View Poll Results: Yelli Screamy, Honzo or Slim Jim?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Canfield Yelli Screamy

18 40.91%
  • Kona Honzo

18 40.91%
  • 2 Souls Slim Jim

8 18.18%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Yelli Screamy/Honzo/Slim Jim

So - which would you pick and why?
    For general riding with 120mm fork, 1x10. To compliment a Nimble 9 (rigid and ss).
    In UK so Honzo easily cheapest, SJ and YS similar in price. YS is lighter.

mtbr member

Curious why you need to compliment the Nimble 9

Isn't the N9 pretty similar to the Yelli and Honzo? What are your goals behind getting another bike in addition to the N9? I would vote Yelli if you were to have that geared and have the N9 built up as a rigid SS. I simply like the N9 geometry and Yelli is the same.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Want a geared bike with suspension to compliment rigid ss. I also have a set of 120mm tapered Rebas doing nothing :-)

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Not that I have a lot of experience, but I love my steel hardtail and have a hard time imagining ever buying an aluminum one. I love the way the Yelli Screamy looks, but I'd pick a steel (or titanium) frame for an all-mountain hardtail.

ZEN RIDER!
    Kingdom Bikes is on my radar at the moment, either carbon or titanium.
    The Brigante Carbon | Latest from the Kingdom Bike Project
    Life in every breath

awesome

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mt.Biker E View Post
    2nd that!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mt.Biker E View Post
    I'm after something now - also starting to stretch the budget a little.

Anyone ridden a Y-S and Honzo to compare?

The White Jeff W
    I haven't but I do know that I'm still in love with my Yelli after a year of owning it. Someone said that the new bike stoke never goes away with the Yelli and I think that sums it up pretty well.
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Not mentioned, but the Banshee Paradox might be worth a look. The 2012 comes with a tapered headtube and is similar to the other frames you're looking at.
    "I like skinny jeans. Sometimes I wear them to the mall to get an Orange Julius." -Chim Chim

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by amishscum View Post
    Not mentioned, but the Banshee Paradox might be worth a look. The 2012 comes with a tapered headtube and is similar to the other frames you're looking at.
    True - not sure the 2012 frames are available over here though?

mtbr member
    I was in the similar position recently, but also looked at the Chromag Surface and Transition TransAM. Not a big fan of aluminum for a hardtail.

For what it's worth, I have decided on the Kona Honzo frame. Shortest chainstays, nice geometry that fits what I'm looking for, lifetime warranty, and I know what to expect from Kona as I have a Stinky too.

So I would pick up the Honzo if I was you, but if the 2Souls Slim Jim and the Canfield Yelli Screamy in the UK is the same price, I would jump on the 2Souls Slim Jim, that's a no brainer. The design is awesome!!!

I was set on the 2Souls QH/Slim Jim, but no XXL yet, plus with duties and customs, I feel I got a screaming deal when I paid $475 for my Honzo. If the XXL will eventually happen, I will be ordering the QH for sure.

mtbr member
    My vote goes to the Yelli Screamy.
    I heard Chuck Norris has one too.

Dinner for wolves
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffw-13 View Post
    I haven't but I do know that I'm still in love with my Yelli after a year of owning it. Someone said that the new bike stoke never goes away with the Yelli and I think that sums it up pretty well.
    Yes.

The new bike stoke is felt every time I climb aboard the Yelli. A Happy Fun bike if ever there was one.
    Responds to gravity

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffw-13 View Post
    I still love this damned bike. Sold my favorite bike ever because I never rode it anymore (thanks to the Yelli).
    Extreme stationary biker.

Canfield Brothers
    I'm still on the original Nimble9 sample. I love this thing. It has been my everyday ride and I can't think of a bike I would replace it with. I haven't kept a bike for this long since we started building bikes. The Yelli has the same geo = FUN!
    http://www.canfieldbrothers.com/frames
    Building bikes that make you smile!
    www.mtbparks.com
    All Bike Park, All the time.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by flymybike View Post
    I'm still on the original Nimble9 sample. I love this thing. It has been my everyday ride and I can't think of a bike I would replace it with. I haven't kept a bike for this long since we started building bikes. The Yelli has the same geo = FUN!
    That was my thinking - but the Honzo is 200 cheaper over here and the SlimJIm almost 100 cheaper. I was all set to get the Y-S until I saw these options

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clink View Post
    That was my thinking - but the Honzo is 200 cheaper over here and the SlimJIm almost 100 cheaper. I was all set to get the Y-S until I saw these options
    That's crazy! The Honzo lists for $539 here, the Canfields both for $650, TransAM for $699, and I was looking at about $1200+ for the 2Souls Slim JIm to be shipped to the USA.

mtbr member
    I have never dealt with Kona and don't have a clue who 2 Souls is, but I have had the opportunity to deal with Canfield. Purely based on customer services, I'd go Canfield any day over any other choice, plus it's great that they have a nice product too.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan View Post
    I have never dealt with Kona and don't have a clue who 2 Souls is, but I have had the opportunity to deal with Canfield. Purely based on customer services, I'd go Canfield any day over any other choice, plus it's great that they have a nice product too.
    These guys.

Pretty badass design.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Based on my few experiences with the Yelli, it is killer bike. I can't wait until I complete mine.
    '08 Specialized Rockhopper Comp Disc (Stolen). I hope you break both kneecaps of the jerk who stole you.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Some months ago I started searching a 29er Allmountain Frame made out of steel, with an aggressive geometry (low front, slack head angle, super short chainstays) and singlespeed-compatible dropouts (maximum verstitality).

Things I don't like:

Yelli Screamy: Aluminium Frame, not singlespeed-compatible, expensive in continental Europe
    Honzo: cheapo tubeset, bent seattube, kinda mainstream, maybe the top tube is too high (brake levers), avaiability in continental Europe

Nevertheless these are fun bikes for sure. I went for the 2 Souls for several reasons:

Reynolds 853 tubeset
    super short chainstays
    great and unique solution for the seat-tube
    (my) dream-geometry
    nice and super friendly team, I had contact with almost all of them
    small german manufacturer

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I absolutely love my Yelli, but given your location I'd second the recommendation of checking out the Mythic (aka Banshee) Paradox. Post a thread in the Banshee forum to inquire about the UK availability.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I'd just buy the cheapest if I were you. It will minimise the loss when you sell it

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_uk View Post
    I'd just buy the cheapest if I were you. It will minimise the loss when you sell it
    In process of ordering - I'll reveal choice when I've got it.

Cheers for all the comments.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Clink View Post
    In process of ordering - I'll reveal choice when I've got it.

Cheers for all the comments.
    You should have just traded me your Jones for my Yelli.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast