Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

You might own a 29er if...

10K views 57 replies 36 participants last post by  washington_desert_rat 
#1 ·
Jokes, comebacks or zingers you have heard or thought of regarding 29er supremacy :cornut:

...26" = kiddie wheels, little wheels...

...you take "clown bike", "circus bike" and "wagon wheels" as compliments...

...Proud Mary is on your mp3 playlist: "big wheel keep on turning..."

...I can ride a Big Mama, while my wife rides a Tallboy...

...you're 6'8" and your bike looks proportional...

...you're 5' and your bike looks like a micro machine...

...you aren't afraid of 27" holes...

...you know about contact patch proportions (and care)...

...you consider <17" HT & <18" FS chainstays short...

...size does matter...

And last, but not least (for now)
...you kissed a Tallboy, and you liked it...

I know you all have heard or know some good ones, please post! :thumbsup:

More to come, looking forward to your responses... :D

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Ouch...

Ryan G. said:
You post to much in this forum or have to think of a unique username since 29er is taken
...hurtful...that's just wrong...haters gonna hate!!! :madman: :madmax:

What forum are you hearing this in? Or, are you just getting it from a couple members? FWIW, I don't agree with them that you post too much in any forum. We could get a few others and increase the 29er presence in that forum or with those posters... :thumbsup:

Anywho, IMO, if you are spreading the 29er supremacy, no matter what forum or members, you should be allowed to express your opinions! For them to try and sway you into changing your username to something more reflective of your ride or opinion is just nutty...you should keep Ryan G., although baycat was cool, too. FWIW, they are both unique. Be proud of who you are and your username, no need to try for something that reflects your 29er passion. Or just use one of the above comebacks and let them have it...(although, that may have been what started all of this...) :D

Here's one you can use no matter 29er or 26er...
Don't hate the playa...hate the game!!! ;)

#8 · (Edited)
Ooooooooohhhhhhhh...

goneskiian said:
Deuce, you've got to admit you do post a lot! ;)
...I get it now! :eek:
Wow...good thing I didn't organize a posse... ;)
Awkward... :blush:

Or, maybe others are not posting enough...
Or, maybe people are bottling up their knowledge and not sharing out of fear that others might benefit and get better than them; or worse, they might get berated...
Or, maybe my posts are just more memorable...
Or, maybe everyone is just jealous that I can post in so many threads and offer pearls of wisdom...
Nnnnaaaaaahhhhhh!!!! You're right, I just post a lot... :smilewinkgrin:

You mean, people don't see my username and think, "what is this loon gonna post," get excited and click on the thread that they normally would pass on...

So what you are telling me is that I shouldn't change my username, so people will be forewarned before clicking on my threads, being exposed to countless posts and useless information...

And what your saying is I should stop wasting other people's valuable time...

Alright...fine...I'll admit it...I post a lot... :D
My name is Deuce and I'm a postaholic (and I like emocons)... :sad:
Phew! Glad to get that off my chest... :thumbsup:
The first step is admitting you have a problem...what's the second? :confused:
Should I start a thread about this and update it with my progress? :nono:

You know, you said a lot in that little sentence...
Maybe if I could learn that art, I could post just as many responses, but in a shorter, more concise manner... :idea:
Or, maybe if I use a smaller font it will take less space...
Or, a lighter shade font will look like less...
Or, if I just use acronyms...IMO, TMH (<---This May Help)
GREAT ideas, truly helpful, thanks all!

My apologies to all who(m) I forced to read my threads and posts! I am sorry for making you, against your will, suffer through my dialogue!

goneskiian said:
Good stuff though. Made me laugh! :thumbsup: :D

Cheers!
Glad you enjoyed. That was the point. :yesnod: :D

Can't promise anyone anything regarding the posting, tho... :)
Peace, out!

