Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Hi There!
    Here's a review of my Santa Cruz Superlight 29 R XC, i forgot to add what fork and so on, is there a way to edit my review?

Santa Cruz Superlight 29 29er Full Suspension Reviews
    NTFTC

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Sorry, once you review goes through, it's permanent....typos, misspellings and all.
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

Hi There!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachariah View Post
    Sorry, once you review goes through, it's permanent....typos, misspellings and all.
    Oh well, i did put the build kit which means what fork. I'm not a rep ho anyway, but I'll read those guidelines a little better next time!
    NTFTC

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    JUST DO IT

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I wrote a couple of reviews about the XT M785 brakeset and Truvativ AKA 2.1 AM crankset.

29ers Forever
    I wrote a review about my Trek Cobia. I tried to write a new and improved one, but the site refused it because I had already written one.
    Big Wheels Keep On Rolling

Forth Eorlingas!

mtbr member

Sun Ringlé Charger Expert 29er wheelset

Here's a review of my year with the Sun Ringlé Charger Expert 29er wheelset. I had minor problems with the back wheel recently (broken spoke, seized hub bearing), and the tech support from the manufacturer was outstanding. Just wanted to give them a shout-out, and post a review so others could benefit from my experience.

Sun Ringlé Charger Expert 29er wheelset

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Here is my review of the Giant XTC 29er Composite 1

Giant XtC Composite 29er 1 29er Hardtail Reviews

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    New review for Schwalbe Big Apples

mtbr member
    I added a TransAm 29er review and a Stan's Arch EX review. Hope to review my Urge Enduromatic soon, and Shimano AM45s when I get them.
    Transition TransAM 29er
    Stan's Arch EX
    Thomson Bits

bay area CA
    here's my review of the 2013 SCOTT SCALE 950

Scott Scale 950 29er Hardtail Reviews - Mtbr.com

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Upset Niner Jet 9 RDO a great bike for a short while!

I see everyone doing reviews and I just wanted to add my two cents. Like most people reading this, I'm not made of money. I found a 2012 JET 9 RDO on pinkbike and thought, great, I'll give it a try. I like my RIP 9, so whats not to like about a lighter version with slightly less travel. I will start by saying I think the bike is Beautiful!!! It rides really well and came in at 26.15 lbs. Not bad for a large 29er. The bike climbs well and in my opinion even descends better my RIP 9! The only thing I didn't like was the internal cables rattle on descents. Other than that, it climbs without the front wandering, and descends like a champ. I never feel bob from pedaling and it still eats up roots and bumps on the trail. Then, it all went south. I clean the bike after every ride to inspect it as I still don't trust carbon and I noticed a small crack on the seat tube under where the shock link mounts. I thought no big deal, it looks like a superficial clear coat crack. Then Two rides latter, the inside of my seat stay where the link bolts to it, is flaking off. My local bike shop, which is a Niner dealer, took pictures and called Niner. I just heard back that yes they have a five year warranty and yes this is a defect not crash damage but I'm not covered due to I'm not the original owner. My LBS said when he talked to who ever at Niner, I guess it was known to happen! Great, I have a $2800 paper weight. Niner would give me crash replacement for $1800, but do I want a carbon frame from them again? My thoughts are if you give a five year warrant, give a five year warranty! Don't make loopholes so you can not honor the warranty, especially on something that was a known problem that you redesigned because of. Long story short, great bike with crap reliability and a company that wont back their product.

mtbr member

Write a review get some rep!

Sucks about the crack, man. Sorry to hear. The non-original owner warranty policy is pretty much standard across the industry, though. With the crash replacement, will that start a new 5 year warranty?
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox
    '08 Gary Fisher Ferrous 29

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    As nice as it would be for them to fix it free of charge, there is too many variables with anything used. Also there needs to be some incentive to buy new, and that is warrenty. Buying a used niner doesnt put money in niners pocket. Stillnsucks though.

Have you looked into carbon repair shops?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Yes, the new frame would have a 5 year warranty. Unless they find a way to get out of it. My mindset is I paid $1400 for the frame and rode it about 10 times. The replacement would be $1800. So now I'm $3200 into a frame that only made it 10 rides before and I cant sell it because the cost $2800 new so either way I have a $1400 paper weight. Maybe I can leave it out somewhere and someone will do me a favor and steal it! Either way, I'm done with Niner's bikes!!!

mtbr member

Write a review get some rep!

I've owned two alloy RIPs and love(d) them both. There are way too many instances of carbon failures, though. They really need to get that worked out.
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox
    '08 Gary Fisher Ferrous 29

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Yeah, maybe they should get them built somewhere other than Taiwan. For $2800, Im sure some American company can build them.

mtbr member
    My Airborne Goblin review just posted.
    Money doesn't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike, and that is pretty close.

Airborne Flight Crew
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard – website

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Rub it............
    Just did a review on the Jamis Dragon Race 29er - frameset only.

Jamis Dragon 29 Race 29er Hardtail Reviews - Mtbr.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by machine4321 View Post
    Buying a used niner doesnt put money in niners pocket.
    Small point, but I'd like to mention that it does put money in Niner's pocket. Would you buy a $5k bike if you knew you could recoup $0 of it in resale? No, the fact that you can recoup $3k is likely what allowed you to make the first purchase in the first place.

High resale does encourage new product buying, and at a higher price point.

It is a shame to hear that Niner doesn't support their products.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    A newbie/entry level review I did.

Diamondback Overdrive Sport

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast