• 06-10-2012
    Ace5high
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by thomllama View Post
    come ride with me... few times over the Bars and you'll be wanting a slacker unit too ;)

    Well and I do agree that if your riding mostly AM or DH the slacker HT angle is great to have but it seems the tendency all of a sudden for FS XC racing rigs is to be the slacker the better... I just don't agree slacker is always better. Besides you cant tell me you didnt love the handling on the pre 2012 Canzo :thumbsup:
  • 06-10-2012
    Dag Nabbit
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by thomllama View Post
    where did yours break?.. My rear tri cracked right at the weld of the cross brace to the non-drive chain stay. :mad: Took a while but Voodoo/BTI did replace the frame for me.. my problem was they didn't have any smalls in stock at the time so it took like 6 months, but I got a whole new frame not just a rear tri or Chain stay unit. :thumbsup:

    Yup, mine broke in the same place but on the drive-side. It came around the weld to the drainage port they put there and onto the other side of the port. It was probably cracked 5/8 of the way round. I only found it because I heard my pivot bolt pop, and was looking to see what the noise was. Wouldn't have found it until it broke otherwise. I bought it used, so I've got no receipt for warranty issues, if possible. I wouldn't mind a new frame, to be sure. I actually got a hold of Joe Murray when looking for the bolt, and he couldn't help me out either with the swingarm, but did get me the bolt that broke that week, free of charge, so that was cool. Just too bad I can't still ride the bike.
  • 06-11-2012
    thomllama
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Dag Nabbit View Post
    Yup, mine broke in the same place but on the drive-side. It came around the weld to the drainage port they put there and onto the other side of the port. It was probably cracked 5/8 of the way round. I only found it because I heard my pivot bolt pop, and was looking to see what the noise was. Wouldn't have found it until it broke otherwise. I bought it used, so I've got no receipt for warranty issues, if possible. I wouldn't mind a new frame, to be sure. I actually got a hold of Joe Murray when looking for the bolt, and he couldn't help me out either with the swingarm, but did get me the bolt that broke that week, free of charge, so that was cool. Just too bad I can't still ride the bike.

    I've talked to a welder, was going to get mine repaired but I got the new one right when I went to do it. Might want to look into that? He was going to cut out the cross bar and replace it with a newer, slightly larger and thicker one. He was pretty confident that it would hold. See if you can find a welder local who does Alum..? at least then it's not headed o the recycling bin...:eekster:
  • 06-11-2012
    Dag Nabbit
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by thomllama View Post
    I've talked to a welder, was going to get mine repaired but I got the new one right when I went to do it. Might want to look into that? He was going to cut out the cross bar and replace it with a newer, slightly larger and thicker one. He was pretty confident that it would hold. See if you can find a welder local who does Alum..? at least then it's not headed o the recycling bin...:eekster:

    My friend gave me the number of his friend that welded his chainstay a few years ago. That crack wasn't on the brace though, but rather a clean break through the middle of the chainstay. I was skeptical about re-welding around the brace so I haven't really pursued it, but maybe I should. Thanks.
  • 06-18-2012
    sandwich
    One of you is certainly a class act:
    Quote:

    Your the dumbass who cant ride good geometry obviously, since the canzo is being used by world class racers, maybe you should have kept on your walgoose joker.
    Sorry tough guy, the Canzo's geo didn't work for me, and it wouldn't for a lot of people (as evidenced by as many manufacturers as possible trying to switch to shorter CS), not to mention the bad shock, bad frame flex, and bad pivot location.

    You keep dreaming your dream fella.
  • 06-18-2012
    thechez
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Ace5high View Post
    Well and I do agree that if your riding mostly AM or DH the slacker HT angle is great to have but it seems the tendency all of a sudden for FS XC racing rigs is to be the slacker the better... I just don't agree slacker is always better. Besides you cant tell me you didnt love the handling on the pre 2012 Canzo :thumbsup:

    Agreed. It's good for some but not for all. Besides, longer forks, shorter stems, etc can help achieve some of those things. I started with a 110mm stem and switched up to a 70 and my Canzo(2011) can tackle anything. I'm not doing 5' drops but I never have.
    What will work for some won't work for others and vice versa. Hopefully everyone finds what suits them. This isn't my only bike but it's as close to a do everything as I have. It's heavier than my other rig but I don't notice it.
  • 08-05-2012
    JonnyBig
    1 Attachment(s)
    My Baby
    Hi all

    After 1 year and 4 months I have finally finished my first 29er, 2x10, full suss machine and I just gotta show someone.

    Took it out for it's first ride yesterday and I'm chuffed.

    She positively floats :)
  • 08-05-2012
    thechez
    Very nicely done, sir! Looks very classy.
  • 08-06-2012
    JonnyBig
    Cheers mate, much appreciated!
  • 08-07-2012
    sandwich
    I didn't love my canzo the way you guys did, but that is a GREAT looking bike.
  • 08-10-2012
    JonnyBig
    Thanks Sandwich

    I hope the ride is as good as the looks, but since I'm coming from a 100mm travel (RS Tora!) hardtail I don't think I'll be complaining.

    Not going to get out on it for another two weeks though which is a bit painful and she wont get a proper test till the end of Sept in Wales, lets hope she holds together...
  • 08-17-2012
    agu
    1 Attachment(s)
    here's the 2013 Canzo...
    Just received a shipment of these frames...some changes from the previous model:

    Tapered headtube
    Different looking rocker
    Different gussets on the seat tube
    Rear shock is a RS Monarch RT3

    Geometry remains the same it seems. Will double check the schematics later this weekend.

