Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Bro Mountainbiker
    Nice bikes. Like the new bander even though those seat stays are fugly.

I want a super stiff race frame in Wet Cat geometry. Auminum or carbon... My jabber and bander arent exactly race material.
    Raised in a Chicken-Coop by Chickens

the mountian is within
    Nov 2004

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by longhaultrucker View Post
    That's my point...I think you'd be hardpressed to find many people who haven't heard of them,beCAUSE we as a species seem to flock to the inet,LOL! I've met elderly hikers on trail that said they'd heard the name Vassago and thought it "neato" to see one-of course,this is just my region,but since there isn't a Vassago dealer close...
    I'm close enough Primo dealer this time! I just built a Jabber 1x10 in the tan-doing gold cable and hydo lines....will put up photo when I do the hydo lines-still playing with the set up. The headbages are very nice....will photo that too! The new stuff coming will kill ya Steve...amazing things soon!

Bz
    i own a bikeshop in WV thetruewheelwv.com

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenaustin View Post
    vassagocycles - Home

Looks like some promising new frames, including a new Bander, a TI, and a new steel frame. The Jabber is still the same, but I'm guessing an overhaul will happen in the near future.

I let go of my Jabber when the company went down, and have regretted ever since, so I'm pretty stoked that they're back! Hopefully the new owners know what they're doing this time around, and will keep the company around for a long time to come.

I have a jabber and love it. Welcome back

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_America1976 View Post
    This has nothing to do with the mods. All the manufacturers who have a forum are a sponsor in some way or another.
    Ahh...didn't know that. Thanks for the info.
    Current Stable: 2011 Niner EMD, 2011 Vassago Jabba

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 29buzz View Post
    I'm close enough Primo dealer this time! I just built a Jabber 1x10 in the tan-doing gold cable and hydo lines....will put up photo when I do the hydo lines-still playing with the set up. The headbages are very nice....will photo that too! The new stuff coming will kill ya Steve...amazing things soon!

Bz
    Please post pics! I got a Tan Jab and even though I am running it SS, am struggling with what colorways to use when uprgrading/blinging it out. It's hard to find pics of tan bikes period. Right now from the parts bin it's black on tan with hints of red. For some reason I can't post a pic right now but its on the jabber thread-last page.
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

the mountian is within
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cstem View Post
    Please post pics! I got a Tan Jab and even though I am running it SS, am struggling with what colorways to use when uprgrading/blinging it out. It's hard to find pics of tan bikes period. Right now from the parts bin it's black on tan with hints of red. For some reason I can't post a pic right now but its on the jabber thread-last page.
    Not able to fgureout he photo thing....but on my FB...I have pics it is bz truewheel
    i own a bikeshop in WV thetruewheelwv.com

singletrack bound
    I came across my Jabber years ago from a friend who built it up so he could tear down his custom steel hardtail to go to paint. He finished it up and didn't even ride it. He brought it over from out of town and left it with me and he never got it back.
    I rode it for about three years and unfortunately I cracked the weld on the seat tube BB interface during the "Black Friday" fiasco so I was not sure what to do. I immediately picked up an El Mar and built it up and rode it for a few months and was about to toss the Jabber into the recycle bin when a frame builder buddy of mine said to bring it over and he would take a look at it. Here it is after the repair and powdercoat. I am so stoked I didn't toss this bike! since this photo I have upgraded the seatpost and headset.
    I am currently splitting time on both, of course the Jabber is SS and my El Mar is 1x10.
    (2) 29er's are better than (1) in my book!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vassago is back!-red-jabber-iii.jpg  

Sorrel Seeker !!

jct
    mtbr member
    glad to hear that the company is coming back. i'm sure Tom will do it right.

i love my jabber.

mtbr member
    My Chupa is killin' it! Good to know you guys are rolling again.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone No Balone View Post
    I came across my Jabber years ago from a friend who built it up so he could tear down his custom steel hardtail to go to paint. He finished it up and didn't even ride it. He brought it over from out of town and left it with me and he never got it back.
    I rode it for about three years and unfortunately I cracked the weld on the seat tube BB interface during the "Black Friday" fiasco so I was not sure what to do. I immediately picked up an El Mar and built it up and rode it for a few months and was about to toss the Jabber into the recycle bin when a frame builder buddy of mine said to bring it over and he would take a look at it. Here it is after the repair and powdercoat. I am so stoked I didn't toss this bike! since this photo I have upgraded the seatpost and headset.
    I am currently splitting time on both, of course the Jabber is SS and my El Mar is 1x10.
    (2) 29er's are better than (1) in my book!
    Cool story, bro! (sorry had to do it). Nice unique build! The El Mar was the other frame I considered, but decided to go back to the trusty Jabber. Since you've already had a lot of saddle time on both, can you give us a quick comparison of the two, and the obligatory, if you had to choose one (ignoring the gears/SS), which one would it be?

singletrack bound
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenaustin View Post
    Cool story, bro! (sorry had to do it). Nice unique build! The El Mar was the other frame I considered, but decided to go back to the trusty Jabber. Since you've already had a lot of saddle time on both, can you give us a quick comparison of the two, and the obligatory, if you had to choose one (ignoring the gears/SS), which one would it be?
    I have really become fond of my El Mar just a tad shorter wheelbase and a great "steel ride feel" , but, I still get this big grin when I'm bombing down some singletrack on my Jabber.
    I guess I would chose the El Mar on a longer ride. That's about all I can say.

Tone~
    Sorrel Seeker !!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by jct View Post
    glad to hear that the company is coming back. i'm sure Tom will do it right.
    Don't have a bike from Vassago but I have dealt with Tom earlier this year to get a GearPlugII. He was very helpful (there was a shipping error by the carrier) and made sure I got the goods. I also asked a question about Jabbernutz on a Saturday or Sunday (can't remember which) and got an answer the same day. From what I've seen, I think Vassago customers will be in good hands.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2