Thread: Woody...

Single Speed Junkie

Woody...

Had some spare time this past week after a one of my co-workers passed away. Decided to spend some time with the family out in the shop. My 3 year old daughter decided to decorate the workbench with quite a few pink flowers. I finished a long standing project inlaying walnut into a bit of alloy. The wood is now more of a composite and tough as nails. Just though I'd share.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (170.3 KB, 403 views)

saddlemeat
    Beautiful!

Where did you get the "bit of alloy" you refer to?
    A Useful Bear is a handy thing.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Sweet! Very well done
    [SIZE="5"]I am Cyclingdirt[/SIZE]

Single Speed Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by bsieb
    Beautiful!

Where did you get the "bit of alloy" you refer to?
    The alloy is a section of 6061 rod turned down and polished on the sides cleaning up all machining marks.

We were out in your neck of the woods last weekend and hit the slick rock trail. Was curious if there is anything up any over the next ridge?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Sorry to hear about your co-worker. The stem cap looks cool.

saddlemeat
    Quote Originally Posted by crux
    The alloy is a section of 6061 rod turned down and polished on the sides cleaning up all machining marks.

We were out in your neck of the woods last weekend and hit the slick rock trail. Was curious if there is anything up any over the next ridge?
    I don't suppose you made two of them... is it functional or do you install it after the stem has been clamped in place? I want an inlayed stem cap with a sun face done in shell and TQ. Maybe something the local indian jewelry industry could supply.

Actually, there is the whole rest of the mountain over that ridge, and lots of existing corridor now that FS closed most of them to motorized traffic. Hope to check out a lot more of it this summer, the Zuni Mountain Trail Partnership is working on a comprehensive trail development plan for the whole mountain, not sure anyone knows the whole mountain though.
    A Useful Bear is a handy thing.

Single Speed Junkie
    Larry thanks for the nice words.

I don't suppose you made two of them... is it functional or do you install it after the stem has been clamped in place? I want an inlayed stem cap with a sun face done in shell and TQ. Maybe something the local indian jewelry industry could supply.
    Actually I made 3. Functionality was a bit of a concern so I tested one to the point where the headset was well over tightened. No damage or delaminating. I have a few blanks turned as well for other projects. If you can get me an image of what your looking for I would be happy to make one custom.

Actually, there is the whole rest of the mountain over that ridge, and lots of existing corridor now that FS closed most of them to motorized traffic. Hope to check out a lot more of it this summer, the Zuni Mountain Trail Partnership is working on a comprehensive trail development plan for the whole mountain, not sure anyone knows the whole mountain though.
    We will need to send you a PM on our next trip out that way.