mtbr member
    Mar 2010

WTB Dual Dutry FR vs Rhyno Lite 29er rims

Any opinions? I choose these because of budget and RIM brake compatible> This is all I know. Wheelset builds on these rims are $315. Any opinions on which is stronger? I will be using DT Swiss Apline III spokes with Surly new disc hubs.

Thx.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Well, both are very similar ride wise. Rhyno Lites are a bit wider. I have about 10k miles on a set of each, no issues. I would probably go with whatever costs less.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    What kind of riding do you do and how much to you weigh if you don't mind me asking.

Former Bike Wrench
    Strength wise its probably a wash. The International Bead Seat on the WTB's holds tires really well and works great if you have any tubeless ambitions.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccd1977
    Any opinions? I choose these because of budget and RIM brake compatible> This is all I know. Wheelset builds on these rims are $315. Any opinions on which is stronger? I will be using DT Swiss Apline III spokes with Surly new disc hubs.

Thx.
    Too bad you're not in Australia, I would have let you my Dual Duty wheels. They were specced on a SS hub with my GT Peace9r, they weigh a ton and are now collecting dust in my garage, so unless you're planning some serious Free ride....

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ccd1977
    What kind of riding do you do and how much to you weigh if you don't mind me asking.
    XC riding and fire roads mostly. 200 pounds.