mtbr member
    Apr 2012

What do y'all make of the Novara Intrepid?

Seems like specs are good, but I can't really find anything out about the frame.

Novara Intrepid

I'm thinking at worst I could swap the componentry to a different frame if I didn't like the stock one...is that possible?

mtbr member
    I don't know very much about it, but i does look good. I included a link to the review section on mtbr with everything that is that price range, don't know if that will help. One last thing, i would try to go and ride it and maybe ride similar bikes. To see which is the best fit

29er Hardtail Reviews
    A person who never made a mistake,
    never tried anything new..... Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    While you're there ride a scott scale 29 team or comp for comparison.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Apparently the Novara Intrepid is a new model, and some stores will not see any this year. The closest to me is three hours away, and I shan't be driving that far to give a test ride. It sure seems like a nice bike, though.

Would it be possible to use the components on a different frame if the frame it was on displeased me?

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I know this is a late response for this thread, but if anyone is curious about the Novara Intrepid, it is a great riding bike. It is sturdy, fast, very well equipped and a great price. Too bad REI decided to discontinue the line. For big folks, such as meself, it was a God-send. The brakes were Shimano, the front and rear derailleurs are Sram X7 and X9, and the crank is Sram 1000 - 2x10. The frame is steel, but the bike rides very well. The shifters are Sram X7 and shifting is fast and smooth. The fork is a RockShox Gold 80mm, so basic trails and moderate jumps is easily handled by the bike.

The best part was I got it when REI was having their closeout sale so I got it for $905 out the door. Like I said I know this is a late response, but if anyone out there come across one of these bikes, don't be worried, you like be more than satisfied!!!! LATERS!!!!