mtbr member

Wheelbase question and fit question. 2Souls QH/Slim Jim related.

I've been looking at the 2SoulsCycles QH and Slim Jim frames, either an XL for the SJ, or XXL for the QH (XL is sold out and still waiting on an answer for XXL QH). And as Nevada 29er pointed out to me in a PM, all the 2Souls geometry figures are based on a 100mm Reba. Guess I overlooked that fact when I was looking at the data as I figured it's all based on a 140mm Reba as I've seen nothing else on these frames posted by 2Souls when first introduced.

I'm so stuck between sizing here and going nuts lol, either getting an XL Slim Jim and hoping it will be a good fit (I'm looking for a slightly bigger bike than my current 19.5 Transition TransAM 26er), or waiting to see if a XXL QH will ever be made and hope it will not be too big of a frame as everyone makes it seem.

Looking at the figures below, how much longer of a wheelbase (Radstand on the chart) am I looking at for the XL and XXL frame with a 140mm fork instead of the 100mm listed?

And if anyone has any insights/suggestions to add about the XL or XXL fitment compared to my current bike, here's what I'm working off of.

JB
    I think you need to provide some info on your riding style, trails, build, etc. Are you looking for quick and nimble or straightline stability? Technical chunk fests, or smooth single track? In the end, you're probably going to need to make a compromise somewhere, unless you go custom, Stickel sounds like a good match.

If my XL SJ doesn't work out for me, I'll give you a deal on it!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevada 29er View Post
    I think you need to provide some info on your riding style, trails, build, etc. Are you looking for quick and nimble or straightline stability? Technical chunk fests, or smooth single track? In the end, you're probably going to need to make a compromise somewhere, unless you go custom, Stickel sounds like a good match.

If my XL SJ doesn't work out for me, I'll give you a deal on it!
    I'm just looking for something slightly bigger than my current TransAM with a Float 36 160mm on it, 70mm stem + 745mm bars. Something like an XL TransAM would be ideally perfect, but they don't make that in a 26er, and not really feeling the 29er version (plus ETT's too short) And I think it's time to move away and onto big boy wheels, being tall (6'4") and somewhat a clyde (230 lbs)

Using it as a trail-bike, Midwest singletrack, jumps/drops no bigger than 2-3 feet. Definitely not the Alp-style of riding as shown in the QH vids online (almost All-Mountain Trials lol).

I want a nimble bike, that I won't feel too small on as I do now with the TransAM. I want to experience being "in the cockpit" instead of riding on top of the bike.

Build will be with a 140 Rockshox Revelation fork, XXL frame with a 50mm stem, the XL with a 70mm stem, 750mm+ bars.

I'm already making a compromise as it looks like I won't be able to even get an XL QH if I wanted too it being sold out as I choose to wait for the XXL frame, but still have a chance to jump on the XL Slim Jim frame before that ship too sails away.

Still waiting to hear back from 2Souls if the SJ can take bigger tires than 2.25 with only a 1x9 or 1x10 and on the QH XXL availability, usually they are quick to respond.

And looking at the geometry again, the reach will be lesser than what's listed for either the XL or XXL as both are provided on the 100mm Reba only.

I thought about going custom, but at $1500+, I would rather stick with non-custom frames that I can easily sell in the future. Trying to sell a custom will be harder I think.

Did you order your SJ yet? Please make it ceramic coating. If I'm buying it used from you.

mtbr member
    So 2Souls got back to me, the Slim Jim is only compatible with a 2.25 tire (no matter if 1x9/10 or SS), hence the reason for the 27.2mm seatpost they said, since you can't run a fat rear tire. The XXL QH and Slim Jim is put on hold now for good as Reynolds cannot provide a downtube long enough for the XXL size, they are currently testing other tubing from other brands. No exact date was given and I have a feeling it will be put on a permanent back burner for now as they have other projects started.

JB
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    So 2Souls got back to me, the Slim Jim is only compatible with a 2.25 tire (no matter if 1x9/10 or SS), hence the reason for the 27.2mm seatpost they said, since you can't run a fat rear tire. The XXL QH and Slim Jim is put on hold now for good as Reynolds cannot provide a downtube long enough for the XXL size, they are currently testing other tubing from other brands. No exact date was given and I have a feeling it will be put on a permanent back burner for now as they have other projects started.
    So a 27.2mm SP is substitution for a larger tire?! Never heard it put that way before, but I don't see the point of going bigger than 27.2 unless you want to run a dropper post, regardless of rear tire clearance. I don't think many people break STs, ususally your post will slip or break way before the tube.

Looks like you're headed for a Honzo. I'll try to post a pic of me on the 20L so you can see the fit.