Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DFYFZX
    Woohoo! I got dibs on the silver/med demo frame

Question: have any of you YS owners run an 80mm fork yet??? That's what I currently have so it'll have to do for a few months until I can secure a proper fork for this bike. Just curious how it rides if anyone has done it.

Another question: What headset are you guys running?

I used the 100mm fork and internal headset off of my old frame. It handles fine and I haven't had a ridiculous amount of pedal strikes, but I am gonna get a 120mm fork and an external lower headset to slacken it out some more and get a little more space underneath the bottom bracket. The 80mm fork and external lower headset will sit pretty close to where mine does now.

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by car_nut
    You might want to check that fork. It probably has a spacer in there that can be removed to give you 100mm. Or, if it's like my bikedirect bike, it never had it installed and you're already at 100mm.

For headsets, Cane Creek offers the uppers and lowers separate which makes life easier for the tapered head tubes.
    The top bearing is a 1-1/8" Zero Stack spec(ZS-3): http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/211...t-Assembly.htm

The bottom of the head tube is a 1.5" Traditional spec. You then choose the bearing based on a 1.5" or 1-1/8" steerer. If you're fitting your Reba, you'll need a XXc II Bottom Assembly (HSS2420K): http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/211...t-Assembly.htm
    I'm not using the Reba from Bikesdirect. I'm using a White Brothers Magic80. If anyone knows if it can be converted to 100mm on the cheap, let me know

I think I'm going to go with this headset combination to slacken it out a bit: http://www.canecreek.com/component-h...t=tapered-ZS-3

It sucks that I'll have to buy another bottom for the new fork when I get it

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I'm riding a L Motobecane Fly Ti right now and have felt since day one that it's slightly too big and too racy. I'm a simple trail rider that goes out for fun. I wasn't planning on a new frame anytime soon but I messaged Mr. cSquared about the price of a demo frame and it was too good to pass up I should be able to sell my Ti frame and Masterpiece post to fund the YS quite easily

Right now my Fly should be around a 71 degree head angle and the YS will be 70 with the same fork. When the budget allows, I plan to upgrade to a Fox/RockShox/White Brothers fork with 100mm travel, tapered steerer and thru axle. For now, the Magic80 will have to do...
    since you beat me to the med frame message me what size and how much you are looking for for the fly ti.

i would call white brothers and see what they can do.

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    PM sent

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I'm not using the Reba from Bikesdirect. I'm using a White Brothers Magic80. If anyone knows if it can be converted to 100mm on the cheap, let me know
    Oops. Sorry. For some reason I read "Reba" in my mind. Too little sleep.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Anybody running the new 2x10 stuff on the Yelli? I'm wondering about chainring clearance. I've seen the youtube video demonstrating the space on 3x10, but I'm wondering if a 39t, 40t, or 42t chainring on a 2x10 crank would clear as cleanly.

Leg Shaver
    I've said it before. this is the best suspension bike they make
    Why are there so many threads about cheap ass bikes?

Leg Shaver
    I've said it before. this is the best full suspension bike they make

Canfield Brothers
    Thanks Ike, go shave your belly.
    I worked for White Brothers in the early Canfield days, they can change your travel up to a 100, maybe even a 120. Not sure how much there forks have changes in the last 5 years but that use to be a normal service they offered. Call and ask for Eric.

Canfield Brothers

XX Cranks

Here is a picture of the model clearance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yelli Screamy  by Canfield ?-xx-ring-clearance.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

mtbr member
    That's a pretty spot on review.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    +1

I am starting to appreciate the stiffness of Aluminum on mine also. So responsive and precise in the slow, tech stuff. Everything's a trade off, but for now I'm no longer thinking that steel would be a upgrade.

This thing is even fun in the skate park, even though its "wrong". I did get a size S though which helps.

Leg Shaver
    Thanks for the advice. I prefer full Brazilian for hair removal. Talk about Yelli Screamy. Have we met?

