Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 145
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    22

    WARNING: Do not buy from Flyxii, Anna lies and deceives

    Dear forum members,

    I've read every single page of the Chinese 29er carbon frames thread and decided to pull the trigger on purchasing a frame. I really like the look of the FM056 (Hong Fu) or FR208 (Flyxii) and so I contacted both manufacturers. Jenny from Hong Fu replied a day later than Anna at Flyxii so I purchased the FR208 frame from Flyxii on Feb 5. The frame and parts after many delays finally arrived March 29th, almost two months later. After getting the frame and sending all the parts to the LBS, I find out a couple of things wrong:

    1. The frame they sent me was the wrong size, I ordered a 17.5 and they sent me a 21 and what was funny is that the frame was marked as a FM056. Anna replied saying the warehouse sometimes messes up the lettering and sizes.

    2. The integrated handlebar and stem I purchased is unsafe for riding according to the LBS. When the tech tried to clamp the stem down on the steerer tube, it couldn't clamp down with enough force to hold the fork in place. Well, the bolts actually stripped before it could. After the tech took the part off and inspected it, it turns out there are no metal inserts on the female end of the stem bolts and the threads were threaded directly onto the CF.

    I contact Anna and informed her of the situation and she said no problem we will send you a new frame as soon as you give us the confirmation number of the items I was shipping back to them for exchange and that she would refund me the shipping costs. After sending her the tracking number, Anna, did not hold up her end of the bargain. She did not respond to me for quite some time and eventually just refunded the cost of the items. Shipping costs were not refunded as promised and no new frame as promised.

    She contacted me last night and said that this was all essentially my fault because I didn't check the package as soon as it came in.

    I live in an apartment building and concierge signs for all packages, I have no chance of inspecting things as soon as they come in and reject them if they are not up to par.

    Bottom line is Flyxii as a vendor is as bad as they come. It does not understand the concept of customer service and deceived me in promising things they did not anticipate to fulfill. Stay away from this vendor. I now have to find a way to get my shipping costs back as well as the money for the chainstay protector I had already applied on the frame.

  2. #2
    PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Reputation: ProEdgeBiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,282
    If its too good to be true. It is.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wobbem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    557
    Anna is online right now...............


  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vikb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,805
    I am sorry to hear about your problems. That's a sad way to end a new bike story...

    Now just imagine you bought a Niner from a LBS and the same thing happened. You'd have the correct size undamaged frame in your hands and you would be riding.

    There is a reason LBS and name brands cost more - they provide support for the product after they have your $$.
    Safe riding,

    Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

  5. #5
    Robtre
    Reputation: robtre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    457
    That chick looks like Yao Ming and Wesley Snipes had a love child! I think I am in love....

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by ProEdgeBiker View Post
    If its too good to be true. It is.
    It is not like the prices were too good to be true, they are offering the same price to many others on this forum but they just screwed me.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by robtre View Post
    That chick looks like Yao Ming and Wesley Snipes had a love child! I think I am in love....
    Lol, thanks for the amazing comment. That just made me smile

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by robtre View Post
    That chick looks like Yao Ming and Wesley Snipes had a love child! I think I am in love....
    LMAO......Thats good stuff my friend.

  9. #9
    I'm Done
    Reputation: Durga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    342
    OP - That's awful. I will definitely never consider buying from that vendor now unless they take immediate steps to rectify this situation.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTscoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,143
    Damn, I ordered a seatpost from her a few weeks back. I hope it shows up next week as expected.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cigarlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    246
    YEAH- If a carbon fiber frame costs 37 cents ? it might be a good idea to pass that one up Just sayin Leason learned and for us too !!!

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    399
    Sorry to hear that happened, but dude, you get what you pay for right? Go local, get support.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Durga View Post
    OP - That's awful. I will definitely never consider buying from that vendor now unless they take immediate steps to rectify this situation.
    Anna refunded the original amount for the items but once I started asking about a replacement frame or refunding the shipping costs she stopped responding. I have not heard from her since

  14. #14
    Call me Phred
    Reputation: Hundun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by aaa_cubed View Post
    Anna refunded the original amount for the items but once I started asking about a replacement frame or refunding the shipping costs she stopped responding. I have not heard from her since
    So you got a refund and started antagonizing about a replacement frame and a shipping cost refund. Some people just can't be pleased. I can't say as I blame her for cutting communication with you.

    Shipping is the price of doing business non-locally. Stop whining, deal with it and move on.

  15. #15
    Wino
    Reputation: Gofannon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    195
    I don't think a company on planet Earth would replace an item after sending a refund. I could be wrong though,
    Me. The chosen one. They chose me. And I didn't even graduate from fu**ing high school.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kokothemonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    277
    How much shipping costs did you get fleeced for?

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Gofannon View Post
    I don't think a company on planet Earth would replace an item after sending a refund. I could be wrong though,
    Would help if you read his first post. She only refunded the cost of the frame after she decided she wasn't going to send another one. Don't think he was expecting his money back and a new frame.

    They should eat the cost of shipping both ways, that's the cost of doing business and shipping the wrong part.

    No customer for you.

  18. #18
    bt
    bt is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by aaa_cubed View Post
    Dear forum members,

    I've read every single page of the Chinese 29er carbon frames thread and decided to pull the trigger on purchasing a frame. I really like the look of the FM056 (Hong Fu) or FR208 (Flyxii) and so I contacted both manufacturers. Jenny from Hong Fu replied a day later than Anna at Flyxii so I purchased the FR208 frame from Flyxii on Feb 5. The frame and parts after many delays finally arrived March 29th, almost two months later. After getting the frame and sending all the parts to the LBS, I find out a couple of things wrong:

    1. The frame they sent me was the wrong size, I ordered a 17.5 and they sent me a 21 and what was funny is that the frame was marked as a FM056. Anna replied saying the warehouse sometimes messes up the lettering and sizes.

    2. The integrated handlebar and stem I purchased is unsafe for riding according to the LBS. When the tech tried to clamp the stem down on the steerer tube, it couldn't clamp down with enough force to hold the fork in place. Well, the bolts actually stripped before it could. After the tech took the part off and inspected it, it turns out there are no metal inserts on the female end of the stem bolts and the threads were threaded directly onto the CF.

    I contact Anna and informed her of the situation and she said no problem we will send you a new frame as soon as you give us the confirmation number of the items I was shipping back to them for exchange and that she would refund me the shipping costs. After sending her the tracking number, Anna, did not hold up her end of the bargain. She did not respond to me for quite some time and eventually just refunded the cost of the items. Shipping costs were not refunded as promised and no new frame as promised.

    She contacted me last night and said that this was all essentially my fault because I didn't check the package as soon as it came in.

    I live in an apartment building and concierge signs for all packages, I have no chance of inspecting things as soon as they come in and reject them if they are not up to par.

    Bottom line is Flyxii as a vendor is as bad as they come. It does not understand the concept of customer service and deceived me in promising things they did not anticipate to fulfill. Stay away from this vendor. I now have to find a way to get my shipping costs back as well as the money for the chainstay protector I had already applied on the frame.


  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by kokothemonkey View Post
    How much shipping costs did you get fleeced for?
    Close to a hundred bucks. I sent it the cheapest way possible just in case these guys don't refund me the money. I got a quote from FedEx and they wanted to charge me a little over $600!!!!

    and regarding getting a replacement frame, well I would have preferred a replacement frame rather than a refund since I still need a frame. Wasn't expecting both and if I got both I would be praising their amazing customer service rather than talking it down.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    182
    Buying generic, foreign goods from an unknown foreign supplier can be a great way to save money, but you can't act surprised or outraged when things don't work out as hoped.

    If your demands are high, or risk tolerance is low, shop local and buy products made by companies with a reputation for sound engineering, testing, manufacturing, inspection, and customer service.

  21. #21
    Call me Phred
    Reputation: Hundun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by tiguan View Post
    Would help if you read his first post. She only refunded the cost of the frame after she decided she wasn't going to send another one. Don't think he was expecting his money back and a new frame.

    They should eat the cost of shipping both ways, that's the cost of doing business and shipping the wrong part.
    He got a refund. Look at the stink he's raising still. It's likely that it was determined him to be a difficult customer and they felt a refund would be more prudent than paying to ship another bike. Those expenses would add up quickly when he complained about the next one.

    I know nothing about the bike or the company. But if he was following threads on the company, there must be some satisfied customers out there.

  22. #22
    bt
    bt is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Hundun View Post
    He got a refund. Look at the stink he's raising still. It's likely that it was determined him to be a difficult customer and they felt a refund would be more prudent than paying to ship another bike. Those expenses would add up quickly when he complained about the next one.

    I know nothing about the bike or the company. But if he was following threads on the company, there must be some satisfied customers out there.

    this too is my take^^^^

    some customers aren't worth having.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OmaHaq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    620
    Pffftttt.... heck man you sound like you made out ok for the most part. You got a refund and you have some carbon fiber parts that still work to boot.

    What the heck did you expect ordering from China? Stellar customer service? NO... you bought from China to get the lowest possible price.

    For the $100 you got "fleeced", I think you made out fine.
    - The only thing that keeps me on a bike is happiness.

  24. #24
    workin' it Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,038
    I have to side with the OP. If you buy something, anything from someone and it is bad it is usually their cost to ship it back, whether they refund you or not. I mean it isn't fair to have paid to ship the frame to the US then to have to ship it back because it was the wrong size.

    I mean it would be one thing to have shipped the bike back, gotten a new one back and a refund and complained but this is no different than CHUMBA shipping a used bike to a customer without a bunch of parts or any of the other thousand CS horror stories on here.
    Try this: HTFU

  25. #25
    bt
    bt is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    I have to side with the OP. If you buy something, anything from someone and it is bad it is usually their cost to ship it back, whether they refund you or not. I mean it isn't fair to have paid to ship the frame to the US then to have to ship it back because it was the wrong size.

    I mean it would be one thing to have shipped the bike back, gotten a new one back and a refund and complained but this is no different than CHUMBA shipping a used bike to a customer without a bunch of parts or any of the other thousand CS horror stories on here.
    you'll likely catch more flies with honey than with vinegar though.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •