Superflying on Haven

The ultimate indoor winter beater

I used to ride a Schwinn spinning bike and run treadmill during winter to keep in shape but I've found that Louis Garneau spinning bike that tilts from side to side. It's quiet double belt driven, magnetic resistance, 100% adjustable. I removed the original handlebars to set up my own mtb bars. It's VERY cool, it really feels like I'm riding a real bike and It replicates perfectly the position I have on my Tallboy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The ultimate indoor winter beater-136-3666_img.jpg  

The ultimate indoor winter beater-136-3667_img.jpg  

The ultimate indoor winter beater-136-3668_img.jpg  

Mr. Lurker
    Why is the fork so clean, and the rest of the bike so dirty?

Professional Crastinator
    That's cool!

...unless you have

...OR (some would argue) this:

Pretty much anything would make indoor training less boring.

-F

Naturally Organic
    The LG doesn't look like a 29er (camera angle? optical illussion?)...might be posted in the wrong forum...

mtbr member
    Do you like the tilting movement? I always wondered if it was actually useful.

Flaccid Member
    I'd rather sit and spin on near DEATH MUD outdoors, than ride in the garage.

Superflying on Haven
    Quote Originally Posted by Polishdog
    Why is the fork so clean, and the rest of the bike so dirty?
    It's a brand new fork...

Superflying on Haven
    I'd rather sit and spin on near DEATH MUD outdoors, than ride in the garage.
    The trails are closed from November 30th to May 15th in my area and we got lots of snow. I got a $100 fine last year because I was caught on the trail in April. I rode away but the trail guardian took a digital picture of me so he had a damn good proof against me...

Superflying on Haven
    Do you like the tilting movement?
    It was my main concern but after few sessions it feels exacly like a bike outdoor... without the bumps and hills and everything else of course. It's less static than a stationary bike but the best thing is that is eliminates the "hitch" when pedaling.
    Last edited by Menzo; 11-01-2010 at 11:59 AM.

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by Menzo
    The trails are closed from November 30th to May 15th in my area and we got lots of snow. I got a $100 fine last year because I was caught on the trail in April. I rode away but the trail guardian took a digital picture of me so he had a damn good proof against me...
    Dude you have to shift,I mean it Half a year away each year I get mad if I miss a ride.

The next town over from were I live you meet alot of people that only moved there because of the great tracks

It realy is super hard to work out what tracks to do they are all so good & even a week wouldn't get you through them.
    Last edited by muzzanic; 11-01-2010 at 12:05 PM.

Superflying on Haven
    Dude you have to shift,I mean it Half a year away each year I get made if I miss a ride.
    That's the way it is here up in the North, nothing we can do. November is the worst month. It's getting colder, soon it will be dark outside at 5 pm.... My girlfriend knows I'll become more grumpy in the next weeks... but the snowboard season comes up. The stationary bike is only to maintain the fitness