Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223
Results 1,101 to 1,105 of 1105

Thread: Trek Sawyer

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    You will need to chemically strip the fame if you want the raw look with welding marks. Abrasive removal of the paint will erase welding marks, and generally leave the steel a dull grey.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 9GUY9 View Post
    You will need to chemically strip the fame if you want the raw look with welding marks. Abrasive removal of the paint will erase welding marks, and generally leave the steel a dull grey.
    Awesome, thank you!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Can i get some suggestions for converting the original stock Sawyer drivetrain to a single speed?

I'd like to avoid using a tensioner for looks.

Fat boy Mod Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mappable View Post
    Can i get some suggestions for converting the original stock Sawyer drivetrain to a single speed?

I'd like to avoid using a tensioner for looks.
    the sawyer was designed with a SS (or even belt drive) tensioner into the rear dropouts... will can be as simple as removing the inner/outer rings from the crankset and then a SS conversion kit on the rear wheel and cut the chain... ideally I'd replace the crank cog with a SS specific one and a proper SS chain...
    - Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I have debated powder coating mine.....but with the anodized red headset/bottom bracket/nipples on wheels, plus the red accents of the older X-O stuff, the gray makes the red and white (spokes on RXL wheels) pop.....That being said, a cool powder coat color with subdued components would be pretty cool.

And no doubt if the welds/brazing is nice looking, clear-coated raw would look pretty bad ass!

-r

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223