Dr. Frost

Winwood carbon rigid fork 26" w/disk?

I was looking thru a catalog yesterday and came across a rigid carbon mtb 26" disc/v-brake fork my Winwood. I couldn't find any info about this fork online-is it really out there? And of course the important question is....will it fit a 29" wheel? It said 420mm axle to crown so that could possibly work. Came in a bling bling carbon steer tube version too.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

winwood fork

43mm rake is nice but 420 is pretty short for a 29er.

Non suspension corrected 29er forks are in the 440 range.

It might technically work but unless the frame is designed around the shorrter fork, it's going to throw off the geometry. Appr 1 deg steeper head and seat angles and a lower BB.

Pretty sweet looking fork. If it were 440mm or taller, I'd get one myself.

mvi
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Only a narrow 29 tire will fit with minimal clearance, and you might have to shim the drop outs a little for that.
    It would make the lightest and very stiff fork. I had it on my Frankenbike 29 but it threw the geometry way off. On a crosscheck (sp?) it might do fine. It looks great too!!
    I can walk to the basement and check fit for you.

QUOTE=Fastskiguy]I was looking thru a catalog yesterday and came across a rigid carbon mtb 26" disc/v-brake fork my Winwood. I couldn't find any info about this fork online-is it really out there? And of course the important question is....will it fit a 29" wheel? It said 420mm axle to crown so that could possibly work. Came in a bling bling carbon steer tube version too.[/QUOTE]

Dr. Frost

Narrow 29" tire only? That is too bad...

That is too bad that a fatter one (klaw, bonty, irc, moto, nano, exi, big apple) won't quite make it...it could have been so perfect for a bling bling rigid creation. So that leaves the pace fork as the only rigid carbon option, right?

Kam
    A hopped on pop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastskiguy
    That is too bad that a fatter one (klaw, bonty, irc, moto, nano, exi, big apple) won't quite make it...it could have been so perfect for a bling bling rigid creation. So that leaves the pace fork as the only rigid carbon option, right?
    how much is the winwood fork??? bikeman has some winwood muddy forks with disc mounts for about $250. Add some for shippig, and maybe tax and it's getting really close to the $300US i paid for my 440mm pace rc31 from star bike in germany.

for what it's worth, the pace rc31 rides beautifully, with MONSTER tire clearance and it weighs 700g out of the box. i am sure you guys probably read my post on adding a pace to my ride, but if not, here is a pic with a 2.3" exi in it;

cheers!

mtbr member

here is the link to the winwood web page

things are more like they are today than they ever were before

boring blogs:

racin rick dam nelsons

links:

Bikeman
    Salsa Cycles
    SRAM
    Panaracer

Dr. Frost

That Pace sure does have some clearance!

That Pace sure does have some clearance! Really light too. Kinda makes a guy want to build a bike around it....

Recovering couch patato
    854g? In that case, I wonder why anyone would bother not getting the Pace. Nicer made, more tire clearance, tried and proven, ~150g lighter.
    Winwood seems to make nice products, but the price just never makes me wanna buy it...
    Klok - XC - Skate - Ski