    May build one up to demo soon...maybe with a 120mm WB Loop up front.
  • 08-17-2012
    Dag Nabbit
    Did you happen to get any swing arms too? That's what I need.
  • 08-17-2012
    steezy.steve23
    I gotta admit, I'm a little disappointed. I was kinda hoping for something new like the floating pivot that the Zobop has or some other major change. The longer shock stroke should help though, and the option to run a tapered fork is nice (fox 34 would be fun).
  • 08-17-2012
    Trooper46
    how much are these 2013s going for? $750 or has the cost gone up?
  • 08-21-2012
    agu
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Dag Nabbit View Post
    Did you happen to get any swing arms too? That's what I need.

    Sorry, all we have are frames. Hopefully the US distributor (BTI?) can help you out. Wonder if the 2013 swingarm will fit the older Canzo?

    With regards to VPP/Zobop-like suspension I did hear that they are working on a prototype called the Z29...

    So my opinion is that they Canzo remains as the XC/100mm rear travel/"faux-bar" FS, while the "Z29" may be a trail/120mm rear travel/VPP-style.

    I've seen some Canzos running a 120mm fork with no problems.
  • 08-21-2012
    Dag Nabbit
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by agu View Post
    Sorry, all we have are frames. Hopefully the US distributor (BTI?) can help you out. Wonder if the 2013 swingarm will fit the older Canzo?

    BTI was expecting them in August. I haven't heard yet. The rep said they are supposed to be compatible with pre-2012 Canzos, and they're stronger too. I hope so anyway. I only rode mine for about 2k miles before it cracked.
  • 08-22-2012
    TomP
    high and mighty
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by agu View Post
    ... I've seen some Canzos running a 120mm fork with no problems.

    Unless they've changed the geometry I would take that tact with caution. My Canzo was awesome, but it had a really high bottom bracket compared to other bikes I've owned. After I adjusted to it I enjoyed it quite a bit, but it was a bit of a shocker at first. Wouldn't want it any higher, which would be one of the effects of a longer travel fjork.

    Since the HT angle is on the steep side, a bit of height-induced slackening would be OK, but I think the BB height would be potentially troublesome.
  • 09-24-2012
    xjbaylor
    I haven't posted here in 1.5 years, but just figured I should check back in. I have been riding on the road and running marathons, so I was off the mountain bikes for over a year.
    As for the Canzo, only a couple of small changes. I am now running a SRAM X.0 shifter and rear derailleur, still with the same 1x9 setup. Other than that this thing has been solid.

    http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1348493810
  • 09-30-2012
    intheways
    Anyone built up a 2013 yet?
  • 10-21-2012
    xjbaylor
    A few more changes since my post 3 weeks ago. The most obvious change is the Lefty, which I just installed today. I will provide a report as soon as I can get it out on the trails, which unfortunately will have to wait until after the NYC Marathon on Nov 4th. The new front wheel is a Project 321 hub laced to Arch EX rims. I took the Syntace Hiflex seatpost out of my parts bin, along with the New Ultimate stem. That will probably migrate back to a road bike, as I don't see the need for a 106g stem on a 27 lb. bike. The new cage (Arundel SS) replaces the rib cage, which works terribly in a smaller triangle.

    http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...anzo-lefty.jpg

    http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...efty-close.jpg

    http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...ty-head-on.jpg
  • 10-21-2012
    thechez
    I'm glad to see that Cannondale still realizes the necessity for the shock boot. Good looking bike!
  • 10-22-2012
    xjbaylor
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by thechez View Post
    I'm glad to see that Cannondale still realizes the necessity for the shock boot. Good looking bike!

    Funny that you should say that. For 2013 the Lefty no longer features a shock boot but uses a bushing to hold the oil and a plastic guard to protect the slider.
  • 11-24-2012
    JP...
    The missus just got me a 2013 Voodoo Canzo for (early) xmas. It has the tapered headtube, and the headset that goes with it (which she was told by the site she bought it off) doesn't fit correctly. It is semi integrated and tapered, and the top 1 1/8th bearing cup fits in snugly, but the lower 1.5" cup and bearing slide in with no resistance and then has a slight bit of play. This isn't normal is it? Only ever having 1 1/8th headtubes before all the headsets have needed to be pressed in. Is the lower cup and bearing meant to have slight movement or should the fit be snug with the only rotation being that of the bearing?
  • 11-24-2012
    thomllama
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by JP... View Post
    The missus just got me a 2013 Voodoo Canzo for (early) xmas. It has the tapered headtube, and the headset that goes with it (which she was told by the site she bought it off) doesn't fit correctly. It is semi integrated and tapered, and the top 1 1/8th bearing cup fits in snugly, but the lower 1.5" cup and bearing slide in with no resistance and then has a slight bit of play. This isn't normal is it? Only ever having 1 1/8th headtubes before all the headsets have needed to be pressed in. Is the lower cup and bearing meant to have slight movement or should the fit be snug with the only rotation being that of the bearing?

    nuttin should move but the bearings inner race

    got pics... Haven't played with the tapered Voodoo but they have always been full press in style headsets.. no semi anythings....