mtbr member
    Mar 2005

XTR / velocity vxc sweet!!!

I just built a set of wheels, They are Velocity VXC 29er disc rims with XTR centerlock hubs and DT supercomp spokes. this is my second set of wheels with the velocity rims and I really like them, light weight and good looking plus they build up rather nice. I am blown away by the new XTR hubs though, very smooth and the new quicker engaging freehub body is very nice, a noticable improvement of the other wheelset I have with DT Hugi hubs. I went with XTR hubs mainly because of price and the fact that they came with awesome QR's where other hubs dont, and I can service them when needed with a few common tools.

Anyway just letting you guys building wheels know that you should give these hubs a look, I almost went CK but Im glad i didn't

Oh and the camera is not communicating with the computer right now, so sorry no pics. Black rims, spokes and dark grey hubs, nothing to exciting (to look at anyway)

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    i wanna see them .. fix ur camera ! or your PC !

sweet i have a set of VXC Gold with White IND. hubs i like them but they seem a little weak i had to true them 4 times in less than a year and my last ride i hit a big root sideways and the rim took a **** .. i have to take the wheel aparts to see what happened now

mtbr member
    Surlyboy, I'm running the same wheelset that I had built by Velocity in Grand Rapids, MI. Running them on my XXIX. They will soon be going on my new Niner MCR9 When the frame comes in. I have used them for training and in two races so far and they work great, plus I weigh 235 lbs.
    I made them tubeless with Stan's rim strips and Kenda Karma tires.