mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Trek Remedy 29 and Fuel EX 29 Shipping to US Dealers

Trek has released the new 29" wheel Remedy and Fuel Ex, some details here, while it wasn't released on consumer site yet the warehouse does have stock, and are shipping models. The page below has photos and tech/spec detail.

Mellow Johnny's All-New Trek Fuel EX 29 and Remedy 29

mtbr member
    from my understanding you can get them now

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Yes, Trek is shipping them today

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by teoteoteo View Post
    Yes, Trek is shipping them today
    Anyone got any geometry specs ?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Nsynk View Post
    Anyone got any geometry specs ?
    Looking for the same thing if anyone has them.

mtbr member
    Even the trek dealer site doesn't have them. Will have to wait until official release from trek. Sorry guys.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    It seems kinda bizarre that Tracey Moseley and Justin Leov would be tweeting pics of their new bikes, shops are ordering them and getting them in, and yet there has been no formal press release, no consumer website update, nothing.

mtbr member
    The word from trek to the dealers is that they want the consumer to be able to purchase the bike as soon as it is released, that is why the shops are getting them first.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Hard for a consumer to purchase a bike without knowing any geometry specifications, isn't it? Like, how long is the eff top tube? Head angle?

mtbr member
    I completly agree with you, I just think Trek was trying to keep it on the DL anyway and just have it as a suprise for the release, like "Hey, BTW you can buy on right now!" but it didnt work out that way.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I was hoping Trek would come out with those bikes, they look like great options. The Remedy 8 seems to be a good value (can't believe they built the 7 with a QR rear axle). It would be nice if Trek ran more demo days, they use to have them all the time and it looks like they don't have any scheduled for the MD/VA area this year.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Dealers have the geometry specs. its through there dealer only website. its in a PDF all way at the bottom. I found it looking over the shoulder of my dealer.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Well then, whose the dealer who is going to do us a solid and post it up?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I've been told the following for the 19" Remedy:

High/Low Setting

HT 68.2/67.5
    ST 69/68
    TT 59.7 cm (didn't catch the second number)
    Last edited by mr_fungle; 05-21-2013 at 10:20 PM. Reason: added frame size

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Good info; thanks! The real interesting number is going to be the chains stay length. That is the achilles heal for most long travel 29ers.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Went to put down my money on a Superfly today and saw something odd: a deep burgundy 29er with a vertical rear shock. So I walked over and took a peek. It said Fuel EX 9.8 on the frame, but had large wheels. HUH? Sure enough, the wheels were 29"!

Color my mind blown. I turned to see the staff watching me. They had been looking for a SF 100 Elite SL in 21" and I was there to money down on it. They were wondering what I was thinking about this bike.

Only thing is, this bike was a rental. They had only just assembled it the previous evening.

It is very nice looking. The paint is a deep burgundy candy over the carbon which gives it a very nice look. The trim is bright red. Very, very nice.

I took it for a spin around the complex and it feels good. I'll be renting it once the local trails dry out. $5200 and something MSRP. Yes, it's heavier than the SF by about 2 pounds.

Oh, decisions, decisions...

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymarket View Post
    I was hoping Trek would come out with those bikes, they look like great options. The Remedy 8 seems to be a good value (can't believe they built the 7 with a QR rear axle). It would be nice if Trek ran more demo days, they use to have them all the time and it looks like they don't have any scheduled for the MD/VA area this year.
    I went to a trek demo day put on by my local bike shop last month in MD, maybe they just keep some of them low key?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Trek Remedy 29 and Fuel EX 29 Shipping to US Dealers

I think it's the shops that need to request that in there area. I used to live in Alexandria until two weeks ago and demo days were a bit scant. Not sure about MD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Spokes Etc put on a trek demo day (with corporate/factory support) a little over a month ago at Wakefield. There was zero mention 0f these news bikes at that time.
    A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.