Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2011

Vassago is back!

vassagocycles - Home

Looks like some promising new frames, including a new Bander, a TI, and a new steel frame. The Jabber is still the same, but I'm guessing an overhaul will happen in the near future.

I let go of my Jabber when the company went down, and have regretted ever since, so I'm pretty stoked that they're back! Hopefully the new owners know what they're doing this time around, and will keep the company around for a long time to come.
    Last edited by goldenaustin; 11-13-2012 at 02:58 PM.

mtbr member

love it!

I have two... the jabber and the bander.

Best riding bikes I have ever been on.

Welcome back!
    My bike is heavier than yours - it does not have Carbon or Titanium parts - I love it!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    oh forgot to mention, I have a new old stock Jabber arriving tomorrow! So I'm back as well.

Figured it'll tidy me over until I decide which direction I want to go with as far as the new frames are concerned.

mtbr member
    awesome!

now to beat my head between a Bander and a El Mar!
    2012 Airborne Guardian.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Anyone seen the Fisticuff??

I don't use facebook has anyone seem the 2013 Fisticuff?
    29er you just know when ur ready!!!!

mtbr member
    I miss my Jabber. I wish I never sold it. Anyone want to trade a 20" 2009 El Mariachi (3 months old. I got it as new old stock) for a 20" Jabber? The El Mariachi is basically brand new. It's got about 300 miles on it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenaustin View Post
    oh forgot to mention, I have a new old stock Jabber arriving tomorrow! So I'm back as well.

Figured it'll tidy me over until I decide which direction I want to go with as far as the new frames are concerned.
    Now you are making me feel bad, hope I didn't twist your arm!

She's a absolute blast to ride.
    Pedal through it!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gsteitz View Post
    Now you are making me feel bad, hope I didn't twist your arm!

She's a absolute blast to ride.
    Haha, nope not at all. Still glad it she went to a good home! I got a great deal on the Jabber that's coming in tomorrow, so it ended up being a wash. At least I was able to try out a few frames since then, which has made me really appreciate the Jabber's distinct geometry.

Disabled Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Weinerts View Post
    I have two... the jabber and the bander.

Best riding bikes I have ever been on.

Welcome back!
    +2,xcept that I hadda sell the Jabber in the Spring to finance the Xtracycle buildup...missed it ever since,now I gots another chance
    '96 Specialized Hard Rock
    '11 Origin 8 700CX
    '13 On One Inbred
    '14 Surly Troll

mtbr member
    Yeah someone posted in the 'Let's see those Jabbas' thread which informed me that the site was back up.

Goldenaustin: We both own an EMD, and now a Jabba! I have a Moondust 2011 EMD and an Army Green 2011 Jabba! What do you have?

Sidenote - For such a popular brand, it's pretty strange that there is not a Vassago section under Manufacturers. Mods - How about it?
    Current Stable: 2011 Niner EMD, 2011 Vassago Jabba

mtbr member
    I know it's totally unnecessary, but I really want one of those classy head badges. Does that "buy now" link work for anyone else?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jsqueri View Post
    I know it's totally unnecessary, but I really want one of those classy head badges. Does that "buy now" link work for anyone else?
    Nope...not working for me either.

While looking around the dealers section, Trails Edge in MI have a Jabba they put together with a copper head badge

Project bike gallery

Would look amazing on my green Jabba!

Robtre
    I want a VerHauen ! I think most of my parts will be transferrable from my Jabber?
    -rides bikes for fun.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by robtre View Post
    I want a VerHauen ! I think most of my parts will be transferrable from my Jabber?
    I just picked up a first generation Ver Hauen and everything that was on my Jabber transferred right over. Only needed to by the headset.
    It's a great ride. Smooth and stable and just a bit more playful than the Jabber that preceded it.
    Cheers,
    M

Now broadcasting from CO
    Good to hear these folks are back at it. I still love my Jabber, which has been in service for 4 years now. I'll replace it when it breaks, and not before, unless I magically come into some spare money.
    Brought to you by rocks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Niner_Boy View Post
    Sidenote - For such a popular brand, it's pretty strange that there is not a Vassago section under Manufacturers. Mods - How about it?
    This has nothing to do with the mods. All the manufacturers who have a forum are a sponsor in some way or another.

Not a Barry supporter.
    The Jabber has been my main ride since Feb 2007. I still love it! Picked up a Salsa SF last Christmas time and it's fun and all but the Jabber is still my fav! Glad to see their back so if this one fails, I can get another.
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Contact them directly. Tom has been very helpful and very responsive with my questions. He mentioned that they're still working out the website kinks. Yeah the head badges are pretty cool.

mtbr member
    Contact them directly. Tom has been very helpful and very responsive with my questions. He mentioned that they're still working out the website kinks. Yeah the head badges are pretty cool.
    Thanks. I might.

For such a popular brand, it's pretty strange that there is not a Vassago section under Manufacturers
    I don't think I'd ever call Vassago popular.

mtbr member
    It's true that their reputation suffered when they went under, but I'm pretty sure that Tom and the team are working very hard to change that.

The company wouldn't have been bought out if it was a lost cause...just broken up and claimed as a tax write off.

Disabled Vet
    Well....you knew about them Popular doesn't always mean well liked

That said,I'm sure hoping to catch up with Buzz29 around tax time adn get my Jabber back on,miss mine horribly
    '11 Origin 8 700CX
    '13 On One Inbred
    '14 Surly Troll

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Maybe Vassago, as a company (orginal owners) wasn't "popular" or "well liked", but their bike frames certainly were.

mtbr member
    I didn't mean to say the brand/bike wasn't well liked. I really don't know what happened with the old owner. I just meant it isn't known by that many people. Everyone knows spec and trek and giant, but the turners and misfits and vassagos- not so much.

And, yes I know about them, but I also spend way too much time lurking on bicycle forums.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Sweet! My jabber and bander are serving me well.I can't wait what they have to offer next year..looking forward to it!

Disabled Vet
    I didn't mean to say the brand/bike wasn't well liked. I really don't know what happened with the old owner. I just meant it isn't known by that many people. Everyone knows spec and trek and giant, but the turners and misfits and vassagos- not so much.

And, yes I know about them, but I also spend way too much time lurking on bicycle forums.
    That's my point...I think you'd be hardpressed to find many people who haven't heard of them,beCAUSE we as a species seem to flock to the inet,LOL! I've met elderly hikers on trail that said they'd heard the name Vassago and thought it "neato" to see one-of course,this is just my region,but since there isn't a Vassago dealer close...
    '11 Origin 8 700CX
    '13 On One Inbred
    '14 Surly Troll

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast