mtbr member
    Feb 2013

voodooo Aizan 29er any good

i was thinking of buying a 29er and have seen a voodoo aizan and was wondering if anyone could tell me if voodoo bikes are any good

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    The steep head tube angle and long chainstay is not for me. Compare the geo to a Scott Scale 930 for a different style.

mtbr member
    Voodoo's are great riding bikes. They defy the numbers. I have had a bunch of bikes with classic 71 degree head 73 degree seat angles. Same cs lengths as well. Out of all of them, the Voodoo was by far the most responsive. Don't know why.

agu
    mtbr member
    I've ridden most, if not all, VooDoo hardtail 29ers (we are the local distributor), and edouble's observations are correct. They are good handling bikes.

I guess it's all in the sum of the angles and lengths and tubing specs. Same goes for ANY nice bike.

As for the Aizan itself, that's one light frame! The paint might be a bit thin though but it rides well and loves to climb.

mtbr member
    I'm quietly wondering, how long before that picture of the Aizan with the snapped off head tube shows up?
    WTB: Specialized AWOL frameset, XL

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Hi, had one (XL) for about two months.
    a) light
    b) vbrake compatible
    c) really good looking paint
    d) Handling was very snappy, also had toe/front tire overlap which I NEVER had with any other 29er. This is probably the result of the snappy geometry. I have size 13 feet. If it wasn't for that, I would have kept it. 6'3" size 13 feet.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I have a "L" Aizan and really enjoy riding it, but I also have toe overlap. If you can get over the toe overlap it is a great bike. The frame seems to absorb some of the trail chatter.

Thumper
    Agreed Voodoos are an under the radar great bike. There are not good bikes. They are great bikes!

They are excellent climbers and very responsive in single track. I have had the Sobo, DJab, Bokor, Soukri, Aizan, Canzo old and new and all are great bikes. Aizan is very light as well and is meant for xc.

Email Voodoo and when Joe Murray answers you is a pretty good feeling.

Don't hesitate

Man of Faith
    Oct 2011

Help with building up an Aizan

Quote Originally Posted by mintar View Post
    i was thinking of buying a 29er and have seen a voodoo aizan and was wondering if anyone could tell me if voodoo bikes are any good
    So I recently bought this frame (used). Previous owner told me I could mellow the geo a bit by putting a 120 fork up front. Anyone have any experience with that on this frame? Also, thinking about SS for this ride. Got any setup suggestions?
    Thank you!