Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 300 of 3016
  1. #201
    mtbr member
    Reputation: naya the dingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    Nice. It really is THAT fun. Seriously.
    +1 Everyone that has ridden mine has really liked it.


    I didn't have any problem standing and climbing, but I do sit and climb typically. Three of my friends that I rode with this past weekend have Bystickels, two of them have shorter chainstays than the Yelli Screamy. All three of those guys can climb up pretty much anything sitting or standing with their short chainstay bikes.

  2. #202
    Dinner for wolves
    Reputation: buddhak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,557
    Quote Originally Posted by cSquared
    I had on a set of Small block 8's on his Demo bike and it was really wet. I bet he had no traction.
    I love the shorter stays- And, I prefer the the Nimble 9 set at about 16.3 SS the best.

    Just wait til you ride one-

    C2

    The loins are a-tinglin'
    Responds to gravity

  3. #203
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    983
    I had on a set of Small block 8's on his Demo bike and it was really wet. I bet he had no traction.
    I love the shorter stays- And, I prefer the the Nimble 9 set at about 16.3 SS the best.

    Just wait til you ride one-
    Any news on the Nimble 9?

  4. #204
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wobbem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    573
    Can you lot post please some clear sharp pics so I can store them for my bike porn use.
    Ps Canfield's site info is a bit s*ite don't you think?

  5. #205
    mtbr member
    Reputation: naya the dingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by TIGMAN
    Does the 2.4 Ardent clear good in the rear w no interference with the FD or chain in the granny gears ? TIG.

    Ardent 2.4s on a narrow 19mm internal width rim, still plenty of room with a wide rim.


  6. #206
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OldHouseMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,628
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhak
    OHM, can you elaborate on this? I was just thinking how the long TT and short chainstays might contribute to decent performance when standing & climbing. I remember 13 years ago learning to purposefully pull up on my bars while pushing on the cranks to get the most climbing traction out of the semi-slick mtb tires on my old Performance HT. Those tires were a bad idea in so many ways, but I digress. The point is, I felt like I was levering the rear end into dirt around the bottom bracket. In my mind it seemed like there would be a sweet spot for chainstay length while doing this: too long and you loose mechanical advantage, too short and it is wheelies when you need them the least. In any case, my Karate Monkey SS, with its 17" chainstays (give or take a half inch - my rear wheel is in mid position), seems to strike a decent balance. Although that distinct levering feeling is hard to detect now - the Performance definitely had longer stays. I wonder if the Canfield crosses over into being too short for standing & climbing? I realize my reminiscing about an old bike is not very interesting, but some more adjectives and observations about climbing on the Yelli certainly would be. Hook us up, yo!
    I think it may be more that I'm accustom to standing and grinding on my rigid SS, so it's probably more of a technique thing and me getting familiar with the different geometry on the Canfield, but it did feel different than my Niner Sir9.

    It's was a very, very small complaint and definitely not a deal breaker.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

  7. #207
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    27

    does it accelerate any quicker?

    Just curious for those who have ridden the yelli...have you noticed if the short stays make it any quicker to spin the wheels up to speed? I find my 29er a little sluggish but I think something like the nimble 9 might solve the handling issues that I don't like about my current ride.

  8. #208
    Dinner for wolves
    Reputation: buddhak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,557
    Quote Originally Posted by MPK2
    Just curious for those who have ridden the yelli...have you noticed if the short stays make it any quicker to spin the wheels up to speed? I find my 29er a little sluggish but I think something like the nimble 9 might solve the handling issues that I don't like about my current ride.
    Haven't ridden the Yelli, but rear wheel acceleration is going to be a function of gearing, wheel specs, and crank arm length. Chainstay length does not enter the equation. But we all know that stiff shiny new bikes certainly feel faster.
    Responds to gravity

  9. #209
    On wuss patrol
    Reputation: Glide the Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,908
    OHM,

    It was cool that Chris made it by our neck of the country, great meeting him and doing a little xc with him considering he almost needs a pilot's license for a lot of the riding he does. Nice guy building some sick stuff.

    I was impressed with the Yellis and how compact they were for 29ers...great for the stuff we were riding. With your build, I would guess you are going to lighten things some from the demo setup and go with SS? Rigid fork? I'll be interested to see how it comes out.
    Sometimes, you need to go fast enough that the trail is a blur to find clarity. -- Wild Bill

  10. #210
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    27
    Waited too long for ride reports. Now their out of the frame my size, small. Chris said he don't know when he'll get them back in stock. Maybe till the rest of the stock is low enough to order another batch overseas. Can't wait to have one.

  11. #211
    beater
    Reputation: evasive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,896
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbem
    Can you lot post please some clear sharp pics so I can store them for my bike porn use.
    Ps Canfield's site info is a bit s*ite don't you think?
    Ditto

  12. #212
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,743
    Quote Originally Posted by redster0229
    Waited too long for ride reports. Now their out of the frame my size, small. Chris said he don't know when he'll get them back in stock. Maybe till the rest of the stock is low enough to order another batch overseas. Can't wait to have one.
    That's too bad I was planning on waiting until spring to pick mine up, but you just prompted me to have it under the Christmas tree. So, that's one more frame closer to them making another run for you.

  13. #213
    mtbr member
    Reputation: naya the dingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by redster0229
    Waited too long for ride reports. Now their out of the frame my size, small. Chris said he don't know when he'll get them back in stock. Maybe till the rest of the stock is low enough to order another batch overseas. Can't wait to have one.
    That sucks, but it'll be worth the wait!

  14. #214
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OldHouseMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Malibu412
    OHM,

    It was cool that Chris made it by our neck of the country, great meeting him and doing a little xc with him considering he almost needs a pilot's license for a lot of the riding he does. Nice guy building some sick stuff.

    I was impressed with the Yellis and how compact they were for 29ers...great for the stuff we were riding. With your build, I would guess you are going to lighten things some from the demo setup and go with SS? Rigid fork? I'll be interested to see how it comes out.
    It was pretty cool that Chris came up, still impressed that he met us at 7:30 on a day that was forecasted to be pretty wet and cold, to do an Xc ride no less.

    I'm going with a 1X9 over the SS and will build it with either the Fox Talas or Rock Shox Reba in the 120mm flavor. Just have to decide if I want to fork out (pun intended) the extra dough for the Talas over the Reba.

    And something else I noticed about the Yelli Screamy. It seemed like I could track stand this bike for as long as I pleased. Not sure why, but it sure felt balanced.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

  15. #215
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,211
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan
    It was pretty cool that Chris came up, still impressed that he met us at 7:30 on a day that was forecasted to be pretty wet and cold, to do an Xc ride no less.

    I'm going with a 1X9 over the SS and will build it with either the Fox Talas or Rock Shox Reba in the 120mm flavor. Just have to decide if I want to fork out (pun intended) the extra dough for the Talas over the Reba.

    And something else I noticed about the Yelli Screamy. It seemed like I could track stand this bike for as long as I pleased. Not sure why, but it sure felt balanced.
    What crank and what toothed chainring are you going to run? I'm considering this route too. I'm also thinking about going with a 30t chainring, but am unclear whether a 94/58 crank will work with the tight spaces on the Yelli.

  16. #216
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OldHouseMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,628
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestatevirgin
    What crank and what toothed chainring are you going to run? I'm considering this route too. I'm also thinking about going with a 30t chainring, but am unclear whether a 94/58 crank will work with the tight spaces on the Yelli.
    I have a set of MRP Camber cranks with a 32T ring, will be using a 11-34 in the rear.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

  17. #217
    MTB B'dos
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    21,489
    Was wondering what fork you were going to go with, if it's any help, on my Paradox I have absolutely no issues climbing with the 120 Minute it has on, none what so ever, no matter how steep - In case that's what you were worried about. Heck if you want to save some coin you could get hold of a 2010 Minute quite cheap - that is IF you didn't want the tapered steerer.

    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan
    It was pretty cool that Chris came up, still impressed that he met us at 7:30 on a day that was forecasted to be pretty wet and cold, to do an Xc ride no less.

    I'm going with a 1X9 over the SS and will build it with either the Fox Talas or Rock Shox Reba in the 120mm flavor. Just have to decide if I want to fork out (pun intended) the extra dough for the Talas over the Reba.

    And something else I noticed about the Yelli Screamy. It seemed like I could track stand this bike for as long as I pleased. Not sure why, but it sure felt balanced.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

  18. #218
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OldHouseMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,628
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    Was wondering what fork you were going to go with, if it's any help, on my Paradox I have absolutely no issues climbing with the 120 Minute it has on, none what so ever, no matter how steep - In case that's what you were worried about. Heck if you want to save some coin you could get hold of a 2010 Minute quite cheap - that is IF you didn't want the tapered steerer.
    The Fox Talas is on my radar but it's a little to spendy for my taste and in the past when I get the most fiddly stuff, I never use them.

    I would like to try a tapered fork since the headtube on the Yelli Screamy is tapered but I do have a brand new White Brothers Fluid 110 sitting around not being used. I am trying to sell it but if it doesn't sell by the time I gather all the parts, I'll throw it on.

    I need to look at the Minute a little more, never considered it.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

  19. #219
    MTB B'dos
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    21,489
    Why spend money when you already have a fork there to use. Use the WB for the time being and hold out and wait on the new offerings soon to be coming - I know Manitou is doing a tapered Minute, maybe 140mm and there's rumors all down the pipeline of other stuff to come. For me the Minute was a no brainer, picked it up when Jenson was blowing them out in '08 and it has been fantastic, only thing I'd like for it is the Absolute+ damper - only have the Absolute right now. For me 120mm is where it's at since at the end of a ride I normally see I've used up all my travel, but don't think 10mm would kill, only thing that might effect it is offset.

    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan
    The Fox Talas is on my radar but it's a little to spendy for my taste and in the past when I get the most fiddly stuff, I never use them.

    I would like to try a tapered fork since the headtube on the Yelli Screamy is tapered but I do have a brand new White Brothers Fluid 110 sitting around not being used. I am trying to sell it but if it doesn't sell by the time I gather all the parts, I'll throw it on.

    I need to look at the Minute a little more, never considered it.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

  20. #220
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    27
    YEah, I know it will be worth the wait.

  21. #221
    mtbr member
    Reputation: savo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    779
    Uhm, I'm into assembling my new Yelli, but I've a problem with the chainset: I've a Race Face Deus and I'm going to put on a single ring 32t. well this 32t ring (I've a SS ring, but regular one has same problem) in middle position touches the chainstay... aren't you using 32t middle ring? or does the Deus have a narrower chain line?
    Last edited by savo; 12-02-2010 at 07:19 AM.

  22. #222
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,743
    There's a video on youtube with them discussing this. It is designed for a 50-51mm chainline while keeping the gap between the ring and chainstay small enough to prevent chain suck. I'm not familiar with the Deus, but do you have all the necessary spacers for install? It uses a 73mm BB shell so you would typically need one spacer on the drive side only.

  23. #223
    mtbr member
    Reputation: savo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    779
    Found the data sheet for the deus, it has nominally a 50mm chain line, but it should be possible to arrange spindle spacers to have a 51mm chain line. I'll try this, hoping it's enough, but I'm not so positive. Of course for bb cups one spacer on the drive side only.

    Quote Originally Posted by car_nut
    There's a video on youtube with them discussing this. It is designed for a 50-51mm chainline while keeping the gap between the ring and chainstay small enough to prevent chain suck. I'm not familiar with the Deus, but do you have all the necessary spacers for install? It uses a 73mm BB shell so you would typically need one spacer on the drive side only.

  24. #224
    mtbr member
    Reputation: savo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by savo
    Found the data sheet for the deus, it has nominally a 50mm chain line, but it should be possible to arrange spindle spacers to have a 51mm chain line.
    Right! my spindle spacers was set for a 49mm chain line (done for my previous bike and forgot), now I swapped to a 51mm and it works, also with the SS chainring, wich has longer teeth. perfect.

  25. #225
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,743
    Glad it worked for you.

    On a personal note, Brown Santa is on his way with mine. Black frame, white Flows w/blue Hopes. I've also got a newborn in the house, so it's all going to be garage art until spring.

  26. #226
    mtbr member
    Reputation: savo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    779
    thanks car_nut
    Mine is black frame, duc32 fork, silver p35 rims and silver parts. will be ready in a few days. i'll post pics when finished.

  27. #227
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,743
    Can't wait to see the pics. This thread needs more bike porn.

  28. #228
    Dinner for wolves
    Reputation: buddhak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,557
    If you boys snap up all the Lg black frames before xmas, I am gonna be
    way pissed.
    Last edited by buddhak; 12-02-2010 at 07:52 PM.
    Responds to gravity

  29. #229
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,743
    Sorry man. I was originally going to wait until spring to pick mine up, but seeing the small sold out got me motivated.

  30. #230
    mtbr member
    Reputation: savo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    779

    My new Yelli Screamy

    Here it is!
    First pics just out of the door, no trail riding yet, so no riding impressions.
    Looks wonderful to me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yelli Screamy  by Canfield ?-p1000992.jpg  

    Yelli Screamy  by Canfield ?-p1000995.jpg  

    Yelli Screamy  by Canfield ?-p1000990.jpg  

    Yelli Screamy  by Canfield ?-p1000997.jpg  


  31. #231
    local trails rider
    Reputation: perttime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    12,228
    Those Maverick forks look good. The only thing is: you need the weird 24/7 hubs.

    Does it limit turning?

    "it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

  32. #232
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,743
    Quote Originally Posted by savo
    Looks wonderful to me.
    And you'd be correct! That looks fantastic.

    Can you tell me a bit about that fork? I've never heard of it but it looks great.

  33. #233
    mtbr member
    Reputation: savo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by perttime
    Those Maverick forks look good. The only thing is: you need the weird 24/7 hubs.
    I think maverick hub to be a great hub, long and wide axle and wide flange. Very nice as I can see.
    Quote Originally Posted by perttime
    Does it limit turning?
    When riding, not at all. Maybe, together with the large bar (760mm), a bit limiting when handling the bike by hand, i.e. inside the garage

  34. #234
    mtbr member
    Reputation: savo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by car_nut
    Can you tell me a bit about that fork? I've never heard of it but it looks great.
    DUC32 fork is no more produced as i know (Maverick is working on a carbon DUC36). it's a 6'' 26er upside down fork, converted to a 4.5'' 29er one. I've never seriously ridden it yet, so no riding impressions, it's the first time i've it on a bike.

  35. #235
    MTB B'dos
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    21,489

    Good job!

    Looks sweet love how the fork matches the frame so well - love matte finishes for bikes, unless it's Candie Apple RED Did you get the DUC speaially painted or did it come that matte black? Never thought about the dual crown limiting turning, but I guess it would/could, although I personally can't really balance my bike if the bars are turned much more than 45 degrees. Waiting for ride impressions. Sweet tyre combo too, it's what I'd run if the rain would ever ease off for more than a couple days at a time, currently have Michelin XC A/T out back to help with the mud, but Rampy upfront and loving it. 2.25" Ardent right?

    Quote Originally Posted by savo
    Here it is!
    First pics just out of the door, no trail riding yet, so no riding impressions.
    Looks wonderful to me.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

  36. #236
    T , V , & K Rider
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,342
    Nice.......hey savo , what pedals are you using ? They look super thin and are they grippy & comfortable during long rides ? Thanks ! TIG.
    " A way to a deep freedom " - Tarja

  37. #237
    In FTF We Trust
    Reputation: el-cid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,819
    Quote Originally Posted by TIGMAN
    Nice.......hey savo , what pedals are you using ? They look super thin and are they grippy & comfortable during long rides ? Thanks ! TIG.
    They lool like Canfield's own Crampon pedals. Seems like they got pretty positive reviews; they are nice and thin.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I'll disintegrate over time if I expect my body to try to keep up with my mind" -BM

    Race, Rocks or Road...Just Ride

  38. #238
    local trails rider
    Reputation: perttime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    12,228
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    Never thought about the dual crown limiting turning, but I guess it would/could, although I personally can't really balance my bike if the bars are turned much more than 45 degrees.
    I have no first hand experience but recall someone mentioning it in connection with some DC fork with some DH/FR frame.

    I think thin pedals like the crampons have a couple of things going for them:
    - they get the rider a few mm closer to the ground, for lower center of gravity
    - they give a few mm more ground clearance between pedal and the rocks

    "it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

  39. #239
    mtbr member
    Reputation: savo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    Did you get the DUC speaially painted or did it come that matte black?
    It come that matte black, and it's exactly the same anodized finish as the frame's. That's very nice even thinking I got this fork month before I ever decided to buy this frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    Never thought about the dual crown limiting turning, but I guess it would/could, although I personally can't really balance my bike if the bars are turned much more than 45 degrees.
    It'n not limiting at all: you can turn the bars up to - i guess, not measured - 75-80 degs
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    Waiting for ride impressions. Sweet tyre combo too, it's what I'd run if the rain would ever ease off for more than a couple days at a time, currently have Michelin XC A/T out back to help with the mud, but Rampy upfront and loving it. 2.25" Ardent right?
    Yes 2.25'' Ardent for the post.
    I can't wait for riding too, but won't be tomorrow, unfortunatly.
    Last edited by savo; 12-06-2010 at 09:38 AM.

  40. #240
    mtbr member
    Reputation: savo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    779
    Yes pedals are Canfield's Crampon. very nice and thin, I hope they're as good for riding as they look.

  41. #241
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wobbem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    573
    Can you tell me what the wheel base is with the 100mm and 120mm forks?
    Much obliged.

  42. #242
    Dinner for wolves
    Reputation: buddhak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,557
    Damn Savo,

    How tall are you?

    DIY grips in the accenting blue are a nice touch. Velocity p35 rims? Can't wait to hear how it rides. Bravo.
    Responds to gravity

  43. #243
    mtbr member
    Reputation: savo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhak
    Damn Savo,

    How tall are you?

    DIY grips in the accenting blue are a nice touch. Velocity p35 rims? Can't wait to hear how it rides. Bravo.
    Tall but not so tall, actually: I'm 187cm (6'2'), frame is an XL and I know here I can find people who could try to convince me that the correct size would have been an M. But I feel great on long top tube.
    Yes they are P35, very wide indeed!
    Thanks buddhak

  44. #244
    MTB B'dos
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    21,489
    Same height, don't give me an ETT shorter than 25"

    Quote Originally Posted by savo
    Tall but not so tall, actually: I'm 187cm (6'2'), frame is an XL and I know here I can find people who could try to convince me that the correct size would have been an M. But I feel great on long top tube.
    Yes they are P35, very wide indeed!
    Thanks buddhak
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

  45. #245
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,743
    Brown Santa stopped by with a little xmas cheer. The quality of the frame looks fantastic and it was covered in literally 15lbs of packing material. I should have a ride report in April
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yelli Screamy  by Canfield ?-yelli2.jpg  


  46. #246
    puts the FU in fun
    Reputation: CuzinMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    114
    Doesn't look like a whole lot of people have checked out the video the Brothers shot for this bike over in Youtube-land.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu_xxwKlplU

    I really think this will be my next frame...

  47. #247
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,743
    No, I already saw it. I still bought one in spite of their dancing

  48. #248
    Canfield Brothers
    Reputation: flymybike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,102
    Glad I had nothing to do with that one. HAHA My style of riding but your right about that dancing, I'm more of a hold the wall up kinda guy.

  49. #249
    Steel is Real
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    93
    Sweet ride you got there Savo! Sent you a PM with some Q's
    "America is all about speed... Hot, nasty, badass speed!!!"
    -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936

  50. #250
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    237
    Hopefully they have a few black mediums left as I have to wait a week to get mine. Can't wait!

  51. #251
    trail rat
    Reputation: slocaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Notch Johnson
    Sweet ride you got there Savo! Sent you a PM with some Q's
    Please post the questions and answers here for all to see, that would be helpful for everyone interested in this bike.

    Unless, of course, they are personal, intimate questions that we would not want to know.....
    "The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

    CCCMB trail work for trail access - SLO, CA

  52. #252
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cSquared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by slocaus
    Please post the questions and answers here for all to see, that would be helpful for everyone interested in this bike.

    Unless, of course, they are personal, intimate questions that we would not want to know.....
    He wanted to know about Nimble 9 production- price and release date.

    So- March or so-
    600- retail
    and black, blue, green.

    We are going to releasing the frames for pre-order on the webstore around the first of the year.
    Only 100 available.

    C2

  53. #253
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by cSquared
    He wanted to know about Nimble 9 production- price and release date.

    So- March or so-
    600- retail
    and black, blue, green.

    We are going to releasing the frames for pre-order on the webstore around the first of the year.
    Only 100 available.

    C2
    Just curious, how many black medium Yelli's are left in stock at the moment? I am in the process of selling some parts to afford this frame, but it might be a couple weeks. Thanks!

  54. #254
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    983
    Quote Originally Posted by cSquared
    He wanted to know about Nimble 9 production- price and release date.

    So- March or so-
    600- retail
    and black, blue, green.

    We are going to releasing the frames for pre-order on the webstore around the first of the year.
    Only 100 available.

    C2
    It would be geat if you could sort a decent pre-order price with Si at progressive bikes in the UK - tax going up in UK in January and we'll be hit hard.

  55. #255
    West Chester, PA
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,032
    Quote Originally Posted by CuzinMike
    Doesn't look like a whole lot of people have checked out the video the Brothers shot for this bike over in Youtube-land.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu_xxwKlplU

    I really think this will be my next frame...
    That little manual at the 25 second mark pretty much convinces me that I need this frame. Problem is I farted around too long and the smalls are sold out.

  56. #256
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cSquared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Clink
    It would be geat if you could sort a decent pre-order price with Si at progressive bikes in the UK - tax going up in UK in January and we'll be hit hard.
    I just email Si about frames. Last I talked to him, he's inventory got robbed.

  57. #257
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    983
    Quote Originally Posted by cSquared
    I just email Si about frames. Last I talked to him, he's inventory got robbed.
    He certainly got some stuff nicked

    Si runs a good setup - very good customer service. Estimate on UK price for N9 would be good.

  58. #258
    Dinner for wolves
    Reputation: buddhak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,557
    B-B-B-B-Bump

    Question to cSquared: I was sifting over the Nimble 9 threads and I got curious. Now that you have settled on a builder, and on a specific slider type, care to leak some details about the custom sliders? Pictures? Words? Anything, for fooks sake, I'm like a diabetic in the desert!
    Responds to gravity

  59. #259
    West Chester, PA
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,032
    nevermind
    Last edited by 92gli; 12-15-2010 at 12:58 PM.

  60. #260
    Canfield Brothers
    Reputation: flymybike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,102

    Meeting today

    Yes it's true. There in production.

    The bike you've seen is what we are doing. The only changes from the picure here are:

    1. the down tube will be straight at the head tube (with clearance for your forks) and a gusset on the bottom. We found during testing that the bend really does add more flex.

    2. The routing under the top tube will be like the Yelli Screamy with three single routers for a clean "bundle" routing (all zip tie together of one router).

    We will be doing black, any requests for other colors?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yelli Screamy  by Canfield ?-hi-res-grey.jpg  


  61. #261
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    983
    Something bright - blue or green?

  62. #262
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jncarpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,819
    Price?
    ISCG?


  63. #263
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cSquared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    280
    We are doing both green and blue- along with the black.
    Retail is 600
    an no ISCG- the stays are too short for the Hammer backer plate to fit.

  64. #264
    Canfield Brothers
    Reputation: flymybike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,102
    If you need a guide these are a couple great ones. Just ones that come to mind in 30 sec or less.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  65. #265
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    237
    I just mounted a BB mount Lopes MRP guide on my new Yelli and it fits perfectly. I prefer it as it only weighs a little more than the 1.X but keeps the chain slap down and helps keep the chain on in rough sections of trail. Cool thing about a single ring set up is it drops about 3/4 lb. off your bike.

  66. #266
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    165
    What's the standover height on the Nimble-9 medium?

  67. #267
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cSquared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    280
    Standover on the medium is 418mm above the BB-

  68. #268
    errr...
    Reputation: chase1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    310
    Pictures of the blue & green would be great. Wondering what shades..

  69. #269
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cSquared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by chase1963
    Pictures of the blue & green would be great. Wondering what shades..
    No pics of the blue and green yet- since there is no frames built yet.
    Both shades are on the light side-

  70. #270
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,478
    I'm getting the hots for a Yelli Screamy.

    Anyone know if a XX crank with 26/39 rings will fit in those stays?
    And sizing...I'm 6' with a 36" inseam...usually ride a bike with a 24" top tube with regular Xc geo...not used to the slacker angles. Ideas?

  71. #271
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by the mayor
    I'm getting the hots for a Yelli Screamy.

    Anyone know if a XX crank with 26/39 rings will fit in those stays?
    And sizing...I'm 6' with a 36" inseam...usually ride a bike with a 24" top tube with regular Xc geo...not used to the slacker angles. Ideas?
    I had to use an extra spacer for a 22/36 XT setup and it's pretty close.

  72. #272
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,478
    Quote Originally Posted by slowlane
    I had to use an extra spacer for a 22/36 XT setup and it's pretty close.
    Thanks....
    Do you think there's enough room in there for a 26 with the extra spacer?

    hmmmm, this could be a deal breaker. I really don't use anything lower than a 26 small ring....and use a 36 or 38 big ring in the middle position.

  73. #273
    Canfield Brothers
    Reputation: flymybike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,102
    I have a XX in my model but haven't been able to verify the actual fit with a real crank set yet. It shows a 26 fitting and a 28 fitting but really tight. The big ring shows it fitting up to a 44 tooth so it should be no problem. It's set at the manufacture spec.

  74. #274
    Canfield Brothers
    Reputation: flymybike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,102
    Quote Originally Posted by slowlane
    I had to use an extra spacer for a 22/36 XT setup and it's pretty close.
    XT spec is with a spacer on the drive side, and yea it's close but that prevents chain suck. Thats how it should be, 5mm of space or more and you jam your chain between the yoke and rings.

  75. #275
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 7HVN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    300
    ETA for the new batch of small Yelli Screamy's?

    Please, oh please, make some more smalls! I need a new long distance endurance HT.

    Thx

    PS Can y'all make some greens.
    Last edited by 7HVN; 12-22-2010 at 09:57 AM.

  76. #276
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cSquared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    280
    We are thinking of a green-(light like Wasabi) and orange anodize for the next run.
    Not sure when it will be ordered though-
    Just waiting on the funds to free up to do the next run.
    Should be around May to June for the next batch.

  77. #277
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by cSquared
    We are thinking of a green-(light like Wasabi) and orange anodize for the next run.
    Not sure when it will be ordered though-
    Just waiting on the funds to free up to do the next run.
    Should be around May to June for the next batch.
    A WASABI would be awesome....
    my only issue is i dont know whether i should wait for the nimble or yelli..

  78. #278
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,743
    I can certainly understand where you might not want to answer this from a strategic point of view, but how has the Yelli turned out for you guys from a business point of view? This is certainly a new area of the market that you guys are targeting being both a 29er and a HT(have you guys ever done a HT?). I'm hoping it's been beyond your expectations and that we'll continue to see HT's being part of your line up.

  79. #279
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,478
    Quote Originally Posted by cSquared
    We are thinking of a green-(light like Wasabi) and orange anodize for the next run.
    Not sure when it will be ordered though-
    Just waiting on the funds to free up to do the next run.
    Should be around May to June for the next batch.
    Orange????
    I want.
    You guys are killing me.

  80. #280
    West Chester, PA
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,032
    Quote Originally Posted by cSquared
    Should be around May to June for the next batch.
    Whhhaaaaatttt ? Damn, I screwed up. If anybody with a small wants to sell hit me up.

  81. #281
    West Chester, PA
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,032
    Quote Originally Posted by cSquared
    We are thinking of a green-(light like Wasabi) and orange anodize for the next run.
    Not sure when it will be ordered though-
    Just waiting on the funds to free up to do the next run.
    Should be around May to June for the next batch.
    You guys have any demo frames you want to sell ?

  82. #282
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cSquared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli
    You guys have any demo frames you want to sell ?
    Yes- but not in small-
    We are always looking to off the demo's- just to keep the demo's looking fresh.
    So if anyones looking- I have a black med, gold large, and silver med and XL-

    Always nice to sell off the demo frames and replace them with a new ones.


    The YS have been killer for us. HT's will be in the line up forever!
    c2

  83. #283
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by cSquared
    Yes- but not in small-
    We are always looking to off the demo's- just to keep the demo's looking fresh.
    So if anyones looking- I have a black med, gold large, and silver med and XL-

    Always nice to sell off the demo frames and replace them with a new ones.


    The YS have been killer for us. HT's will be in the line up forever!
    c2

    could you message me the price for the med demo frame?

  84. #284
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    983
    Same here - send me price for med demo?

  85. #285
    The White Jeff W
    Reputation: jeffw-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,379
    Quote Originally Posted by cSquared
    Yes- but not in small-
    We are always looking to off the demo's- just to keep the demo's looking fresh.
    So if anyones looking- I have a black med, gold large, and silver med and XL-

    Always nice to sell off the demo frames and replace them with a new ones.


    The YS have been killer for us. HT's will be in the line up forever!
    c2

    PM'd you about the XL. I could probably make a large work too.
    No moss...

  86. #286
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cSquared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffw-13
    PM'd you about the XL. I could probably make a large work too.
    How tall are you?

  87. #287
    The White Jeff W
    Reputation: jeffw-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,379
    Quote Originally Posted by cSquared
    How tall are you?

    6'3" (all legs) I usually get a frame with around a 24.5 ett for the shorter wheelbase but have to stretch it out with a set back seat post & 100mm stem. Im thinking the XL Yelli with a shorter stem and/or regular seatpost will be money.
    No moss...

  88. #288
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,876
    i'm definitely interested in the Gold Large demo frame. PM sent.
    Originally posted by bucksaw87
    I still fail to see how mustaches, fixies, and PBR are ironic.

  89. #289
    mtbr member
    Reputation: naya the dingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffw-13
    6'3" (all legs) I usually get a frame with around a 24.5 ett for the shorter wheelbase but have to stretch it out with a set back seat post & 100mm stem. Im thinking the XL Yelli with a shorter stem and/or regular seatpost will be money.

    Fit is so personal. I'm 6'3" with a short 32" inseam, and I have a large YS with a 50mm stem and 711mm wide 38mm rise bar. I think the fact that my torso is so long, that I'm able to get the weight over the front end when I need to. If I'm on a bike with a stretched out cockpit, I feel like I have way too much weight on the front end. My wrists will also let me know, haha. Just sort of rambling out loud here.

  90. #290
    The White Jeff W
    Reputation: jeffw-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,379
    Quote Originally Posted by naya the dingo
    Fit is so personal. I'm 6'3" with a short 32" inseam,
    I have a 35" inseam. My son is 6' 6" & we wear the same size pants
    No moss...

  91. #291
    Missouri sucks...
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,306
    Woohoo! I got dibs on the silver/med demo frame

    Question: have any of you YS owners run an 80mm fork yet??? That's what I currently have so it'll have to do for a few months until I can secure a proper fork for this bike. Just curious how it rides if anyone has done it.

    Another question: What headset are you guys running?

  92. #292
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,876
    Quote Originally Posted by DFYFZX
    Woohoo! I got dibs on the silver/med demo frame
    ..and the size L gold ano is taken.
    Originally posted by bucksaw87
    I still fail to see how mustaches, fixies, and PBR are ironic.

  93. #293
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,743
    Quote Originally Posted by DFYFZX
    Another question: What headset are you guys running?
    Cane Creek's a'la carte: ZS top and 1.5" bottom

  94. #294
    Missouri sucks...
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,306
    Quote Originally Posted by car_nut
    Cane Creek's a'la carte: ZS top and 1.5" bottom
    Thanks! I know NOTHING about headsets so the recommendation is appreciated

  95. #295
    Canfield Brothers
    Reputation: flymybike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,102
    The headset is a 44mm upper and a 50mm lower cup.

    The YS rides nice with a 80mm fork, the things to note are the headangle will be 70deg. The BB will be low at 70mm drop so running a short crank is recommended. With 175 cranks I touch the ground quite a bit, especially in turns. 170's are ok, I'd run a 165 crank with our Crampon pedals for the best clearance.

  96. #296
    Powered by ice cream.
    Reputation: Enel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,309
    Quote Originally Posted by DFYFZX
    Question: have any of you YS owners run an 80mm fork yet??? That's what I currently have so it'll have to do for a few months until I can secure a proper fork for this bike. Just curious how it rides if anyone has done it.
    It will ride fine, especially if that is what you are used to. What frame are you coming from?
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhak
    And I thought I had a bike obsession. You are at once tragic and awesome.

  97. #297
    Missouri sucks...
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,306
    I'm riding a L Motobecane Fly Ti right now and have felt since day one that it's slightly too big and too racy. I'm a simple trail rider that goes out for fun. I wasn't planning on a new frame anytime soon but I messaged Mr. cSquared about the price of a demo frame and it was too good to pass up I should be able to sell my Ti frame and Masterpiece post to fund the YS quite easily

    Right now my Fly should be around a 71 degree head angle and the YS will be 70 with the same fork. When the budget allows, I plan to upgrade to a Fox/RockShox/White Brothers fork with 100mm travel, tapered steerer and thru axle. For now, the Magic80 will have to do...

  98. #298
    The White Jeff W
    Reputation: jeffw-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,379
    Quote Originally Posted by frorider
    ..and the size L gold ano is taken.

    And the silver XL
    No moss...

  99. #299
    Missouri sucks...
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,306
    Quote Originally Posted by flymybike
    The headset is a 44mm upper and a 50mm lower cup.

    The YS rides nice with a 80mm fork, the things to note are the headangle will be 70deg. The BB will be low at 70mm drop so running a short crank is recommended. With 175 cranks I touch the ground quite a bit, especially in turns. 170's are ok, I'd run a 165 crank with our Crampon pedals for the best clearance.
    I figured that pedal strikes would be common. I have a set of narrow pedals, sorry, not yours , but I will have to be conscious of my 175mm crank arms until I get a more fitting fork

  100. #300
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,743
    You might want to check that fork. It probably has a spacer in there that can be removed to give you 100mm. Or, if it's like my bikedirect bike, it never had it installed and you're already at 100mm.

    For headsets, Cane Creek offers the uppers and lowers separate which makes life easier for the tapered head tubes.
    The top bearing is a 1-1/8" Zero Stack spec(ZS-3): http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/211...t-Assembly.htm

    The bottom of the head tube is a 1.5" Traditional spec. You then choose the bearing based on a 1.5" or 1-1/8" steerer. If you're fitting your Reba, you'll need a XXc II Bottom Assembly (HSS2420K): http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/211...t-Assembly.htm

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 173

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •