get down!

walt works? (post pics if you have them please)

I was wondering if you guys would post up pics of your walt works for me...I'm bored and considering this custom steel instead of "The Rig". Holler at your boy.
    Rudy Projects look ridiculous

visit my blog, BEATS, BIKES & LIFE

mcd
    uh, uh...oh, i forget
    Jan 2004

here's a couple i've posted before...

hope no one minds seeing them again. and i'll say again that walt is good to work with...
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Pics

Hey Bro, here are some pics of my two new waltworks. I have not really ridden the Geared yet, I just finish the build this weekend. The SS I have ridden approx. 40 miles or so on 3-4 different rides. I am amazed at how good this bikes rides. On the second time out I beat my personel best time on a trail by three minutes. (My previous best time was on a 26".) This frame soaks up all the usual vibrations from a rooty north Louisiana terrain. I had been riding a supercaliber 29 before this. I will say that aluminum has came a long way since the early 90's cannondales. The Fisher was a real nice feeling bike, but!!! when I got on this steel frame there was definately a noticable difference. I went with all of Walt's recomendations on the frame. My downtube is a little bigger on the SS to help with flex when standing on the pedals and mashing. It works. When you mash this baby takes off! Cornering is better then I have ever had. Walt had suggested a longer top tube then what I had been using with a shorter stem. (like the fishers) This makes a big difference. A lot of our trails are pretty twisty. I cant remember for sure all my angles but I do have them written down, if you are interested. Customer service was great. I have called Walt at all times of the day and night and asked questions. I purchased most of the components from him also. No regrets at all. Two frames took me 4-5 weeks. SS frame 3 lbs 10oz, Geard frame 4lbs (disc tabs and support). Built SS - 21 lbs 9 ozs, Geared - 23 lbs 10 oz. IF you would like a complete build list reply to this and I will list, I am just running out of time right now! If you are thinking of new frame, do yourself a favor and call Walt.

Dr. Frost

Here's another one

And another really satisfied customer too (and satisfied dog too)