Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Took the frame down to the LBS. It took them a while but they found a lower headset cup that fit, not like the one I had that was a smidgen too small.

Cheesiest
    Double post
    Last edited by intheways; 12-07-2012 at 08:22 AM.
    "Paved roads...just another example of needless government spending"—paraphrased from rhino_adv

Cheesiest
    The tolerances must be a little off from normal.
    "Paved roads...just another example of needless government spending"—paraphrased from rhino_adv

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBig View Post
    Thanks Sandwich

I hope the ride is as good as the looks, but since I'm coming from a 100mm travel (RS Tora!) hardtail I don't think I'll be complaining.

Not going to get out on it for another two weeks though which is a bit painful and she wont get a proper test till the end of Sept in Wales, lets hope she holds together...
    How do you like it Jonny? I personally love the Monarch RT3. I have an RP23 on my Yeti and would swap it in a heartbeat if I could afford it. I love being able to flick the switch to the right for steep stuff, keep it in the middle for most things and turn it left and open it up for downhills. I wonder though if the shock would work the same on a different suspension design. But I do love it on the Canzo. I feel they hit a homerun on that one.

agu
    mtbr member
    Headset required is an FSA #57. Tried a "typical" tapered unit and indeed the lower bearing wasn't a perfect fit.

Also, the frame required a 30.0 seatpost. Easy enough to find a shim to upsize a more common 27.2 post.

Built up a size 18 with the following components:

White brothers loop 100
    Shimano PRO cockpit and saddle
    Deore 1x9 drivetrain with MRP 1x guide
    Shimano M629 hubs laced to Velocity Blunt rims
    Maxxis Ignitor front, Ikon rear
    Hygia SLP brakes

Weighs close to 29lbs.

Photos when it gets dirty!

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by agu View Post

Weighs close to 29lbs.

Photos when it gets dirty!
    Before, during and after is best
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

agu
    mtbr member
    Before:

Not the most flattering angle.

Tires have since been swapped to the Maxxis Ignitor/Ikon Combo. And the masking tape on the headbadge has since been removed.

Build turned out having a black/grey/silver/white theme.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Voodoo Canzo 29er: So what do you get for 0-a9ag00mcuaanmxg.jpg-large.jpeg  

agu
    mtbr member

Inaugural Ride

The bike feels quite composed on the trail - the rear end doesn't seem to be as active as I expect it to be. Personally I prefer more progressive rear travel, and with the monarch shock it seems the 2013 Canzo has just that.

The Loop feels like a good match too, and was pretty much set and forget.

Will take this rig to other trails and see how it behaves.

If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Voodoo Canzo 29er: So what do you get for 0-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Have you tried the Floodgate switch to fully open? I've found the suspension to be VERY active on the Monarch RT3 when it's all the way open. I really do like the settings on it. Seems much more real than a Fox air can. Fox seems to be open and kinda closed. The Monarch is open, somewhat soft and 99% closed.

agu
    mtbr member
    I run the RT3 open most of the time. The shock may get more supple as it wears in.

Which means I gotta ride it more!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Freshly built Canzo '13 from scratch, weight 14.2 kg

ht tp://velodom.com.ua/full/71871.jpg

very happy camper

Fork: RST First 29" - cheap but works well
    Wheelset: Easton Heaven
    Headset: Cane Creek ZS 44/28,6 | ZS 56/30
    Handle Bar: Easton Monkey bar EA70
    Stem: Kore
    Brakes: Hayes Stroker Ryde
    Shifters: LX (old stock '03)
    Cables: Goodridge
    Bottom Bracket: Hope (steel bearings)
    Crankset: Deore 22-32-44
    Cassette: HG81 11-28
    Tyres: WTB Wolverine 2.2 foldable

mtbr member
    If you still have your small Canzo, can I ask what the seattube length is center to top to the seat collar? I have emailed Voodoo with this question with no response. The TT length for the small will work for me but the seattube length on the website is ctr-ctr and seems really strange. Thanks for any help.
    And I will cause you to ride on the heights of the land
    Isa 58:1

mtbr member
    Can anyone post a picture of a Small frame built up? I have searched all 23 pages of this thread and cannot find one posted. Preferably a later, 2011-2012 model with the straight TT. Thanks!
    And I will cause you to ride on the heights of the land
    Isa 58:1

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    mine's a small... I'll find the pic's a link back... It's a 2009 or 2010 model (the black frame... the green frame is a 2006 I think)

I ride a med size frame normally (26 or 650B) but honestly they felt small to me, this "small" frame" feels bigger than the med 26'ers thou.. the older frame was longer
    just go to "trailtireTV.blogspot.com" images thru out there
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

Geritol Power

Re: Voodoo Canzo 29er: So what do you get for $750

Quote Originally Posted by riderjtt View Post
    Can anyone post a picture of a Small frame built up? I have searched all 23 pages of this thread and cannot find one posted. Preferably a later, 2011-2012 model with the straight TT. Thanks!
    Im late for work but if you find my photos in this thread my green one is medium and my black one is a small.

the mountian is within
    Nov 2004
    Anyone have a standover figure for a 2013 small frame at either 100mm or 120mm? Thanks in advance!
    i own a bikeshop in WV thetruewheelwv.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Voodoo's website has it at 29.25"/743mm with 100mm fork.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    2011, Size Large.
    2012 Manitou Tower Pro 120mm (tuned)
    9 speed LX drivetrain & shifters, XT rear DR
    BB7's & Speed Dial SL levers
    Blag Flag Pro's with 2 scoops of Stan's
    2.55 (2.3??) Weirwolf LT upfront
    2.3 Slant Six outback
    EC70 seatpost
    EC90 25.4 Handlebar
    ~20 year old 747 SPD's

Comes in just under 28.5 lbs. My first 29'er, first FS, was riding SS and rigid SS prior to this bike. As far as some other posters concerns about the 120mm, I find it works for me. Extra confidence on big rocky AZ drops, and I can lock the front down for any big climbing action. Very fun bike for riding everything from Sedona rocks to Flagstaff flowy-singletrack. I am currently training for some endurance series and will probably drop down to 2.1 Small Blocks or Nano's.
    Last edited by soulospeeder; 11-19-2013 at 11:29 AM.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    looks sweet

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by thomllama View Post
    looks sweet
    Thanks TL, I had an LBS get everything fitted to me as far as stem length & height, seat height & position, handlebar angle & SPD cleats adjusted. Needless to say I feel very comfy on this ride in just about any terrain & conditions.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Yeah. These newer frames look much more compact than the older frames.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I am thinking about grabbing a 2013 frame for my first FS 29er build. After reading this thread my main concern is the 18.25" chainstays. My current hard tail 29er has much shorter CS length. I guess I am worried the Canzo will feel like a tank on the trails I ride compared to my old bike.

Opinions greatly appreciated!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    It does/did for me. Shorter chainstays completely changed the way my bikes since then have handled. I'm now on an enduro 29er, but I had a scott scale as well. Both were much better handlers than the canzo.

Team Livemedium
    i have a 2012 med. canzo. It is awesome and nimble as can be in my opinion. I'd get it again. However Voodoo's usa website has been down for months and other links are broken so I'm not really confident they know whats up. This is a bummer. I would contact
    their uk offices and see what the deal is but there are some red flags for sure. Also not a fan of the green rocker arms. I'd paint them black or something to match your build.
    Keep trying to do the awesomest thing you've ever done.

mtbr member
    For $750, if you're looking for a 29er that will put more smiles on your face than you know what to do with, I strongly suggest taking a peek at the switchback site, they're selling some closeout frames (the one I have) for unexplainable prices. Mine is set up revelation xx, arch ex, and is under 29 lbs with dropper. I don't even look twice at my 21lb carbon hardtail any more. Your be doing yourself a favor at least looking into it.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast