Page 1 of 114 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    T , V , & K Rider
    Nov 2004

Yelli Screamy by Canfield ?

So I was checking out the Canfield website to see how they are progressing with the Nimble Nine and I see they are offering a new Aluminum alloy HT 29er model called the Yelli Screamy ! Geo sounds interesting : 16.7 " chainstays , 69 degree HTA w 100mm fork , and will come in a XL size as well for us taller peeps ! Man , even though I'm not really a big HT fan this frame sounds interesting for a nice little playbike ! TIG.
    " A way to a deep freedom " - Tarja

WNC Native
    Knew this was coming, got to go check their site now.

The Nimble 9 is still coming and last I heard it's another 2-3 months out.

I was told that it looks a lot different than the original look and will be SS only.
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

WNC Native
    Wow, I'm impressed! Now I'm even more eager to see the final Nimble 9 design.
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

Naturally Organic
    Inter-resting...very inter-resting...

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    fantastic freakin name.

Truly Doneski
    Sep 2009
    Cool geometry

workin' it Administrator
    http://www.canfieldbrothers.com/products/yelli-screamy

holy that is what i have always wanted.
    Try this: HTFU

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

16.7" Chainstays!!!!!

16.7" Chainstays, and way better looking than the Nimble 9...IMO.
    "I can only assume chan slap is what happens when you get assaulted by Jackie Chan. I don't think anybody can prevent that."

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Anybody find BB height?

Powered by ice cream.
    Is this actually available, or just vapor ware like the Nimble 9 has proven to be thus far?

Edit: It says "Buy Now." This looks like a great option in the hardtail arena. Very unique bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhak
    And I thought I had a bike obsession. You are at once tragic and awesome.

Powered by ice cream.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestatevirgin
    Anybody find BB height?
    BB drop is on the diagram (as is reach!!). 70mm for 487a-c fork gives you an estimated 11.75" with the short fork. I would guess around 12.5-13" with a 120mm fork

That is possibly the most thorough geometry diagram I have ever seen. Well done Canfields
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhak
    And I thought I had a bike obsession. You are at once tragic and awesome.

Cassoulet forever !
    is this slacker than the Pardox using the same fork ?
    Frenchspeaking 29"ers community site http://VingtNeuf.org

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

However....

Quote Originally Posted by Enel
    Is this actually available, or just vapor ware like the Nimble 9 has proven to be thus far?

Edit: It says "Buy Now." This looks like a great option in the hardtail arena. Very unique bike.

...If you click on "Buy Now," there isn't one to buy.
    "I can only assume chan slap is what happens when you get assaulted by Jackie Chan. I don't think anybody can prevent that."

Naturally Organic

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by 20.100 FR
    is this slacker than the Pardox using the same fork ?
    The Paradox is 70d with a 100mm, 69d with 120mm. The CS are also shorter on the Yelli.

workin' it Administrator
    it comes in gold? I am so sold. Get these available flymybike!
    Try this: HTFU

MTB B'dos
    Very interesting bike for sure and as Enel said, the geo chart really does give you everything and see what your particular size frame will actually look like, HOWEVER, too bad they have a web designer who doesn't seem to think that anyone uses over a 1024 resolution for their monitors I can hardly read the type on my 17" wide screen @ 1650 x 1050 and it's a jpeg, so you can't even scale it up using the font scaling feature in most browsers these days.

BB drop is on the diagram (as is reach!!). 70mm for 487a-c fork gives you an estimated 11.75" with the short fork. I would guess around 12.5-13" with a 120mm fork

That is possibly the most thorough geometry diagram I have ever seen. Well done Canfields
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    So forgive me a newb question, but for those of you who ride slacked out bikes with shorter stays, would you recommend the 120mm fork or the 100mm fork. I ask because the website highlights the HA with the 100mm fork. I'm wondering if that's what they, essentially, designed the frame around and are recommending?

is buachail foighneach me

Now we're talking. I originally looked at it and was scratching my head at the sub 12" resultant BB height. Forgot to take into account longer forks.

16.7" cs + 12.7"(+) bb =

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thesenator
    ...If you click on "Buy Now," there isn't one to buy.

The Yelli Screamy's are finished. They have been on the boat for about 2 weeks.
    Should be here in about a week or so.

The frame was designed for 80-120mm forks.
    I have a 100mm Fox float on mine running a 69 degree head angle.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cSquared
    The Yelli Screamy's are finished. They have been on the boat for about 2 weeks.
    Should be here in about a week or so.

The frame was designed for 80-120mm forks.
    I have a 100mm Fox float on mine running a 69 degree head angle.

Post up a pic or two!