mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Where can I demo these bikes in Colorado + Niner complete bikes?

2nd question first: Does Niner just not actually sell complete bikes? Is it all build kit sort of stuff? Building doesn't bother me, but it seems like you would pay more this way (looking at componenting out an XT build on a Rip 9 vs. just buying a 'Race' SB 95). Competitive cyclist seems to have a pretty decent set of build options on the Rip 9 (X0 is only slightly more than XT? wha?)

1st question: Are there places to demo these bikes on the front range?

Yeti SB 95
    Niner Rip 9
    Transition Bandit 29
    Trek Rumblefish

Is there a bike that should be on my list?

The best would be if I could throw a leg over each of these at some sort of manufacturer's demo and get in 30 - 60 minutes instead of having to spring for a whole 24 hour demo on each bike individually. It'd be nice to figure out what I want in the next... month?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Golden Bike shop sells Niner and Yeti. Redstone in Lyons sells Transition and Turner (you should consider the Sultan). Don't know about demo stock. Good luck!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Big Kahuna Bicycle Shop in Littleton sells Niner and Giant - they also demo.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Yeti demo day is the 14th, so you should be able to demo a SB95 then...along with the rest of the city...

The 21st I believe is a WRC demo day so you can yet again check out a SB95 and the Trek as well, assuming they have those in their 'free' demo fleet.

Schipperkes are cool.
    We @ Absolute Bikes, in Salida, have Rumblefish, SJ FSR & Camber 29" in stock for demos
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Thanks for the info, everyone. Where are those demo days, blefevre?

Also... your first initial and last name are my first initial and last name, so I did a serious double take... your first name isn't Bob, is it?

Salida is too far, I'm afraid... I'm in Laramie. I haven't really ridden the Boulder/Golden area (though I used to live there). That is intriguing...

Turner Sultan looks interesting, but it sure ain't cheap...

Does Transition only do an X7 build on the Bandit 29? I'm hoping for an XT build on whatever I go with.

This 'Singletrack Factory' place in Denver says they have both Niner and Yeti demo bikes... anyone dealt with them? I was really hoping to find stuff in FoCo/Loveland, but that might be a tall order with this list. Road 34 says they will have SB 95 demos in like 3 weeks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I demoed a Niner from Alpha bicycles on Arapahoe just south of I-25.

Alpha Bicycle Company‎
    8006 East Arapahoe Road
    Centennial, CO 80112
    (303) 220-9799

They are my LBS of choice.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Trek Store of Loveland and Lee's stores in Fort Collins keep a size run of rumblefish elites and superfly 100 pros in stock for demoing anytime. There's also a Trek factory demo day with lots more steeds to try in Foco at the Maxwell trailhead behind the CSU stadium on April 22. Happy riding!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I rented a RIP Niner at University Bikes in Boulder on Pearl, great shop great service even better bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Brian from Yeti was up here and brought me a SB 95 to check out, which I did up at Curt Gowdy this afternoon. Loved it. Rode (mostly up) stuff I've never cleaned before. Very nice bike.

Threw a leg over a Giant Anthem X 29er yesterday... did not like it at all. Rear suspension felt like mush to me... I've felt that way on all Maestro bikes, I guess. Standover was poor on the large, not much better on the medium (and I'm 6' 1").

Have a RIP 9 lined up for demo next saturday from Full Cycle in FoCo. They were building it when we went in there yesterday, so I think I'm going to get to take it on its maiden voyage.

So far the Yeti seems like it'll be hard to beat - their bikes have always felt 'right' to me.