mtbr member
    Aug 2011

White Brothers Rock Solid Carbon Fork

I'm thinking of buying a White Brothers Rock Solid carbon fork for my 100mm 29er hardtail. The fork comes in 490mm, 465mm, 445mm and 425mm lengths. Which length fork will fit my bike the best? I want my bike to still retain its original head angle. If that's not really possible, a little bit slacker is fine too. Thanks.

There's always next year.
    (Fair warning-- my 3 month twins have been crying for a couple of hours, so I might be completely wrong here... somebody correct me if thats the case!)

I'm pretty sure you're looking for the 490mm length. Depending on what fork you'll be replacing with the Rock Solid, you could be close to the original head angle, although if its a Fox you might get alittle steeper.

As an aside, I love my Rock Solid-- I've run it off and on for 5 years, and its exactly what I wanted.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Awesome! How do you like your Rock Solid? I was thinking of either a 490mm or 465mm, but I've decided to go for the 490mm version.

hispanic mechanic
    Don't forget about sag. If your 100mm suspension fork has an AtoC of 490mm, when you're riding it's actually closer to 470-475. Just something to keep in mind.

Los
    "Shut up body and do what I tell you."
    Jens Voight

http://teamjva.com/jens-voigt-soundboard/

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I've read more about the Rock Solid and it turns out the 490mm version is optimized for bikes with 100-120mm of travel whereas the 465mm version is optimized for a fram with 80-100mm of travel. My bike is a Trek Wahoo 29er with a 69.6 degree head angle. Is it better to get a 465mm version instead? I feel like the 490mm version will slacken the head angle too much and slow down the steering.