mtbr member
    Aug 2005

What's next??? One9 - Sir9 - Zaka - ???

Where to go next???

I've had a Raleigh XXIX SS for about a year now - I never expected to love this thing as much as I do... I never thought about SS - actually, I might have been afraid I didn't have what it takes to ride a SS....

I bought the XXIX as an experiment - an experiment into SS, and an experiment into the world is 29ers - but I figured I could use for around town commuting, so nothing lost if it didn't work out for me...

Little did I know that I would fall in love with this thing - with SS, with 29" wheels....

So here I am, a year later, and I am thinking maybe it's time to think about what's next.... I don't think I'll ever be able to get rid of the XXIX... but maybe I want to add something new to the stable.... and I'd like to race on 29er SS at Sea Otter this year

- maybe a Niner one9 with susp fork...
    - maybe a Sir9 - but I have the XXIX... steel bike with susp fork???
    - Ti 29er? Voodoo Zaka? with Susp?

I'm kinda leaning toward the One9 with Reba 20mm TA fork - this seems to me to be something different, then I can enjoy the XXIX and this new bike - each having their place and purpose....

What do you guys think?

mtbr member
    If you love the XXIX, why not put some money into a worthy upgrade.

I'd say get some really nice wheels built...especially if you're still riding the stock wheels.

mtbr member
    One9 all the way, especially if you wanna race....Latest info from Niner is the One9 frames will be available Mid-Feb
    I have a One9 size XL and it weighs 22.25lbs w/ an F29 and Schwable Racing Ralph 2.4s on it!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Nater
    If you love the XXIX, why not put some money into a worthy upgrade.

I'd say get some really nice wheels built...especially if you're still riding the stock wheels.

This is a good point - those wheels are probably boat anchors.... could probably shed a pound of rolling weight....
    Last edited by venture; 01-06-2009 at 11:44 PM.