Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Thanks guys. Full story goes like this. I've been going into the local bike shop talking titanium with the owner for a few months now. Well my wife had been hearing me talk about the moots frames anytime I talk about bikes. She's not really into bikes but she is supportive of my obsessions.

Anyways, i had no idea but my wife called the owner of the LBS around thanksgiving and told him to order me the frame I wanted.

Sometime around that time I got a call from Craig (lbs owner) telling me that he had a customers mootox in store for some work and wanted to know if I wanted to take it for a spin...I said uhhhhh yes!!

So I went to the store and peddled around on this super nice mootox with all top end components. I felt like I was riding a Lamborghini round the parking lot. I was stoked!

After I brought the bike back into the store the owner and I chit chatted about it and then he suggested I go ahead get measured since I was getting close to having saved enough cash for a frame. Little did I know he was doing this so he would know what size frame to order for me since my wife had already ordered one! I get measured and he suggests an 18 and then I left with no idea what all just happened.

Course you guys know what happened on Christmas Day. Needless to say I was a little shocked when I pulled the wrapping off the box and saw the big moots logo.

I can't wait to take the frame back to the shop and start deciding on components and will definitely keep this updated!

edit: tried to trim some of my ramblin down.
    Last edited by Zachua; 01-03-2013 at 08:56 AM.

MTB B'dos
    There I fixed your long rambling for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachua View Post
    Thanks guys. Full story goes like this............My Wife is the best dang woman a guy could want, she listens and pays attention when I ramble on about bikes unlike most spouses, I'm the luckiest guy in the world
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

DIY all the way
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    There I fixed your long rambling for you
    That pretty much sums it up

Magura

mtbr member
    Great story, a wonderful wife, and a terrific bike!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    lol sorry bout that!

ride more
    Mar 2007
    Wow, you are Sooo Lucky

mtbr member

Nice!

AS many other have mentioned, you are very fortunate in many ways.
    Having a wife who supports you obsession.
    Having a wife that listens to you ramble about your obsession.
    Having a wife that buys a REAL NICE frame for your obsession.

All the best to you man!
    Be sure to treat that woman right!
    You cannot go against nature, because when you do, its part of nature too.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

What a surprise for me

Thanks guys!

It's been a month or so since I updated this. Some parts came in today.

yessir:

not sure which stem to go with. I like the haven but it may not be long enough. We'll see:

some matching blue here and there:

most of the drivetrain and wheels/tires are here too. I'm going to take some more pics on Saturday. stoked!

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    as to stems, said it before and will say it a thousand times don't guess at length,. buy a few super cheapo's in assorted lengths, spend a saturday and ride a well know trail with each one.. find the size that fits you , then go get the nice one you want. Looks like your at your local shop, guessing they have a basket full of used and take off stems... with the $$$ you're dropping there they should be more than willing to help with this process
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

MTB B'dos
    Absolutely, 100% agree with Thom, that's the best way to go about stem length if you're really into MTBing and takes the guess work out. I had a few cheapos I bought to throw on 2nd/3rd /loaner bikes I have an also for this reason, but have managed to also sell to people when I did bike fits for them and there were none available on the island, so on the look out again for them on the blow out between 50-90mm.

Quote Originally Posted by thomllama View Post
    as to stems, said it before and will say it a thousand times don't guess at length,. buy a few super cheapo's in assorted lengths, spend a saturday and ride a well know trail with each one.. find the size that fits you , then go get the nice one you want. Looks like your at your local shop, guessing they have a basket full of used and take off stems... with the $$$ you're dropping there they should be more than willing to help with this process
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

What a surprise for me

good advice on stem. thanks dudes. right now it's got the 100mm stem. bike shop going to let me roll with it this weekend see how I like it. the pic I took below is with 110mm stem.

so right now it has a temp stem and seat post. the pedals were just so I could ride around parking lot for a minute. my egg beaters will be going on tonight. it weighs in at about 23.5lbs without pedals.

Without further ado

(temp pedals and stem)

I'd rather be riding
    Looks great!

MTB B'dos
    I say shorter on the stem and wider on the bar Think it looks very sweet and again in case you forgot, thank you wife immensely again for such a great gift
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Nice bike! Sounds like the bike and the wife are keepers! I built up a Ti bike a couple months ago and love it...enjoy

SpoK Werks Handmade Goods
    Wow! Nicely done on so many levels.

Thumper
    Gotta love good wives. My wife knew I loved link forks and got me Kilo No. 1 for x-mas.

Parrot that sings Don't worry..Be Happy.. lol this is a funny thread.

Yer Moots looks great. Great build story when the wife get involved...

weeeell most of the time.

Levi Early
    Im going to email this thread to the girlfriend so that she can take notes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2