mtbr member

Idea! Wreckoning vs Rallon vs Enduro vs Sentinel vs Slash

Vital recently put five long-travel 29ers head-to-head:

Dive in for much more detail: https://www.vitalmtb.com/features/20...-Sessions,2242

mtbr member
    Good review. Nice to see them talk a bit a trash about all the bikes. I liked the subjective review but thought the timed part was a little silly, or at least drawing conclusions about which was actually the fastest or slowest. When two riders do one ride each and most of the results were a couple seconds of each other it's pretty much a wash. No bad bikes, just different flavors. I have a Wreckoning and disagree with probably the only larger issue they have with it which is climbing. The Wreckoning is an excellent climber. I have the standard Monarch Plus rear shock on mine. They had a Push 11.6, which from what I've seen is the shock to put on if you are more concerned about going down than anything else, so that might explain the difference in our opinions.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smithcreek View Post
    I liked the subjective review but thought the timed part was a little silly, or at least drawing conclusions about which was actually the fastest or slowest. When two riders do one ride each and most of the results were a couple seconds of each other it's pretty much a wash. No bad bikes, just different flavors.
    I agree about not using this as a definitive metric but I still like that they timed them. They are race bikes so I think it's at least useful to gauge if the reviewers' pre and post race impressions matched reality. What feels good isn't necessarily faster so even if you can't extrapolate these results to your riding it at least acts to verify the reviewers thoughts.