mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Windsor Cliff 29er Team

OK, so I have been on the fence with buying a 29er for a while. I used to race a FS 26" and decided to give the big wheels a try after test riding a friends GF X-Cal. I have test rode several others and really liked the geometry and feel of the Fuji Tahoe Pro. Upon further searching here on MTBR I found the Windsor and since it is the same geometry as the Tahoe Pro, but with better components I am leaning toward it. Also, I am trying to keep the budget under $1,000.
    I have been searching the forums and reading a lot of good things about it, but has anyone been disaponted with it?????
    I am not talking about the fact that I have to build it...that I can handle, no worries. Or issues with bikes direct customer service...etc.
    Just want to know about the bike.
    Anyone buy it and not like it? If so, what reasons.
    Thanks!

Former Bike Wrench
    I have the Cliff 29er Pro and have been riding it for three months now. Its the same frame as the Team and is made by Fuji (it even came with the parts box labeled "Fuji"). Its not exactly the same as the Fuji, it lacks the "power diamond" down tube and the top tube gusset...but otherwise its the exact same geometry. My only complaint would be that the front end is a bit high...BUT it came with the fork in the 100mm setting, I'm sure if I knocked it down to 80mm that the front end issue would not be a problem.