Do it for Deegan

WATCH ME RIDE SOME SINGLETRACK!!! (youtube video)

This is a little clip of me riding some singletrack right in my backyard!
    Help me get some darn views on this!!!

Last edited by stonemxfan369; 03-30-2013 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Fixed the size of the video

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    why is this movie about your left hand?

Do it for Deegan
    I embedded it in the wrong size smart guy and i dont know how to fix it. If you click the title it will take you to youtube and you can watch it in normal size.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I made it through about 5 seconds, Don't know why but these kind of pov videos just don't cut it. Maybe if someone was shooting
    you from behind... or you were in Moab.......lol

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    If you're looking for constructive criticism: the camera was pointed too low. I have no idea what was coming up ahead of you. No sense for speed. It looked like you were going a little slower and then a little faster.

The trail looks fun. Smooth and a little rooty.

Maybe if someone was shooting
    you from behind
    +1. Having another rider in the frame for reference is good.

And just like photographs of terrain, video almost never looks as intense as it feels.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregon2wheels View Post
    If you're looking for constructive criticism: the camera was pointed too low. I have no idea what was coming up ahead of you. No sense for speed. It looked like you were going a little slower and then a little faster.

The trail looks fun. Smooth and a little rooty. +1. Having another rider in the frame for reference is good.And just like photographs of terrain, video almost never looks as intense as it feels.
    This.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Am I the only one who thinks that mounting the camera to the frame usually gives better results than mounting it to the chest or (perhaps) helmet?

Do it for Deegan
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregon2wheels View Post
    This was the first time I had ever used the chest mount. The speed issue is a problem with the trail. It is in no way made for mountain biking. Its in some woods right behind my house and it wasnt built and it is not maintained by mountain bikers. It doesnt have a good flow because of this but its right behind my house so its something to practice on and ride without having to drive somewhere!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Try the helmet clip, it works better I think. Im not trying to jack your thread, but heres one I did 2 years ago. Just for reference. ....
    '11 Redline MonoCog Flight 29er
    '10 Windsor Cliff 29er SS
    '09 Trek 4300

Do it for Deegan
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbucket View Post
    Try the helmet clip, it works better I think.
    I have a helmet clip on my motocross helmet but not on my mtb helmet. I want to be able to use the chesty mount anyway. I just eed to figure out the right angle then it will look fine

Your Best Friend
    Helmet mount=worst place to put your camera. Chest mount=2nd worst.

Get a mount that places it just to the side of your head tube above the fork. IMO the only place that gets a good angle without someone in the shot. Best is definitely to have a camera on a friend following you. It is also interesting to see the rider behind you.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentfoe View Post
    Helmet mount=worst place to put your camera. Chest mount=2nd worst.

Get a mount that places it just to the side of your head tube above the fork. IMO the only place that gets a good angle without someone in the shot. Best is definitely to have a camera on a friend following you. It is also interesting to see the rider behind you.
    I actually think on your helmet is the best and least bouncy. your chest and bike are usually taking some impact, but your head, not so much. Considering, I would say my vid is fairly steady throughout.
    '11 Redline MonoCog Flight 29er
    '10 Windsor Cliff 29er SS
    '09 Trek 4300