mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Vassago VerHauen?

I know Vassago is on a lot of people's sh1t list right now because of what happened over the past summer so let's please leave that out of this.

I was wondering if anyone had any time on the VerHauen and what they think of it? I am looking at one as a possible upgrade for my Peace 9r SS and it ticks all the boxes. Of special interest is the ability to run a 2.55 tire out back, this will do winter duty as a fat front bike, as well as the ability to run it as a 1x if so desired, for when I get all wimpy riding SS in the snow.
    How is the build quality?
    Who built the frames for Vassago?
    How flexy is the frame? I'm a clyde and while not rough I do mash when tired and can be pretty unsmooth at times as well.

Any help would be appreciated!
    2011 Quiring 29er Steel Hardtail
    2009 Gt Peace 9'R SS
    2009 Surly Cross Check
    1997 GT Zaskar
    1985 Raleigh Elkhorn SS

mtbr member
    May 2009

Did you get it?

Zaskar,
    Did you get the frame listed on eBay? I was eyeballing it and saw that someone snagged it on the second listing.

mtbr member
    I was watching those listings as well. If I had either the need or the cash I would have jumped on the first listing.
    A little birdy told me that the frame was made by the same outfit that does the Spot brand frames in CO. Bet it's a nice ride if that's the case.
    Cheers,
    M

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by TBMD9er View Post
    Zaskar,
    Did you get the frame listed on eBay? I was eyeballing it and saw that someone snagged it on the second listing.
    I was watching it but let it get away. Looked like a nice price but if my clyde rear broke the frame what would I get for a warranty replacement since it is unsure if anymore of these will be built. I"ll keep looking and probably buy a new wheelset, or at least rear wheel for the Peace.

Thanks for the answer on the frame manufacturer idaz.
    2011 Quiring 29er Steel Hardtail
    2009 Gt Peace 9'R SS
    2009 Surly Cross Check
    1997 GT Zaskar
    1985 Raleigh Elkhorn SS

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by idaz View Post
    I was watching those listings as well. If I had either the need or the cash I would have jumped on the first listing.
    A little birdy told me that the frame was made by the same outfit that does the Spot brand frames in CO. Bet it's a nice ride if that's the case.
    Cheers,
    M
    Your little birdy is correct but unfortunately my little birdy told me Spot played the "trump card" and squashed production of the Black Label frames so don't plan on seeing another run of these anytime soon.