mtbr member
    Jun 2012

VooDoo Canzo, anyone still ride one?

hey guys,
    Read a bunch about this frame and it's all been pretty positive, minus a couple reports on bad bushings and a cracked rear triangle.

Unfortunately, I can't find any reviews dated after 2010 and there aren't any comparisons against other newer, mainstream frames out there. I'd like to know what the weaknesses are with this design, if it's antiquated, or if I should be looking at something else.

If there are any Canzo riders still out there, do you still love it? And to those who have moved on, why?

The prices of the used ones on the market, it's very hard to resist not trying one.

Team Velveeta™

Live thread about the Canzo:

Quote Originally Posted by brianwon View Post
    ... any Canzo riders still out there, do you still love it? And to those who have moved on, why? ...
    Voodoo Canzo 29er: So what do you get for $750
    Tom Purvis - Salida, CO - http://teamvelveeta.tom-purvis.com

"I like my wimmen like I like my beer--cold and bitter!"

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    still riding mine.. it's fine... The newer frames just shipped out from what I've heard so you should start seeing them back in the usual online market spots...

they did have some issues with the rear triangle welds back in the 2008-2010 models but the newer ones have seem to fix it ( they sent me a whole new bike under Warr when I broke mine)

the new ones have some things diff from what I hear (posted in the thread TomP posted above) like tapered head tube and such...

I still love mine!! beaten the crap out of it and still going!
    here it is at the Bluff Point/Kona NEMBA fest a few weeks ago... OK hidden behind the grill sorta..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VooDoo Canzo, anyone still ride one?-259445_10151168017335917_1192713713_o.jpg  

Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

Team Velveeta™

Good bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by thomllama View Post
    still riding mine.. it's fine...

I still love mine!! beaten the crap out of it and still going! ...
    I had one of the green ones, 2008-2010 (got mine in '09). I didn't own it for long, traded it out for a bike that I wound up hating.

I would have one again. The suspension is just a plain old faux bar (Linkage driven low single pivot), which is looked down upon by some, but I thought it was a great setup. I have a bike I like right now, but if I needed a replacement and cost was an issue, I'd be looking at another Canzo. I like the way Joe designs Voodoos, they ride sweet IMO.
    Tom Purvis - Salida, CO - http://teamvelveeta.tom-purvis.com

"I like my wimmen like I like my beer--cold and bitter!"