mtbr member
    May 2005

WB Magic 80mm. QR and Hope mini mono pro floating disc, any issues?

I read in this forum that the WB Magic fork in 20mm version might have clearance issues with Hope floating disks. I'm building a Dos Niner with a magic 80 quick release version and plan to use Hope Mini Mono Pro with floating disks, is anyone running this setup?

bike weenie
    I've run 2 different WB forks with those brakes and I9 wheels, and the clearance was extremely tight on one, and on another, I actually needed to insert a thin washer between the hub and the QR to fit between the hub and the dropout to give it a touch more space. Otherwise, the rotor rubbed against the fork.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Same issue

I am currently running the WB Magic 110 29" with Hope Mono Mini's Pro, floating disc and it did rub inside the fork leg. I filed the rivits down a very little! and all better. Called WB and they said it would be very close with the floating rotors. Very Very Tight. But they work...

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I'll use standard discs then.
    Are the Pro's only made in PM version or is there also the IS version that attaches directly to fork and frame?
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    YOu can only get the PM's in the US. If you buy them from somewhere overseas you can get the Pro's in a IS mount. I know it sucks, when I bought them I was assuming they were the UK IS mount.

cgd
    mtbr member