Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Here is my Voodoo Canzo 29er. I think I am done tweaking everything. Just ready to get some riding in!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Voodoo Canzo 29er: So what do you get for 0-img_3014.jpg  

Voodoo Canzo 29er: So what do you get for 0-img_3015.jpg  

mtbr member

2010 frame?

xjbaylor and EVERYUSERNAMEISTAKEN,

What year model frames do you have?

I just bought what was supposed to be a 2010 frame, but it is the same frame as both of yours, with the straight flat top tube and the monarch RT3.

All the pictures of 2010 frames I can find (including the latest on the voodoo site, which may be a 2011), show the cable guides on top of the top tube and the extra top tube reinforcement.

I will build it up this week with a Talas 95-120mm fork and X0 / X9 running gear then post some pictures.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Magilla_Guerrilla
    xjbaylor and EVERYUSERNAMEISTAKEN,

What year model frames do you have?

I just bought what was supposed to be a 2010 frame, but it is the same frame as both of yours, with the straight flat top tube and the monarch RT3.

All the pictures of 2010 frames I can find (including the latest on the voodoo site, which may be a 2011), show the cable guides on top of the top tube and the extra top tube reinforcement.

I will build it up this week with a Talas 95-120mm fork and X0 / X9 running gear then post some pictures.
    That's the 2010-2011 frame with the rock shock RT3 shock. The shock has only been out since late 2009- early 2010 it replaced the Monarch line of shocks
    Last edited by thomllama; 02-28-2011 at 03:42 AM.
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Great thanks!

So I'm guessing there has been a new frame released since that one? The official voodoo site shows a different frame:

http://www.voodoocycles.net/canzo29.htm

I am actually very happy because I ordered the frame believing I would receive the frame pictured in the link above. I almost didn't order it due to the cable guides on the upper of the top tube. Not a fan of that, but the value can't be beaten, so I ordered it. Imagine my joy when I unpacked it today and saw the guides under the top tube! Plus on top of that, a better shock

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Magilla_Guerrilla
    Great thanks!

So I'm guessing there has been a new frame released since that one? The official voodoo site shows a different frame:

http://www.voodoocycles.net/canzo29.htm

I am actually very happy because I ordered the frame believing I would receive the frame pictured in the link above. I almost didn't order it due to the cable guides on the upper of the top tube. Not a fan of that, but the value can't be beaten, so I ordered it. Imagine my joy when I unpacked it today and saw the guides under the top tube! Plus on top of that, a better shock
    ya, they really need to update their web site,... if you click on the "enlarge" it'll show the older (2008?) green frame too...
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    hey, there is one good update, they now have torque specs on all the suspension joint bolts...
    http://www.voodoocycles.net/CanzoPivotSpec.pdf

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thomllama
    hey, there is one good update, they now have torque specs on all the suspension joint bolts...
    http://www.voodoocycles.net/CanzoPivotSpec.pdf
    On an interesting note, I emailed Voodoo asking for that exact thing this morning. And that story comes with a warning...

Be careful to check all of your suspension bolts for threadlocker and correct torque. My bike only has 50-75 miles on it, and I had a main pivot bolt actually fall out. It was hard to believe since I checked to make sure the bolts were tight after each ride, and my last ride was only about 10 miles.

When I realized the bolt was gone (cancelling a ride after driving 4 hours) I pulled the other pivot bolt and realized it had no Loctite on it. Voodoo has already offered to send new bolts at no charge, and this weekend I will be checking every bolt, and adding threadlock where needed.

The good news is, with the exception of a superficial chunk or metal missing from the frame mount for the rocker, nothing seems to be wrong, and the bike finished the ride just fine (however long that was.)
    Voodoo Canzo 29er (sporting a Lefty) + Raleigh XXIX SS + Traitor Crusade SSCX + Lapierre Xelius XDJ

mtbr member
    I could be completely showing my ignorance with this question but I figured I would ask anyway and take the beatings...

Do the torque specs for the Canzo seem really low to anyone?

When I first got my frame they didn't have any specs posted on their page so I emailed Voodoo and received a response saying that all of the bolts should be tightened within a range of 8-10 ft/lb of torque. That made a lot more sense to me because 8 ft/lb is 10.8 nm and 10 ft/lb is 13.5 nm.

One of the bolts on my other bikes is required to be torqued to 23 nm. I fully realize that every bike is designed differently and therefore torque settings will not be the same but again I just thought that the specs posted from Voodoo seemed really low.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by EVERYUSERNAMEISTAKEN; 02-28-2011 at 06:49 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EVERYUSERNAMEISTAKEN
    I could be completely showing my ignorance with this question but I figured I would ask anyway and take the beatings...

Do the torque specs for the Canzo not seem really low to anyone?

When I first got my frame they didn't have any specs posted on their page so I emailed Voodoo and received a response saying that all of the bolts should be tightened within a range of 8-10 ft/lb of torque. That made a lot more sense to me because 8 ft/lb is 10.8 nm and 10 ft/lb is 13.5 nm.

One of the bolts on my other bikes is required to be torqued to 23 nm. I fully realize that every bike is designed differently and therefore torque settings will not be the same but again I just thought that the specs posted from Voodoo seemed really low.

Any thoughts?
    I just sent a similar email to Voodoo, I will let you know what I hear back. According to that, my carbon bars are torqued 10x more than my main pivot bolts.

Nice catch.
    Voodoo Canzo 29er (sporting a Lefty) + Raleigh XXIX SS + Traitor Crusade SSCX + Lapierre Xelius XDJ

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by xjbaylor
    I just sent a similar email to Voodoo, I will let you know what I hear back. According to that, my carbon bars are torqued 10x more than my main pivot bolts.

Nice catch.
    Thanks xjbaylor. Looking forward to seeing what the response is from Voodoo.

Trail Tire TV on blogger

Nice catch.
    well that makes sense... sorta

most stems are around 5-6 Nm do to the force during use is trying to open the securing joint

Suspension joints, the force isn't trying to open the joint but instead it's trying to actually bend the bolt, needing less force to hold it in place but requiring a stronger bolt.....

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    well that makes sense... sorta

most stems are around 5-6 Nm do to the force during use is trying to open the securing joint

Suspension joints, the force isn't trying to open the joint but instead it's trying to actually bend the bolt, needing less force to hold it in place but requiring a stronger bolt.....
    That is a good point. My thought was that, on the main pivot bolt at least, the suspension is rotating around that bolt. This exerts forces similar to someone attempting to unscrew the bolt. Granted it is mounted to a bearing, which keeps those forces from effecting the bolt as they would were it not there. On top of that, the rotational arc is minimal, and always returns to the point where it started, so the "unscrewing" effect is minimal.

Your observation makes more sense, but that is what went through my head.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    That is a good point. My thought was that, on the main pivot bolt at least, the suspension is rotating around that bolt. This exerts forces similar to someone attempting to unscrew the bolt. Granted it is mounted to a bearing, which keeps those forces from effecting the bolt as they would were it not there. On top of that, the rotational arc is minimal, and always returns to the point where it started, so the "unscrewing" effect is minimal.

Your observation makes more sense, but that is what went through my head.
    this is kinda a cool discussion,..

on the Main pivot, (down by the bottom bracket) what you are thinking doesn't really happen because the bolts go into a spindle that rotates with them, for one bolt to loosen the other side has to tighten...

there is one spot where what you are thinking does happen though, the large pivot on the rocker arm. I used to have issues with the one on the left side coming loose pretty regularly. Happened a lot on the older green (2008) frame, hasn't happened yet to the new black (2010) frame..

never had it come off or anything, just would creak really bad when loose.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Sorry, I guess I was using the wrong term, but the large pivot on the rocker arm is what I was referring to. As I said, I checked the bolt before I went for a 10+ mile ride and it was fine. By the time I got ready for my next ride this is what I found.

At the 2 o'clock position you can see where the bolt shaved some of the metal off, but luckily it barely caught any of the threads, so the bolts should thread back in normally with full engagement.

Unfortunately Voodoo doesn't have any in stock, so unless I can find one elsewhere I am SS only for a while. Probably best since I need to get my road mileage up for the MS150.

this is kinda a cool discussion,..

on the Main pivot, (down by the bottom bracket) what you are thinking doesn't really happen because the bolts go into a spindle that rotates with them, for one bolt to loosen the other side has to tighten...

there is one spot where what you are thinking does happen though, the large pivot on the rocker arm. I used to have issues with the one on the left side coming loose pretty regularly. Happened a lot on the older green (2008) frame, hasn't happened yet to the new black (2010) frame..

never had it come off or anything, just would creak really bad when loose.

trail rat
    Unfortunately Voodoo doesn't have any in stock, so unless I can find one elsewhere I am SS only for a while. Probably best since I need to get my road mileage up for the MS150.
    Shoot me a PM with your address. I broke my 2007 frame and got a 2009 replacement. I have the bolts you need from the 2007. I already gave the rear triangle to another MTBR rider to keep his bike going. I can get them in the mail to you tomorrow.
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by slocaus
    Shoot me a PM with your address. I broke my 2007 frame and got a 2009 replacement. I have the bolts you need from the 2007. I already gave the rear triangle to another MTBR rider to keep his bike going. I can get them in the mail to you tomorrow.
    I already sent him one, but glad there are others on here willing to help out... we might have to start a "voodoo Canzo Swap Meet"

29ering
    Jan 2011
    Is the $750 a complete bike or just the frame?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeGrazing
    Just the frame. A complete build could be done for as little as $1500 or so, but a typical build will probably average $2250-$2500.

trail rat
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeGrazing
    WINNER!!!! Silly question of the day.

Frame price in 2007, it has gone up since then to buy new.
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slocaus
    WINNER!!!! Silly question of the day.

Frame price in 2007, it has gone up since then to buy new.
    it's about 775 now

mtbr member
    I Just found a Canzo for a buddy of mine for 650 including Tax. It was ordered from the LBS and was a new 2010.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunburst576
    I Just found a Canzo for a buddy of mine for 650 including Tax. It was ordered from the LBS and was a new 2010.
    That is a solid price, your friend owes you a beer.

mtbr member
    I do owe him a beer!!! I will take care of that after our first trail ride this year!!! Does someone have a cure for SNOW????
    "Addicted to 29" Wheels!!"

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by jasodavi35
    ......... Does someone have a cure for SNOW????

move SOUTH!!! god I wish I could have stayed in Fla!! it was soo nice there, and warm.... and now I'm stuck in New England

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I already sent him one, but glad there are others on here willing to help out... we might have to start a "voodoo Canzo Swap Meet"
    Huge thanks to thomllama, my bike is up and running. It wasn't as easy as I'd hope to get it that way, but I will explain more on that later.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast