Page 20 of 112 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 70 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by DFYFZX
    I think a TA is a MUST for this bike Go big or go home!

Canfield Brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by whydomylegshurt?
    Actually, increasing the fork offset will speed up the handling, not slow it down.
    That's right.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by whydomylegshurt?
    Actually, increasing the fork offset will speed up the handling, not slow it down.
    Or...it might not be noticeable at all.
    I have tried the regular F29 and a G2 F29 on several bikes......it's a little....and I mean VERY little different.You will notice a bigger difference in a change in air pressure/sag than the off set.

The White Jeff W
    Go big or go home!
    Going along with your theme...2.4 Spec Purgatory on Flows. Unfortunately this is the extent of what I got done so far this weekend.

No moss...

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    I'm going to run Semis and Ardent 2.4 Gonna try a Bontrager FR3 out front for a while first.

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffw-13
    Going along with your theme...2.4 Spec Purgatory on Flows. Unfortunately this is the extent of what I got done so far this weekend.

Did you mount that tubeless? How'd it mount up??? Easy-peasy?
    Extreme stationary biker.

The White Jeff W
    Im ashamed to say I stuck a tube in there for now. Too cold out in the garage to mess with sealant and too messy to bring it in the house. The Purgatory is "tubeless ready" and was a ***** to stretch over the rim so I'm guessing it will work fine tubeless when I'm ready to go there.
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Buddhak - here's what the flush mount (XXc II Flush) looks like. I had a b**** of a time getting the cups to go in straight with my home-made headset press. No issues with clearance and I like the way the bike handles thus far. I've only gone around my block, but so far I'm in love with the handling. Hope to get a ride in when the weather makes up its mind (dry up or freeze up - this mud is driving me nuts!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yelli Screamy  by Canfield ?-2011-01-22-16.53.29.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffw-13
    Im ashamed to say I stuck a tube in there for now. Too cold out in the garage to mess with sealant and too messy to bring it in the house. The Purgatory is "tubeless ready" and was a ***** to stretch over the rim so I'm guessing it will work fine tubeless when I'm ready to go there.
    If you wanna give it a try the control casing tires should air up with a floor pump and hold pressure without sealant. Push down on the tire in the area of the valve stem during the first few pumps.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by alexkraemer
    Buddhak - here's what the flush mount (XXc II Flush) looks like.......
    You had the camera out and posted pic's but none of the whole bike? Come on man, show the goods!

The White Jeff W
    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli
    If you wanna give it a try the control casing tires should air up with a floor pump and hold pressure without sealant. Push down on the tire in the area of the valve stem during the first few pumps.

Thanks I might give it a go.
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    i didn't want to get busted by the seatpost, hose length, or cable routing police! I'll have pics after the first ride next week.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    i didn't want to get busted by the seatpost, hose length, or cable routing police! I'll have pics after the first ride next week.
    Don't forget the "rimstickers aren't aligned with the tyre"-police....

The White Jeff W
    Quote Originally Posted by Gepruts
    Don't forget the "rimstickers aren't aligned with the tyre"-police....

*raises hand* See my pic above. I'm anal like that
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Nah. Nothing but love in this thread. All Yellis are good Yellis

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I think a TA is a MUST for this bike Go big or go home!
    is a 20mm that much stiffer than a qr?

by the way how does this bike fly?

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowme17
    is a 20mm that much stiffer than a qr?
    Yes. The more travel you run, 120mm range for this bike, the more of a necessity it becomes

You'll have to ask someone else. I'm not a jumper...

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I'm thinking one of the Canfield Bothers would be most qualified to answer this. I'm guessing the answer to be "quite well".

FM
    luxatio erecta

Ride #3

Nice long singletrack climb up to a skills park today, where I hit some jump lines and wood features. Still some loaner parts from my 26" hardtail... XO brakes and a reverb on the way eventually. Fork was locked down for most of these photos.

IMG_0074

IMG_0079

IMG_0056

IMG_0059

12-36 9-spd cassette- 36t cog from eBay seller MTBtools
    IMG_0062

IMG_0076

30t/104bcd non-ramped SS/1x ring by Andersen Machine Works. Works great, cool design. You have to bevel the tabs on the crank spider slightly inwards to clear the chain.
    IMG_0064

IMG_0071

Super fun bike to ride.
    Compared to my 26" AM hardtail, it's like going from a Lotus Elise to Corvette
    Both feel great in different ways.
    The Yelli is definitely much easier on long rides and climbs better, just generally more efficient. Surprisingly, log rides and skinnies are also easier on the big wheels. So far, doesn't feel as flickable as the 26'er on jump lines or on tight switchbacks, but definitely very capable. Corners great at speed too. I notice some adjustment in cornering technique is helping, I am over the front more, steering less and leaning more.
    1x9 with the 30/36 climbing gear feels like it will be perfect for summer epic rides here. The stiff back end with the thru-axle, wide bars and light weight feel great for climbing out of the saddle.

I likey!
    Last edited by FM; 01-23-2011 at 10:04 PM.

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    30t/104bcd non-ramped SS/1x ring by Andersen Machine Works. Works great, cool design. You have to bevel the tabs on the crank spider slightly inwards to clear the chain.
    WTF?!

No mention of the non-ramped version on the website!....so I ordered the ramped version.

Oil well (oh well ) I guess I'll just have to make do.

PS - Nice lookin' bike you got yourself there. Looks moist down there too.
    Extreme stationary biker.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    Nice long singletrack climb up to a skills park today, where I hit some jump lines and wood features. ..........
    I likey!
    Very nice! So I'm guessing you ended up buying one? It sounded like you were borrowing it from your other post.

Dinner for wolves
    Buddhak - here's what the flush mount (XXc II Flush) looks like.
    Thank you, brother. I had a Minute in mind until I impulse-bid on a black Reba Team. Looks like I am going with a tapered fork. CFO was not amused. Man gotta do...

By the way, FM, your YS is so dope I suffered a small seizure looking at the pics. Well done. Now that funds are depleted, my unit will beat up my Karate Monkey and steal all of its components. Right down to the 14 year old compact Deore LX cranks.
    Responds to gravity

The White Jeff W
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhak
    Thank you, brother. I had a Minute in mind until I impulse-bid on a black Reba Team. Looks like I am going with a tapered fork. CFO was not amused. Man gotta do...

Probably the same one I was bidding on. Settled on plan B - a like new Marzocchi 44 Micro ti tapered for $250 shipped
    No moss...

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by car_nut
    Very nice! So I'm guessing you ended up buying one? It sounded like you were borrowing it from your other post.
    Thanks guys. Yeah she's mine, came across the right deal at the right time.
    Really looking forward to getting 'er up into the cascades & chelan sawtooths this summer

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    WTF?!

No mention of the non-ramped version on the website!....so I ordered the ramped version.

Oil well (oh well ) I guess I'll just have to make do.

PS - Nice lookin' bike you got yourself there. Looks moist down there too.
    E-mail Russell and tell him what you want. I asked specifically for a SS version and it's awesome because it's spaced slightly inboard (better chain clearance from cranks).

Page 20 of 112 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 70 ... LastLast