Thread: Warranty

mtbr member

Warranty

Upgraded my Specialized Rochopper 29 ( crank set, handle bar/grip, seatpost, pedals), Am I still entitled for a 2 year tune up and lifetime warranty for the frame?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by larryarroyo View Post
    Upgraded my Specialized Rochopper 29 ( crank set, handle bar/grip, seatpost, pedals), Am I still entitled for a 2 year tune up and lifetime warranty for the frame?
    Thanks
    Try asking your shop???
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

I just let one RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by larryarroyo View Post
    Thanks
    As long as you are the original owner of the frame, yes. Unless you install something like an extra-long travel fork that would void the warranty, the warranty will remain valid. As for the 2 year tune-up, that's something offered by your shop, and I imagine they would still stand behind it even if you installed a few upgrades (leastways, every shop I've ever worked in or visited would)
    A ride a day keeps the therapist away.

mtbr member
    My shop would still honor it. Granted, if you bought an entire new transmission/drivetrain from some online dealer and replaced the stock parts, then came into the shop expecting me to tune it for free I would have to take a walk to the back room (it would then be a good time for you to think hard).