Page 4 of 114 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Now we know the reason for the delays in getting the Nimble Nine. Dude, get to work.

In FTF We Trust
    Hmm...those girls have shirts just painted on, no? I think I wouldn't be rubbing my nipple. Maybe part of that crazy Euro. mating ritual?
    "I'll disintegrate over time if I expect my body to try to keep up with my mind" -BM

Race, Rocks or Road...Just Ride

ride more
    Mar 2007
    That looks like a guy trying to sell some bikes.....

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Are there any decent build pics yet?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Thanks to Ojos Azules for this pic of the Yelli. Go check out the full Eurobike pic post:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/mybikeri...55899731886226

mtbr member
    Only a couple more days until this frame is available. How many others have one pre-ordered?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by whydomylegshurt?
    Only a couple more days until this frame is available. How many others have one pre-ordered?
    I wish
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yelli Screamy  by Canfield ?-p1050105.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    So I was over at the Canfield online shop looking at ordering the frame and there I find a 29inch wheelset listed too. The site lists the set as available in QR or 15mm front and 150x12 rear. Correct me if I'm wrong or newbish, but doesn't the website list the yelli as having a 135x10 rear? Will the wheelset work with the frame? Does anybody know anything about the wheelset, such as rims and hubs?

http://canfieldbrothers.com/shop/products-page/29ers/

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestatevirgin
    So I was over at the Canfield online shop looking at ordering the frame and there I find a 29inch wheelset listed too. The site lists the set as available in QR or 15mm front and 150x12 rear. Correct me if I'm wrong or newbish, but doesn't the website list the yelli as having a 135x10 rear? Will the wheelset work with the frame? Does anybody know anything about the wheelset, such as rims and hubs?

http://canfieldbrothers.com/shop/products-page/29ers/
    pretty sure that's a typo -- makes no sense to sell a wheelset w/ a QR front hub and a 150 mm rear hub.
    Originally posted by bucksaw87
    I still fail to see how mustaches, fixies, and PBR are ironic.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I'm really interested to hear some ride reports on this frame. I had been looking at the Yeti Big Top, but the shorter chainstays and triple water bottle mounts, not to mention the lower price tag have me very intrigued. I'm especially curious to know if this frame is harsh or compliant, as aluminum hardtails go--there seems to be so much variation.

Old school BMXer
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    probably a similar difference in handling between slack 26" am hardtails and 26" xc hardtails that often have steeper angles too

no offense, but many people tend to think of 29ers more as a category of bikes than as a wheel size that can be applied to different categories of bikes. Short stays can make a bike feel more "lively", "playful" or "nimble" and you will be able to turn the bike a bit easier with your body, but the steering alone will still be slower and will force you to use your body more to be maneuverable
    another +1

In the thread of the 29er I built (with 67.5 degree head angle with a 120 mm fork), there were a few people who mentioned that they required a 71 or 72 degree head angle to turn - yeah, I understand - they just don't have the turning skills to properly turn a bike, anyway, and they usually can't/don't get their butts out of the seat to turn. It's no wonder most 29ers are built for riders without bike handling skills!

I'm loving my 67.5 degree HA/12" BB/ 16-5/8" CS 29er!
    May the air be filled with tires!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    So are the Brothers done hamming it up with the painted Euro wenches yet? I want pics and details!!!! (Of the bike, not the wenches. Though you can feel free to include pics/details of the wenches as well )

Pics of the three frame colors side by side would be nice. A shot of the chainstays with a known high volume tire mounted to a wide rim would make me happy as well

ride more
    Mar 2007
    +2, more pics !!!!(please)

Northern Aggressor
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster1200

.....the 29er I built......they just don't have the turning skills to properly turn a bike.....
    We get it, you built a bike and have sick bike handling skills. Save the self exposition for STR .

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by flymybike
    The complete shown is a large. They will be here on the 10th so it's possible to get one just before I-bike. .
    I'm not pestering you. I'm just making it easier for you to find the thread

Trophy Husband
    $100 for shipping? Seriously?

http://canfieldbrothers.com/shop/pro...page/checkout/

edit: looks like they are still tinkering with the web store. now reads 650 and no shipping.
    Last edited by geolover; 09-13-2010 at 10:50 AM.
    Extreme stationary biker.

small member
    Jun 2006
    Ouch!

400$ for international shipping...

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Ouch!

Frame bought in UK is roughly 600 or $925 :-(

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Ouch!

Shurely sum mistake - nothing costs 400 bucks to send international

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    But it makes it equate with the UK price...

If the frames were shipped straight to the UK distributor from the factory, instead of via Canfield in US surely that would be much cheaper?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bonesetter2004
    Shurely sum mistake - nothing costs 400 bucks to send international
    Nigel, not so. The quote from Fedex to ship your FSR if, I remember correctly, was almost $400.

Ronnie.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I just shipped a full bike from California to England, via US Postal priority mail, insured, for $90.

That rate seems way high.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jager7
    I just shipped a full bike from California to England, via US Postal priority mail, insured, for $90.

That rate seems way high.
    Yes, I've also shipped to England for $90 with USPS. I also had one arrive damaged with USPS. Go and get an insured quote with a shipping company and see what it costs.

Ronnie.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

MTB B'dos
    They are most definitely smoking some form of cRaCk Guess they're doing like all those infomercials and making their money on the shipping I know my Banshee sure didn't cost anywhere near $400 US once it was shipped by Banshee who would do a lot more business with FedEx etc than me. I think this will be a major hurdle for them if these prices are for real.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

ride more
    Mar 2007
    I got as far as the paypal log in and I saw no shipping costs at all? I'm wondering if the new price includes shipping ?

Page 4 of 114 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast