mtbr member

What's with the Fuji Fuji Nevada 3.0 LTD?

I am looking to replace my aging 1996 Trek 8000 SHX. It was sounding a little creaky and crunchy on today's ride and my need to take it's place of honor on the wall. I'll still ride it but only when I want to show off a bit.

In the meantime I came across this as on bikesdirect.com:

Save up to 60% off Mountain Bikes - MTB - 2018 Fuji Nevada 3.0 LTD Euro Spec 27.5/29er Disc Brake Mountain Bikes

It is a 2017 Fuji Nevada 3.0 LTD sale priced at $499 ( it actually came up at $399 in my cart) so I bought it. I was thinking that I am coming off a 20+ year-old ride and it will do until I figure out what I really want to buy. I know it's entry level but I'm easy to please.

After my moment of weakness and impulsive "one click" purchase I thought I'd better research it a bit. I can't find a single word about it outside on what BD has on the page or the Fuji specs.

Anyone know anything about it? I chose the 29er.
    Any info on bikesdirect.com in general? Aside from their weak website.

I'm excited you ride it.

Help if you can. THX

Moderator Moderator
    Its a sensibly spec'd package for the price.

BD has been around for a while and offer an inexpensive gateway to start riding a better bike than the one you already have. From what I'e read here the Fuji frames are unexciting but reliable.

Cycologist
    Seems Fuji keeps building too many of those Nevadas, I recall someone else recently buying what I think was a 2016 that was being clearanced. I think it was actually a 26er.

Bikes Direct normally just sells their own brands so they must have just bought a bunch of those Fujis at a huge discount. As Bob said, looks pretty good for the price. I think Euro spec means that the brakes will be hooked up opposite from what is normal in the US, opposite hands controlling front/back. They can be switched but then may require a bleed.

Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh My Sack! View Post
    Remember, there's always quilting and knitting if pedalling becomes too tough.

mtbr member
    Looks like the bike will be here this weekend. We'll see how it goes.

Bikesexual
    Late reply but BD is fine, dealt with them 3 times, once for a friend. Make sure you check the whole bike. You will need pedals, probaly grips. I changed my bar to a wider bar, but that's a personal preference, and I have long arms.

I also changed the saddle, but again very personal.

Enjoy!

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    The Orange Fleet:

'16 SC Heckler
    '14 All City MMD
    '12 Kona Unit Rigid

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    Late reply but BD is fine, dealt with them 3 times, once for a friend. Make sure you check the whole bike. You will need pedals, probaly grips. I changed my bar to a wider bar, but that's a personal preference, and I have long arms.

I also changed the saddle, but again very personal.

Enjoy!

I figured I'd have to change the pedals and saddle. I'm about to crack open the box. We will see.

Bikesexual
    Cool new bike day, is a good day!
    Quote Originally Posted by OldTrek94 View Post
    I figured I'd have to change the pedals and saddle. I'm about to crack open the box. We will see.
    The Orange Fleet:

'16 SC Heckler
    '14 All City MMD
    '12 Kona Unit Rigid

mtbr member
    Pics for the love of Pete! Pics!

mtbr member
    The new bike is great. No problems with shipping or assembly (although the front wheel almost feel off on yesterday's ride. MY FAULT). I'm very happy with it.

What's with the Fuji Fuji Nevada 3.0 LTD?-img_20180811_160302.jpgWhat's with the Fuji Fuji Nevada 3.0 LTD?-img_20180811_172251.jpgWhat's with the Fuji Fuji Nevada 3.0 LTD?-img_20180813_142658.jpg

mtbr member
    Great looking HardTail! Hows she handle?

mtbr member
    The bike handles well. Shocks do a good job for a spring system and the shifting is smooth but may need some additional tweaking. Only thing I notice is a slight crepitus from the crankset at lower speeds. I'm currently looking for a new saddle because the one that came with it is literally a pain.

I will go over it all again with a wrench just to make sure everything is lubricated and tight. Thanks for asking.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I looks like you did pretty well to me. Most of these bike all have the same type of components on them no matter where you buy them. When that is the case, it is just the frame and wheels that really matter because it would cost as much as the bike to replace them. I've done final assembly on a few BD bikes for friends. All of them were pretty much exactly as specified. You don't get the support of the LBS, but that is both a good and bad thing.

I wouldn't give up on your old bike (or now one for that matter) over a creaking issue. The vast majority of the time it is an easy fix. Finding the actual culprit is usually more of an annoyance than fixing the actual problem.