Dinner for wolves
    Not wanting to let this thread just die, I have to announce that I just did the dirty deed and ordered a L black Yelli. I have mothballed the dream of owning a Lenz Milk Money. So when the CFO sees the bill, I want you all to back me up when I tell her I didn't spend $650 so much as I SAVED $1500. We all on board with this?
    Responds to gravity

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhak
    Not wanting to let this thread just die, I have to announce that I just did the dirty deed and ordered a L black Yelli. I have mothballed the dream of owning a Lenz Milk Money. So when the CFO sees the bill, I want you all to back me up when I tell her I didn't spend $650 so much as I SAVED $1500. We all on board with this?
    I'd be glad to help you out.
    I specialize in Risk Management and Financial/ Wealth Management.
    Your plan and math are well thought out.

I just ordered a gold Yelli to compliment my Lenz Lev 4.
    According to hours of calculations....I couldn't afford not to.

The White Jeff W
    Quote Originally Posted by the mayor
    According to hours of calculations....I couldn't afford not to.

Same logic I used when I ordered the XL silver demo. Should be here next week
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffw-13
    Same logic I used when I ordered the XL silver demo. Should be here next week
    It's all about the numbers.
    If more people would stop thinking " I can't afford to."
    and start thinking "Can I afford not to?"
    Their lives...and the economy... would be better
    Thank you for making the world a little bit better.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I've spent ten years telling my wife I'd be buying a really nice car for my midlife crisis. I cashed those chips in on my Yelli in a similar way "Honey, this costs way less than the car I was planning on getting!" Her response:

Congrats on the frame Mine's slowly coming together as I have time. I'm hoping to go through the fork this weekend and then it'll be just about done.

Dinner for wolves
    THe mayor has it right. You only get one spin around the block. It's important to live a little before the reaper catches up. I am always happy to do my part for this great country and its hard working native sons (insert mental pic of a Canfield touching his nipple at EuroBike here). Besides, this is a wee present to myself for passing a difficult exam.

The parts will have to trickle in slowly, but I am envisioning SS with tensioner at first, then eventually a 1x6 gearie to complement my beloved Karate Monkey (which may end up a fixie, we'll see).

I've never been so happy in my whole life...
    Responds to gravity

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Hey, I just got offered a good deal on a Yelli, but I promised my wife I wouldn't put any of my winter build on the credit card. Couldn't pull the trigger. Anybody got any advice for that? I had to make a solemn promise too...because I can't be trusted. I try not to complain. In the grand scheme, putting up with me is much tougher. Here's what I've already bought for my build: Reba tapered team 120 maxled out, Hope 2's and stans Flows, Race Face Next LP 94/58 with carbon inserts. Sweet mid-life crisis action right there.

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    Hit up Chris for a demo frame when you have the cash in hand? Or, you could always get a new credit card in your name only that she doesn't know about. hmmm... Might not want to do that

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    I just bought a fork for mine! Hopefully I'll have pics up in a week or two

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    THe mayor has it right. You only get one spin around the block. . Besides, this is a wee present to myself for passing a difficult exam.
    I'm always right....it's a curse that was put on me.
    Congrats on the Exam...what ever it was. When it comes to self improvement..."Can you afford not to?" is a rule...not a suggestion.

As far as building the bike....if it doesn't put you in over your head in debt...can you afford to have it sitting there not being used?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Hit up Chris for a demo frame when you have the cash in hand? Or, you could always get a new credit card in your name only that she doesn't know about. hmmm... Might not want to do that
    Yeah, I just missed out on the last round of demo frames, so I took the money and bought a wheelset. I will have the frame money in March/April. Shooting for May for the complete build.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestatevirgin
    Hey, I just got offered a good deal on a Yelli, but I promised my wife I wouldn't put any of my winter build on the credit card. Couldn't pull the trigger. Anybody got any advice for that? I had to make a solemn promise too...because I can't be trusted. I try not to complain. In the grand scheme, putting up with me is much tougher. Here's what I've already bought for my build: Reba tapered team 120 maxled out, Hope 2's and stans Flows, Race Face Next LP 94/58 with carbon inserts. Sweet mid-life crisis action right there.
    So...
    You have a complete bike...minus the frame...sitting in a pile.
    Are you collecting interest on those parts sitting there unused?
    If the answer is yes...leave it there and reap your rewards.