#10 ·
Thank you for your support!

chase1963 said:
I like Deuce9er's enthusiasm. Too many curmudgens in life. Keep it up Deuce!
Thanks chase. :thumbsup:

Maybe in 6-10 years I'll get tired of hearing similar posts and threads about: Which bike? How does this compare to that? Anyone try this? What if I...? My budget is $$$, what bike? HT or FS? 29er or 36er?

Probably not, because bikes change, components change, new experiences, new riding places, new innovations, new marketing hype, new members that have never seen a thread about...

And to use and modify (innovation) your word, if I may...
If I grow curmudgeony, anyone has my permission to PM me, or e-slap me (you can get that emo or jpeg from Jake)...

I'm Deuce9er, and I approve this message!

#14 ·
Deuce9er said:
...I get it now! :eek:
Wow...good thing I didn't organize a posse... ;)
Awkward... :blush:

Or, maybe others are not posting enough...
Or, maybe people are bottling up their knowledge and not sharing out of fear that others might benefit and get better than them; or worse, they might get berated...
Or, maybe my posts are just more memorable...
Or, maybe everyone is just jealous that I can post in so many threads and offer pearls of wisdom...
Nnnnaaaaaahhhhhh!!!! You're right, I just post a lot... :smilewinkgrin:

You mean, people don't see my username and think, "what is this loon gonna post," get excited and click on the thread that they normally would pass on...

So what you are telling me is that I shouldn't change my username, so people will be forewarned before clicking on my threads, being exposed to countless posts and useless information...

And what your saying is I should stop wasting other people's valuable time...

Alright...fine...I'll admit it...I post a lot... :D
My name is Deuce and I'm a postaholic (and I like emocons)... :sad:
Phew! Glad to get that off my chest... :thumbsup:
The first step is admitting you have a problem...what's the second? :confused:
Should I start a thread about this and update it with my progress? :nono:

You know, you said a lot in that little sentence...
Maybe if I could learn that art, I could post just as many responses, but in a shorter, more concise manner... :idea:
Or, maybe if I use a smaller font it will take less space...
Or, a lighter shade font will look like less...
Or, if I just use acronyms...IMO, TMH (<---This May Help)
GREAT ideas, truly helpful, thanks all!

My apologies to all who(m) I forced to read my threads and posts! I am sorry for making you, against your will, suffer through my dialogue!

Glad you enjoyed. That was the point. :yesnod: :D

Can't promise anyone anything regarding the posting, tho... :)
Peace, out!
What did you ride before a 29er mr. bigshot?
Get out and ride instead of sitting around here all day.

#15 ·
Okay...

A from Il said:
What did you ride before a 29er mr. bigshot?
First off, I'm not a bigshot...I'm a little shot that keeps on shooting... :D

Let's see...
A Radio Flyer Trike
A Big Wheels Trike (<---the root of my 29er mentality?!)
BMX Bike
10-Speed Bike
26" Full Suspension Bike
Cruiser Bike
So...the point you are trying to assert is that I should give my Trikes another try?!?!?!
It just...might...work...thanks for the recommendation!
Regardless, thanks Dr. Phil/Al for helping me stroll down memory lane and think of all the wonderful moments of pure joy that I have had in my life because a tri/bicycle was a part of it. Thanks for helping me realize how fortunate I am! :thumbsup: and for helping me get to the bottom of the big wheel mentality... :p

A from Il said:
Get out and ride instead of sitting around here all day.
Nice assumption in the mobile world we live in...

So while some enjoy video games, television and computers, I do not partake in those activities...my day is uber-prioritized, spending time with my wife and kids...I also enjoy (and have plenty of time for) traveling, golfing, skiing, days at the beach, days in the mountains, volleyball, hiking, biking and all sorts of other outdoorsy related activities...

IMO, my iPhone is more than capable for most everything I do...no matter if I am at home or on a ride (or any other aforementioned activity)...that's the beauty of mobility (<---pun intended)...it's amazing what can be done while waiting in line, too...never realized how much time we spend waiting...or on the pot...eewww (TMI, TMI)...find a happy place...find a Happy Place...find A HAPPY PLACE!

