle? been seriously thinking of cutting up a cromoto grande and adding 40mm of tube in the stanchions. i am trying to figure out the last piece of this puzzle so i can begin my chupa cabra build. thanks in advance

Bump

mtbr member
    Waltworks will probably make you one...

Thanks rob, but I had moved this to frame forum and this is a quote from "the man" himself.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Walt
    If you can find someone who will make what you want (just to be clear: I will not build this for you) I would expect to pay something like $500.

-W
    just out of curiosity, why wont you consider building these? too much on your plate or a safety issue?

That was over a month ago and no reply. Guess he don't need an extra 500 lining his silk pockets

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I don't think you could find a good riding one that. If it was strong enough to not crumble at that length it would weigh a ton and ride like crap. Soulcraft won't build a suspension adjusted fork for a 29er and neither will Steve Potts. If they don't feel it is a good idea I think you should listen to them.

29er
    Apr 2010
    why not just get a frame that won't need such a long axle to crown to get the geometry you're looking for

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Not 20mm thru axle, but the new Surly krampus fork is 120mm corrected, though I doubt the fork will come available soon by itself.

hey guys i sh!t canned that idea last month. appreciate the answers though. im awaiting a diSSent frame as we speak. will have two front ends 1: krampus w/ a 3" knard on a rabbit hole, LOL!! 2) 120mm manitou tower pro with a 2.35 rampage. trying different things and the fork has been avail at jenson for quite some time, $90.