Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    trail rat
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace5high View Post
    I honestly cannot vouch for a 2007 or 2009 frames or anything other than the 2011. It actually sounds like Voodoo did make several Geo changes throughout these past few years.
    Yes they did.
    Code:
    	        2007	2009
    Size		L/20	L/20
    S/T C-T		20	20
    S/T C-C		17.5	15.6
    T/T Virtual	24.25	24.5
    BB Drop		40mm	32mm
    BB Height	12.75	13.3
    C/S Length	17.9	18.3
    S/T Angle	73	74
    H/T Angle	72.5	72
    A/C          	505mm	500mm
    H/T Height	120	130
    Travel		4 in	4 in
    STAND		n/a	32.25
    Wheelbase	42.6	45.4
    2011 is the same as 2009 tht I see.

CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

melon farmer

thanks

Thanks to everyone for the frame sizing help. I ended up with the 18" frame running a 400mm post and an 80mm stem. Feels right so far. Damn glad I didnt go for the 20" frame as standover is not great already.

A side note: the (cheap) 400mm Ragley Spike seatpost I bought is about 20mm shorter than a 410mm thomson post.. weird. Looks like Thomson measures from centre of seat rail clamp to the end of the post, while Ragley measure from very top of post to very bottom. I could use about 5-10mm more post.. bugger.

mtbr member
    Supposed to be updating this frame for 2012. I understand that it will have a tapered head tube. not sure what else. Probably a they axle 142x12 on the rear too.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I don't know if I would trust those published Canzo specs. I had a green one and now the black model. I know for a fact that my green one did not have 17.9 inch chainstays. I measured them and they were 18.25.
    As far as standover is concerned, it is hard to have a full suspension bike with a high BB and 4 plus inches of travel and large tires to take advantage of the bike's intended purpose, without compromising standover clearance.

mtbr member
    Does anyone know of anyone that has a 20" frame available? BTI lists them as sold out and I can't find any online.

Thanks

trail rat
    Quote Originally Posted by richwolf View Post
    I don't know if I would trust those published Canzo specs. I had a green one and now the black model. I know for a fact that my green one did not have 17.9 inch chainstays. I measured them and they were 18.25.
    As far as standover is concerned, it is hard to have a full suspension bike with a high BB and 4 plus inches of travel and large tires to take advantage of the bike's intended purpose, without compromising standover clearance.
    The 2007 measurements were directly from my large (broken after 22 months - geo specs were gone from the Voodoo site), and the 2009 were also taken from my large, and were per specs (within a 4 mm at least). I did not measure standover on either.

What I would like to see is the the new reach and stack measurements were on the bikes, but the rear triangle is gone from the 2007 and the 2009 was taken apart to build a hard tail. I'd trade it for a 2007 green large in an instant, or it may be for sale soon.
    CCCMB web - Facebook

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    OK, there has always been one issue with my Voodoo Canzo bike that was kinda annoying. With the Small frames the bottle cage holes are set too far up on the down tube to be of any use. even the smaller bottles don't fit and rub the cap on the top tube... Had the same issue with the old Green Canzo too

well, hmmm was reading about home brewed "carbon fiber lay-up" I thought to myself.... "why not COTTON fiber" OK, I don't have any carbon fiber, or even the resins to do it. but then, (guessing the pain killers i've been taking for a foot injury might be helping in my thought processes here ) why not move the mounting bracket for the bottle cage up the thing and glue it in place with a few layers of something to hold it there...

Well, I had Gorilla Glue, some old tee shirt rags... and nothing else to do...

So,.. cut off the bracket...

sanded and reglued it in place....

took a piece of tee shirt and using a putty knife forced the glue into the fabric and wrapped it around the whole thing...

waited a few hours and did another wrap, let it dry and painted it after a tad of trimming with a knife...

So,... will my drug induced idea work? will it hold? *what do you think?
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Let us know if your COTTON fiber works out. That is a crazy idea.

Slocaus - somebody has a green canzo for sale in the classifieds.
    classifieds.mtbr com/showproduct.php?product=67598&title=voodoo-canzo&cat=38

i cant post links...

Plan #123-D
    I'm also going to plug the Canzo for sale here on the classifieds. I've purchased from the seller before and the items have always been in great condition. If it were a small, I'd pick it up in a heartbeat as it comes with some decent parts and a nice price. And repped you for the homebrewed cage! As a small frame rider myself, I'll be really interested if this works....
    C'mon lets go for a whirl.

~Reformed Mechanic~
    Lol ... I think those pain killa's may have made you a bit too ambitious and a bit too inpatient. I would have picked up some resin at the very least but maybe this will work, good luck

trail rat
    Thanks @wadwthegiant
    CCCMB web - Facebook

small member
    Jun 2006
    Nice handy work!
    Personally I would have tried a side entry cage, but more power(tools) to you!

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge View Post
    Nice handy work!
    Personally I would have tried a side entry cage, but more power(tools) to you!
    ya, looked at those, but they have generally the same bolt-to-shoe length, which makes the bottle still to long

this was just for the kicks of it, now that I got placement and such I'll probably get a nicer steel one and have it welded ...
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    well, it worked pretty darn well I got to say!. I rode a nasty a$$ rooty, bouncy, washboard-y trail and the bottle didn't move... The Gorilla Glue has that foamy texture when it expands and drys that actually grips the bottle really good!!

(now how long it'll last,?...... well that's another story!!)

~Reformed Mechanic~
    Quote Originally Posted by thomllama View Post
    well, it worked pretty darn well I got to say!. I rode a nasty a$$ rooty, bouncy, washboard-y trail and the bottle didn't move... The Gorilla Glue has that foamy texture when it expands and drys that actually grips the bottle really good!!

(now how long it'll last,?...... well that's another story!!)
    Glad it worked out for you

Just wondering, have you ever had that front brake cable ripped off your bike?

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace5high View Post
    Glad it worked out for you

Just wondering, have you ever had that front brake cable ripped off your bike?
    not on this bike, but I have seen a hydro torn off, reason I keep the BB7's

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Ok I just placed the order for a new Canzo. What offset forks are people running on the 2009+ frames, I have a 44mm and 51mm offset Fox F29's available. They are both 100mm, which one would work best?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    where are most people getting this frame? I've been updating my HT and have leftover parts all over the place so I'm thinking of just putting my extra's on this frame for a FS bike or if my main bike it down I still have something to ride.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Triaxtremec View Post
    where are most people getting this frame? I've been updating my HT and have leftover parts all over the place so I'm thinking of just putting my extra's on this frame for a FS bike or if my main bike it down I still have something to ride.
    mostly mail order,.. do a google search and find the place that's closest to you or has the best price...

Outside outfitters, Cambria Bike and Tree fort bikes are the first three that come up for me that I would consider nice trusted places to order from.

mtbr member
    Tree fort is a good place to go and very fast shipping. (no affiliation)

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Triaxtremec View Post
    I had my local shop order mine from BTI - Unfortunately it was the last one in stock.

mtbr member
    One reason may be that for 2012 it's getting changed...

~Reformed Mechanic~
    Outside Outfitters was like $670 shipped for me, was very happy

small member
    Jun 2006
    Does anyone here save the older green canzo geometry? looking for the numbers on the 16" size...
    Thanks!

trail rat
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge View Post
    Does anyone here save the older green canzo geometry? looking for the numbers on the 16" size...
    Thanks!
    Older? Here is what the 07-08 had, they changed it in 09.
    CCCMB web - Facebook

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast