mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Voodoo Soukri.....Who's got one?

If you have one of these how do you like it? It replaces the Dambala I believe. There are no reviews on this frame so I thought I'd throw the question out there. I'm contemplating buying one this spring.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by swengo86
    If you have one of these how do you like it? It replaces the Dambala I believe. There are no reviews on this frame so I thought I'd throw the question out there. I'm contemplating buying one this spring.
    the Soukri is the same exact geometry as the Dambala, just built a little more heavy-duty so it can be rated for 120mm forks max instead of 100mm max

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    The website doesn't really provide any info on this model

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Yep, got one and really like it. I race XC on it with a -17 stem and an 80 mm fork. It handles great IMHO. Very smooth.

30-ton War Machine
    Had one, great ride, everything else was crap. Drop-outs are a joke, very very flexy, possibly the worst paint I have encountered. Look at Vassago, Singular, and Niner for great steel.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by urbiksux
    Yep, got one and really like it. I race XC on it with a -17 stem and an 80 mm fork. It handles great IMHO. Very smooth.
    I'd probably look to run either 100 or 120mm fork on this bike.....

mtbr member

I have had the opposite...

Quote Originally Posted by edgerat
    Had one, great ride, everything else was crap. Drop-outs are a joke, very very flexy, possibly the worst paint I have encountered. Look at Vassago, Singular, and Niner for great steel.
    experience. No problems with the drop outs, paint looks great and has been durable and the 19in frame I ride is not what I would call flexy. Fwiw, I am 6ft 2in and 245-260 lbs depending on the time of year. Rides nice too.
    EAST COAST
    CLYDESDALE
    DREADLOCKED
    STEEL RIDER

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Setup?

Quote Originally Posted by edouble
    experience. No problems with the drop outs, paint looks great and has been durable and the 19in frame I ride is not what I would call flexy. Fwiw, I am 6ft 2in and 245-260 lbs depending on the time of year. Rides nice too.
    If you wouldn't mind sharing...how do you have it setup? I'm 6'2" as well so I'd be looking to pick up the 19 inch frame and I weigh 200-210 so if you don't have problems with it flexing I doubt I would.....I appreciate your feedback!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by edouble
    Hey E-Double, I'm interested in this frame, too. But I'm slightly put off by the sliding dropouts, as I want to run it geared. Any problems with it in that application? The whole sliding dropout thing is new to me...And I want a quick-handling frame for East Coast riding (almost to the point of being "nervous"). Will the Soukri fit the bill?
    "Caught my first tube this morning....sir!"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by go-pirates
    Hey E-Double, I'm interested in this frame, too. But I'm slightly put off by the sliding dropouts, as I want to run it geared. Any problems with it in that application? The whole sliding dropout thing is new to me...And I want a quick-handling frame for East Coast riding (almost to the point of being "nervous"). Will the Soukri fit the bill?
    FWIW, I plan to use a 100mm fork, so I suppose "nervous" is a relative term.....But I still want crisp handling.....(and no rear dropout drama. (?))
    "Caught my first tube this morning....sir!"

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I seen one of these of Craigslist for $250 and was thinking about it......
    Spinnin' & Grinnin'

mtbr member

damn man, I am so sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by go-pirates View Post
    FWIW, I plan to use a 100mm fork, so I suppose "nervous" is a relative term.....But I still want crisp handling.....(and no rear dropout drama. (?))
    for not responding to this 6 MONTHS AGO. I did not see it until now and even then it was posted on another website. I think the Soukri has excellent handling for east coast trails. Very quick and nimble. Many bikes do not ride well here in my opinion because our trails are tighter and twistier that just about anywhere I have ridden.
    EAST COAST
    CLYDESDALE
    DREADLOCKED
    STEEL RIDER