What a surprise for me

Printable View

• 12-26-2012
    Zachua
    What a surprise for me
    So the wife knew I had been saving for a new hardtail and I just told her to not buy me anything for Christmas so I could have a little extra cash to put towards my new bike. I come down stairs Christmas morning to see this big box wrapped and I'm thinking 'what the heck is this!?' She says Santa came and that's yours. I opened it to find this:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...4EE0043452.jpg

wow! I was speechless. I had been saving up for months and now all that money I saved can go towards the components!

big change from the old 26'er I've been riding forever that still has rim brakes!
  • 12-26-2012
    blaklabl
    In case you hadn't realized it by now, she is a KEEPER (the wife!)
  • 12-26-2012
    Scott In MD
    Ho ho ho, indeed. My wife did me solid as well. Pics tomorrow after I get it built up.
  • 12-26-2012
    John Kuhl
    You have a great wife Zachua, you are
    very lucky.
  • 12-26-2012
    thomllama
    can I just borrow your wife? like for a few weeks,.. just so I can get a new frame :)

she did good!!! nice pick!!
  • 12-26-2012
    AOK
    Great wife, great story, great frame. Enjoy!
  • 12-26-2012
    ghettocop
    Congrats!!
  • 12-26-2012
    texasnavy05
    You are a lucky man!!
  • 12-26-2012
    mikesee
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Zachua View Post
    So the wife knew I had been saving for a new hardtail and I just told her to not buy me anything for Christmas so I could have a little extra cash to put towards my new bike. I come down stairs Christmas morning to see this big box wrapped and I'm thinking 'what the heck is this!?' She says Santa came and that's yours. I opened it to find this:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...4EE0043452.jpg

wow! I was speechless. I had been saving up for months and now all that money I saved can go towards the components!

big change from the old 26'er I've been riding forever that still has rim brakes!

Wow, that's...

...wow. Score, on many levels.

Congrats!
  • 12-26-2012
    skiahh
    You know, most threads that mention a wife or girlfriend generate comments saying they must see a picture of said wife or girlfriend.

In this case, no picture needed!!
  • 12-26-2012
    kreater
    very nice. enjoy building it up, the ride, and the fact that a loved one got it for you.:thumbsup:
  • 12-28-2012
    SeaBass_
    NICE! Mine would've got me the Walmart FS 29er and told me that if I only shopped around, I would find great deals like she did.
  • 12-28-2012
    LyNx
    That's FANTASTIC Dude, as everyone else said in case you hadn't already realised it, Definite Keeper :D The real kicker to me is, not only did she get you a new frame, but she got you a Ti beauty and pays enough attention and/or cares enough to know your sizing. Absolutely lucky man, now hurry up and build it up.
  • 12-28-2012
    cbw
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SeaBass_ View Post
    NICE! Mine would've got me the Walmart FS 29er and told me that if I only shopped around, I would find great deals like she did.

haha sounds familiar
  • 12-28-2012
    1banger
    Let us see your build when it's finished!
  • 12-28-2012
    MTBeing
    Holy $*&#! what a wife! You must've freaked out when you saw Moots. Mine got me a Go Pro and I didn't even know she knew what it was, so I'm not complaining.
  • 12-28-2012
    bkirby10
    Nice! I got a fuzzy parrot with a cocktail in his hand that sings 'Don't Worry, Be Happy'...
  • 12-28-2012
    colker1
    Buy HER something... forget components.
  • 12-29-2012
    HouseNotes
    Sweet! Hope you got her something nice for Christmas. If not, better spend those savings on HER.
  • 12-29-2012
    jarwes
    Quote:

Buy HER something... forget components.
    +1 Buy her something something that sparkles...
  • 12-29-2012
    ravenous
    Nice frame
  • 12-30-2012
    LC_rider
    Lucky guy! Congratulations.
  • 12-30-2012
    Mr.Magura
    Hmm, it's obviously about time to replace the girlfriend here :D

Magura :)
  • 12-30-2012
    John Kuhl
    ^ Why?
  • 12-30-2012
    Mr.Magura
    Quote:

Originally Posted by John Kuhl View Post
    ^ Why?

Well, my girlfriend don't bring me nice presents like that, so I'd say it's worth a try to have her replaced.

Magura :)