But...
    If you had a frame...would you be able to ride it now?
    If the answer is yes....Can you afford not to?

FM
    mtbr member
    Hey, I just got offered a good deal on a Yelli, but I promised my wife I wouldn't put any of my winter build on the credit card. Couldn't pull the trigger. Anybody got any advice for that?
    PM me the details
    Maybe you can "lease" it to somebody for a few months!
    Last edited by FM; 01-06-2011 at 10:58 AM.

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    PM me the details
    Maybe you can "lease" it to somebody for a few months!
    FM, you can ride mine for a few months....I've been so busy at work I don't get much time on mine. It is a medium.
    Extreme stationary biker.

FM
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    FM, you can ride mine for a few months....I've been so busy at work I don't get much time on mine. It is a medium.

Very cool- I'll PM ya. I'll make it worth your while

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    is anyone riding theirs rigid?

Dinner for wolves
    I'm always right....it's a curse that was put on me.
    Congrats on the Exam...what ever it was. When it comes to self improvement..."Can you afford not to?" is a rule...not a suggestion.

As far as building the bike....if it doesn't put you in over your head in debt...can you afford to have it sitting there not being used?
    I guess that's why they call you the Mayor? You are like the Laser Cannon of Truth. In any case, between school loans, home loans, and liberal application of your rule over the years, I won't be debt free until 2040 or so. Honestly, I just can't wait that long to get the Yelli Screamy built and ready to terrorize forest creatures.
    Responds to gravity

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I guess that's why they call you the Mayor? You are like the Laser Cannon of Truth. In any case, between school loans, home loans, and liberal application of your rule over the years, I won't be debt free until 2040 or so. Honestly, I just can't wait that long to get the Yelli Screamy built and ready to terrorize forest creatures.
    Mehhh. That's only 30 years. That will go by like...well...30 years...but the last 5 will fly by. Trust me on that.
    When I was a kid working in a motorcycle shop.....there was a poster on the wall.
    It was an old man sitting on a trick BSA racer. It read:
    "Work hard and save your money and when you are old, you'll be able to buy things only the young can enjoy"
    I still have that poster on my wall.

Dinner for wolves
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowme17
    is anyone riding theirs rigid?
    I expect to be quite rigid when it comes time to ride mine.
    Responds to gravity

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    So...
    You have a complete bike...minus the frame...sitting in a pile.
    Are you collecting interest on those parts sitting there unused?
    If the answer is yes...leave it there and reap your rewards.

But...
    If you had a frame...would you be able to ride it now?
    If the answer is yes....Can you afford not to?
    Parts in a pile aren't costing me interest at least.
    If I had the frame, I'd still be waiting on drivetrain parts, headset, cockpit, and bb.
    Have to go in stages. I'll ride my Rockhopper 29er during the wet season and save my new bike for May. Hope springs eternal and all that.

tl1
    Bicyclist

Why don't you...

Hey, I just got offered a good deal on a Yelli, but I promised my wife I wouldn't put any of my winter build on the credit card. Couldn't pull the trigger. Anybody got any advice for that?
    ...squeeze the trigger instead?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tl1
    ...squeeze the trigger instead?
    Ha! Hey if I pull or squeeze the trigger on the bike against my promise to the wife....

I'll be both pulling and squeezing another trigger for who knows how long.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    what length fork are you running?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Parts in a pile aren't costing me interest at least.
    If I had the frame, I'd still be waiting on drivetrain parts, headset, cockpit, and bb.
    Have to go in stages. I'll ride my Rockhopper 29er during the wet season and save my new bike for May. Hope springs eternal and all that.
    That is good math.
    You can afford not to.
    Ride on.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Originally Posted by buddhak

what length fork are you running?
    Ummm.......http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

Also Google "boner jokes"

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    This thread has deteriorated into dirty jokes. Means we need some fresh pics. Any new builds out there? Show us.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Originally Posted by buddhak

Ummm.......http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

Also Google "boner jokes"
    burn!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    burn!
    Gooogle "boner burn".....there's an ointment for that now.
    Also...listen to Frank Zappa's "Why does it hurt when I pee?". I prefer the live version which segues from "Joe's Garage".
    I miss Frank.
    Got a Ups tracker for my Yelli.....been clicking on it every 10 minutes....but that doesn't seen to be making it get here any faster. Why do they send it if it doesn't make it get here faster?
    Last edited by the mayor; 01-07-2011 at 12:20 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    So...while I wait for my box o' Yelli to trudge it's way across the tundra...
    A little box of do dads and what nots to finish the build showed up.
    And with a mix of what's hanging around here:
    A Fox F29 100 G2 Pushed
    Cane Creek h/s
    Xt frnt and rear derlrs and shifters
    Easton EC90 0 setback post
    Selle Italia SLR
    Avid Juicy 7 with ti and alum bolts160/140
    Going to have to experiment with cranks and rings ...I like 26/36...we'll see what fits.
    Have to play with stems and bars
    Assorted wheel/tire combos...probably have Nokian studs for a while

Hope it ends up fairly light

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    So...while I wait for my box o' Yelli to trudge it's way across the tundra...
    A little box of do dads and what nots to finish the build showed up.
    And with a mix of what's hanging around here:
    A Fox F29 100 G2 Pushed
    Cane Creek h/s
    Xt frnt and rear derlrs and shifters
    Easton EC90 0 setback post
    Selle Italia SLR
    Avid Juicy 7 with ti and alum bolts160/140
    Going to have to experiment with cranks and rings ...I like 26/36...we'll see what fits.
    Have to play with stems and bars
    Assorted wheel/tire combos...probably have Nokian studs for a while

Hope it ends up fairly light
    Build pics as you go please!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Build pics as you go please!
    I have 2 hands.
    one is for holding wrenches
    one is for holding beer
    Unless I can train another part of my body to take pics...you are SOL.
    Hope you understand.

WNC Native
    I have 2 hands.
    one is for holding beer
    Hope you understand.
    LOL!
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I have 2 hands.
    one is for holding beer
    Hope you understand.
    Right. But the beer has to empty at some point. You'll need to break for another. I'll let you off the hook with a single finished pic though.

Steel is Real
    Feb 2008
    Just got my XL Yelli frame yesterday. What are all you fellers running for headsets? Specific brands and part numbers would be great! This is my first tapered headtube frame and thus far it's proving more difficult than I initially thought it would to find a suitable HS. I've searched Cane Creek, King, and others, but can't seem to get it nailed down. I really like the Acros (I think the AX-06 is the one), but the availability seems to be severely lacking here in the US.

I'm a big guy @ 6'4" and typically have to run a lot of spacers on top, so a tall top stack height HS is preferrable, while the bottom doesn't matter as much as this thing should be plenty slack enough with a 120mm fork. BTW, I'll be running a 1 1/8 steerer, not tapered.

Many thanks!
    Notch
    "America is all about speed... Hot, nasty, badass speed!!!"
    -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by Notch Johnson
    I'm a big guy @ 6'4" and typically have to run a lot of spacers on top, so a tall top stack height HS is preferrable,

Many thanks!
    Notch
    I believe the top is zero stack 44mm ID standard.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Just got my XL Yelli frame yesterday. What are all you fellers running for headsets? Specific brands and part numbers would be great! This is my first tapered headtube frame and thus far it's proving more difficult than I initially thought it would to find a suitable HS. I've searched Cane Creek, King, and others, but can't seem to get it nailed down. I really like the Acros (I think the AX-06 is the one), but the availability seems to be severely lacking here in the US.