Anywho, thanks again Doc. I am extremely refreshed knowing how incredible my life is. Can we do this again next week? Maybe in a more private setting? Do you have an office? Is there a nice comfy couch? Are you going to want to know about my father? Am I being charged for this?

Sorry my posts did not bring a smile to your face and joy to your life, as yours did mine...
Enough hijacking my own thread...
Move along...nothing to see here...

#16 ·
Deuce9er said:
First off, I'm not a bigshot...I'm a little shot that keeps on shooting... :D

Let's see...
A Radio Flyer Trike
A Big Wheels Trike (<---the root of my 29er mentality?!)
BMX Bike
10-Speed Bike
26" Full Suspension Bike
Cruiser Bike
So...the point you are trying to assert is that I should give my Trikes another try?!?!?!
It just...might...work...thanks for the recommendation!
Regardless, thanks Dr. Phil/Al for helping me stroll down memory lane and think of all the wonderful moments of pure joy that I have had in my life because a tri/bicycle was a part of it. Thanks for helping me realize how fortunate I am! :thumbsup: and for helping me get to the bottom of the big wheel mentality... :p

Nice assumption in the mobile world we live in...

So while some enjoy video games, television and computers, I do not partake in those activities...my day is uber-prioritized, spending time with my wife and kids...I also enjoy (and have plenty of time for) traveling, golfing, skiing, days at the beach, days in the mountains, volleyball, hiking, biking and all sorts of other outdoorsy related activities...

IMO, my iPhone is more than capable for most everything I do...no matter if I am at home or on a ride (or any other aforementioned activity)...that's the beauty of mobility (<---pun intended)...it's amazing what can be done while waiting in line, too...never realized how much time we spend waiting...or on the pot...eewww (TMI, TMI)...find a happy place...find a Happy Place...find A HAPPY PLACE!

Anywho, thanks again Doc. I am extremely refreshed knowing how incredible my life is. Can we do this again next week? Maybe in a more private setting? Do you have an office? Is there a nice comfy couch? Are you going to want to know about my father? Am I being charged for this?

Sorry my posts did not bring a smile to your face and joy to your life, as yours did mine...
Enough hijacking my own thread...
Move along...nothing to see here...
This is your BEST post ever! Thank you for not mentioning Specialized and using YMMV, I believe it is the only post you did not and we are all grateful.

#20 ·
Skip the dramedy...

For those who wish to skip the dramedy, here are the responses so far (edited for continuity and clarity)...hopefully, you have more to add...regarding 29er supremacy, that is... :thumbsup:

You might own a 29er if...
SquishyPanda said:
...you ride *up* stairs...
Ryan G. said:
...you post too much in this forum or have to think of a unique username since 29er is taken...
Breitness24 said:
...your feet hit the front tire when you turn. I hate when that happens...
Flyer said:
...your old 26er friends just aren't good enough anymore...
Flyer said:
...the Hoes think you're cool again...
ECOdork said:
....you contemplate selling your sweet 26'er FS rig (to get another 29er) even though there's nothing wrong with it... :eek:
These are great! I know there are more out there! Post 'em.

Here's a couple more...
...other riders look up to you...even though you look down on them...
...you know how to modify a Lefty by 20-30mm...

#23 ·
Flyer said:
...if you are frequently seeing mikesee SPAM disguised as posts?
I don't think that's fair. He contributes a lot of useful info even when he's being his most self-promotional. He's arguably given out more info than most people on this board ever will.

Now, if you're talking bikesdirect... :thumbsup:

#26 ·
I meant that in the nicest way possible. He does contribute a lot too.

Bikesdirect- yeah, nothing more needs to be said about that guy. I would not buy from him regardless of price, value, or threat of death.

schnee said:
I don't think that's fair. He contributes a lot of useful info even when he's being his most self-promotional. He's arguably given out more info than most people on this board ever will.

Now, if you're talking bikesdirect... :thumbsup:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.