I'm a big guy @ 6'4" and typically have to run a lot of spacers on top, so a tall top stack height HS is preferrable, while the bottom doesn't matter as much as this thing should be plenty slack enough with a 120mm fork. BTW, I'll be running a 1 1/8 steerer, not tapered.

Many thanks!
    Notch
    Read this thread......it has exactly what headset to buy....whether your running a taper steerer or the 1 1/8

mtbr member

Many thanks!
    Notch
    Use the Cane Creek Headset-Fit-Finder.

The upper is 44mm insertion and the lower is 50mm.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    What are all you fellers running for headsets? Specific brands and part numbers would be great!
    Last post page 6.

mtbr member
    This Cane Creek Angleset headset would be fun to play with on the Yelli Screamy.

Steel is Real
    Feb 2008
    Thanks for the info guys. I think I've got it sorted now.

@ car_nut: Not sure how I missed your post with the details, but somehow I did. Guess I need to brush up on my reading comprehension skills.

@OldHouseMan: Yeah, I thought the same thing about that angleset... hmmm.
    "America is all about speed... Hot, nasty, badass speed!!!"
    -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    It's an 8 page thread. It's not too hard to miss something I've missed more obvious things in 1/2 page threads

The White Jeff W
    Gettin' excited. Parts are starting to trickle in. Fork came last week, wheels coming today, frame tomorrow, headset, stem and tires hopefully by the end of the week....
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    is this frame gonna suck for riding uphill for three hours at a time? thinking about a new bike, doing some endurance events, want a fun bike. haven't had a 29er, been riding for 20 years, raced DH, last bike SC Heckler, and crap alu HT....live in MT Rockies. LONG ups, fun downs. I am wondering about the bar height being too high for good climbing position. But it is a HT, so climbing has to be damn good compared to the Heckler. skeptical about 29er, but this frame looks promising.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by El Train
    is this frame gonna suck for riding uphill for three hours at a time? thinking about a new bike, doing some endurance events, want a fun bike. haven't had a 29er, been riding for 20 years, raced DH, last bike SC Heckler, and crap alu HT....live in MT Rockies. LONG ups, fun downs. I am wondering about the bar height being too high for good climbing position. But it is a HT, so climbing has to be damn good compared to the Heckler. skeptical about 29er, but this frame looks promising.
    I think the frame climbs really well, in my opinion you should go for it. The head tube is fairly short so the bars are not too high. The super short chainstays give great traction on the rear tire letting you power through technical sections. Most importantly it is a blast on the down hill so it makes all your climbing efforts worth while.

mtbr member
    here's a review of the YS-
    http://www.29eronline.com/blog/canfi.../#comment-1133

They address the climbing question in the comments-

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cSquared
    here's a review of the YS-
    http://www.29eronline.com/blog/canfi.../#comment-1133

They address the climbing question in the comments-
    Yep, Pretty much jives with my first impressions.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    the more i look at this thread the less i want to wait for a nimble 9! custom is still sitting high on my list........agh the choices...

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Canfield Yelli Screamy

It's still really cool to see 29eronline come up in the forum with out us spamming. Thanks!

As far as the Yelli Screamy climbing. Our trails are pretty much all pedaling. We have mostly short down hills until we can get to the mountains. Snow has been slowing us down.

The Canfield has no problems on anything we have put it in. Steep tight switch backs, no problem ,climbing no problem Slow speed tech Please!

This is the first bike that testers that ride 26ers as their personal bikes are saying that the handling is as fast as a 26er. You still have the advantages of big wheels but the bike pulls up and handles at will.

I sent an email to Chris Canfield and said I am scratching my head as to why more companies are not closer to this bike geometry wise.

The big plus to me is how playful it is and how balanced it is.

I think the down side is that sometimes you forget that you don't have rear suspension and have the rude awakening of going into chatter with reckless abandon and getting in trouble.

So while I cant say a ton as of now, since we have quite a bit more testing to go and getting feedback from other riders etc. The people that have ridden it love it.

As for me I will be watching closely to see if one day...maybe.. we will see the same geometry and attitude in a dual suspension bike. Please.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    There seems to have been a review of the YS in Nov issue of German bike magazine.
    http://www.bike-magazin.de/?p=3672
    Anyone got a copy or seen it?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Finally got mine together.

Hope/Flows/Ardents
    Reba Team 120mm/tapered/maxle
    LX cranks & x7 bits taken from my other bike along with Juicy 5's
    Also sprung for a Reverb as an Xmas present to my knees while going up and my face while going down.

Now I just need to wait for the snow to melt. That seems to be taking a while at 10F
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yelli Screamy  by Canfield ?-yelli1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Ugh. Living vicariously through this thread until UPS drops of my frame this week.
    And seeing we got 2 feet of powder and it was -4 this morning....I have some build time.
    And hoping for a little bit of rain and a big freeze to make the snowmobile trails into mtb luge material.

Car_nut.....nice build.

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by car_nut
    Now I just need to wait for the snow to melt. That seems to be taking a while at 10F
    Nice! Well done.

ride more
    Mar 2007
    Looks good in the snow, I gotta get mine built up soon.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Car_nut. Great looking ride!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

1x9

1X9, swapping to 2X10 to give it a go. May go to 1X10 if the gearing works out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yelli Screamy  by Canfield ?-yelli.jpg  

Last edited by m-dub; 01-29-2011 at 11:10 AM.
    Enjoy every ride!

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    I finally have the tracking #s for my frame and fork! I ordered a new set of wheels too but they won't be here until around Feb. 1st I'll just use my XC wheels until the Semis show up. I'll be sure to post pics sometime next week when I get her all built up

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Jeez. I wonder why no silver or gold frames on here. I figured gold would be the hot color.

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    Mine's silver. Hold yer horses!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Thanks for the kind words guys. I'm really hoping for a quick spring so I can actually use it.

m-dub: Looking good!

the-mayor: I feel your pain. Mine sat in the box for a month between us having our second child and holiday activities.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Jeez. I wonder why no silver or gold frames on here. I figured gold would be the hot color.
    I have a gold that is in UPS' hands....
    just because I didn't see many golds posted

Trophy Husband
    Uhhhh, ahem...**cough**
    Yelli Screamy  by Canfield ?-ys_oblique.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I didn't forget you geolover, but yours is one of maybe two pictured here. Can't say that I've even seen a gold.

Dinner for wolves
    Just got mine Friday...a sight for sore eyes after a long day at work......Aaaaaaaand it's sitting in a box until Springtime.
    Responds to gravity

Trophy Husband
    I didn't forget you geolover, but yours is one of maybe two pictured here. Can't say that I've even seen a gold.
    Actually, I don't think mine looks all that great. I'm a big fan of how some of the black frames are turning out. I originally just threw this bike together from parts I had lying around...trying to spend as little as possible because I had no idea if I liked 29ers or not.

Well, I likey. I likey alot. I'll be throwing some money at it soon to help bling it out and improve some performance.

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    Well, I guess I'll have to post the first "blinged" out silver one

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Actually, I don't think mine looks all that great.
    Don't let your bike hear you say that I think yours looks great. I spent many days lusting over yours until I ordered mine. You just need to take it outside for some better pictures. That moonshine still in the background clashes

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Actually, I don't think mine looks all that great. I'm a big fan of how some of the black frames are turning out. I originally just threw this bike together from parts I had lying around...trying to spend as little as possible because I had no idea if I liked 29ers or not.

Well, I likey. I likey alot. I'll be throwing some money at it soon to help bling it out and improve some performance.
    I actually like the silver and was having a hard time deciding last week but ended up ordering the ano black and it is scheduled to be here Wed.

The White Jeff W

Stay tuned. Waiting for the upper headset

No moss...

mtbr member

Yellin at some gold

Ordered a gold one on Friday. Chris could not have been cooler to deal with and big ups to Canfield Bros for adding in a second derailleur hanger on all of their frames. I went to order one out of habit and Chris let me in on their standard practice. Let the build begin.... pictures will hopefully follow sooner than later.

Dinner for wolves
    Jeffw-13,

Your new avatar kicks the snot out of your old one. In fact, this new avatar occupies the opposite end of the Girlyman-ToughGuy continuum. No offense. Just an observation.
    Responds to gravity

The White Jeff W
    Jeffw-13,

Your new avatar kicks the snot out of your old one. In fact, this new avatar occupies the opposite end of the Girlyman-ToughGuy continuum. No offense. Just an observation.

No offense taken. Love the Canfield headbadge + someone else had the same one I was using before. Always confused the **** outa me when I saw their posts
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Hmmmm....the UPS Tracker says there's one gold Yelli on my porch.
    Butt load of clients lined up today....but canceling appointments for tomorrow because of a pending storm.....maybe some snuggle time tomorrow

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    What's your address? I'll pick it up for you and make sure the contents are okay

Just got off the phone with Canfield and pulled the trigger - should be here by Wednesday!

mtbr member
    Any color requests for next run-
    Sales are kickin- and we are about to reorder soon.

What we are planning is-
    Orange and Wasabi green- and of course more black.

But I want a deep bright Grape ano too-

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Sales are kickin-
    Awesome. Glad to hear it

SON OF A B@$%& I would have loved to get that.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006

What we are planning is-

I would take orange or green. How about raw ?

I'll try to wait for you but if I see a used small for sale I might have to jump on it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

What we are planning is-

NOW you tell me that you're doing orange? Grrrr. Ah well, I'll just have to buy some orange stickers. Do you have orange stickers?

mtbr member

What we are planning is-

I love the root beer ano on the SC Butchers... Definitely bad ass.. You should do a complete soda theme with Grape, Orange and Root Beer. Stay away from Birch Beer since sometimes it is clear, sometimes it is red....too confusing.

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    Raw with a matte clearcoat Raw bikes are bad@$$...

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Orange sounds good to me!

I would be good to get some feedback comparing YS to Nimble 9. I know N9 is a pound heavier and even shorter cs but how does the ride compare??

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Large Wasabi please, although the orange may be faster. Just hoping to get one this go around.

trail rat

What we are planning is-

I'm all over that Grape thang!

Great idea, @mtnbiker1973
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker1973
    You should do a complete soda theme with Grape, Orange and Root Beer.
    "The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

CCCMB trail work for trail access - SLO, CA

mtbr member

What we are planning is-

Since you are talking food colors...How about Blood Orange?

And raw...

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Clink
    Orange sounds good to me!

I would be good to get some feedback comparing YS to Nimble 9. I know N9 is a pound heavier and even shorter cs but how does the ride compare??
    I am curious about this as well i have been wainting a nimble 9 since i heard about it. … also what are the weights for the yelli screamy builds?

Trophy Husband
    I am curious about this as well i have been wainting a nimble 9 since i heard about it. … also what are the weights for the yelli screamy builds?
    Mine came out to 28 pounds (2 pounds lighter than my 26er HT it replaced). Pretty budget build w/ Bonty Rhythm Elites, x9, and a tanker of a fork (Marz 44 TST2).

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    . … also what are the weights for the yelli screamy builds?
    Sorry, I don't own a scale.

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 172